• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthefan

I've one of those annoying questions...

So I've just bought the game in the PSN sale. I've never played a Diablo game before. Anything I should know going in? Best difficulty and class to go on with? General tips? Thanks.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, farming Grift keys, the normal rifts have had their mobs so spread out of late for me. It makes the runs drag on as monk, then when I do Grifts everything is so much more dense, and easy to blast through for big explosions. If only my normals could be like that. Pushing toward lvl 40 Grifts solo with very sub par gear, though, so kinda happy about that. =)

So I've just bought the game in the PSN sale. I've never played a Diablo game before. Anything I should know going in? Best difficulty and class to go on with? General tips? Thanks.

Play on hard and prioritize damage while leveling. It's faster. As for class, just go with whatever tickles your fancy. Barbarian, monk, and crusader are melee while wizard, demon hunter, and witch doctor go ranged. It's a matter of personal preference.

MrDaravon

lbuPA2k.jpg

I'm obligated to check out the Nats build now right?

Jinaar

lbuPA2k.jpg

I'm obligated to check out the Nats build now right?

Nope. I made 2 Demon Hunters this season.

DH 1 is my UE/MS DH which is just a beast. But made of glass. But T10 is soloable.

DH 2 is my Death's Breaths Build - Rain of Vengeance/Strafe/Nat's/Sage(2 piece) - T7 hurts me alot. So very much.

The thought is that with the Nat's build, I can be speed clearing. But I feel my DH1 clears just as fast without the mobility. And I get just as many if not more Death's Breaths on T9 clears anyways. Plus better leg drops.

Nothing beats 2Billion Dmg Crits. Nothing beats elite packs melting offscreen before coming close. But it can be less exciting pew pew pewwing from the back.

I will say the RoV/Strafe build is more fun to play in a hectic sort of way. Alot of management and knowing when your skills are useable again (I got close to 50% cooldown reduction on skills there).

Can anyone help me out on how to build shenlong's Monk? I don't have a cindercoat yet so I don't know exactly what skills to grab and what affixes I want on my gear. Also I don't know if this build is even worth it if I don't have a cindercoat.

cindercoat is only used for the 20% fire damage so it's alright not to have it
guess you can use 2p uliana until you get cinder, this way crippling wave will apply EP (rune it cold or fire)

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Did some 65s with Thukker and a couple of friends yesterday.
SWK Monk + Hota barb is an amazing combination, we were able to finish one in 5 minutes, with one zdps barb and one healing monk.

xzoowy

Quin69 (twitch streamer that plays monk) just successfully upgraded his Taeguk gem three times in a row. The odds of that happening is 1 in a 1 000 000

Taz

Man, farming Grift keys, the normal rifts have had their mobs so spread out of late for me. It makes the runs drag on as monk, then when I do Grifts everything is so much more dense, and easy to blast through for big explosions. If only my normals could be like that. Pushing toward lvl 40 Grifts solo with very sub par gear, though, so kinda happy about that. =)

Play on hard and prioritize damage while leveling. It's faster. As for class, just go with whatever tickles your fancy. Barbarian,

monk, and crusader are melee while wizard, demon hunter, and witch doctor go ranged. It's a matter of personal preference.

In-geom Sage Fire Monk can do T7 rifts in less that 2 minutes, also nets you about 20-30 DBs per rift, I farmed 500 DBs in around an hour

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57872-monk-deaths-breath-farming-build-2-3-t6-t8

MrDaravon

Nope. I made 2 Demon Hunters this season.

DH 1 is my UE/MS DH which is just a beast. But made of glass. But T10 is soloable.

DH 2 is my Death's Breaths Build - Rain of Vengeance/Strafe/Nat's/Sage(2 piece) - T7 hurts me alot. So very much.

The thought is that with the Nat's build, I can be speed clearing. But I feel my DH1 clears just as fast without the mobility. And I get just as many if not more Death's Breaths on T9 clears anyways. Plus better leg drops.

Nothing beats 2Billion Dmg Crits. Nothing beats elite packs melting offscreen before coming close. But it can be less exciting pew pew pewwing from the back.

I will say the RoV/Strafe build is more fun to play in a hectic sort of way. Alot of management and knowing when your skills are useable again (I got close to 50% cooldown reduction on skills there).

Yeah, I already have a pretty much full GG UE set, T10 is whatever. DH's are pretty screwed in GR's right now, but what's interesting is the vast majority of the top DH's on the GR leaderboard are all using Nats and not UE build which is not what I was expecting at all. I already have a full Nats set that's fairly solid, if I find/roll another baller 1-hander or Calamity I'll probably check it out. I ran it a bit one or two seasons ago when that was a thing, but the Lightning variation of it is new.

This is why I organize my items, before doing anything. That and make sure to read the salvage window.

I don't read the salvage window but yeah I always organize my important items by putting them in the bottom right corner, or in this case I would have equipped it right away and then work on it. Pretty dumb move but on the plus side, he still has a staff to reforge anyway so he'll eventually get another. Just means more bounties which is eh.

Jinaar

Yeah, I already have a pretty much full GG UE set, T10 is whatever. DH's are pretty screwed in GR's right now, but what's interesting is the vast majority of the top DH's on the GR leaderboard are all using Nats and not UE build which is not what I was expecting at all. I already have a full Nats set that's fairly solid, if I find/roll another baller 1-hander or Calamity I'll probably check it out. I ran it a bit one or two seasons ago when that was a thing, but the Lightning variation of it is new.

Which lead me to re-evualate my original comment and do some research:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57391-2-3-0-armageddon-nats-6p-ingeom-best-farming-build

Found this build and video which I am going to play around with later tonight and see what happens.

Maybe I'm wrong and N6 is the way to go. At least for speed farming.
(I have Ancient Danetta's Spite and Revenge ready to go..... you get ALOT of them from Kadala and Cube Transmutations. What you don't get is a Calamity!! *swears and starts cutting self*)

dog$

Hates quality gaming

99% of people in public games are at Paragon Level 10,000 because they all have hacked gear and due to changes to how experience is shared. Enter public games at your own risk.

Console D3 thread is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

Repeat - Enter public games at your own risk.

----

I use Danettas set with N6 for DH speed farming (on console, so I can't cube an In Geom. Why does that guy in the above link have the belt set as the armor cube and in the loadout? Cube Hexing Pants or Leorics Crown at least, jeez). T7 is a breeze. It's like controlling a rocket. To hell with keeping F&R stacks up on that build.

Jinaar

I use Danettas set with N6 for DH speed farming (on console, so I can't cube an In Geom. Why does that guy in the above link have the belt set as the armor cube and in the loadout? Cube Hexing Pants or Leorics Crown at least, jeez). T7 is a breeze. It's like controlling a rocket. To hell with keeping F&R stacks up on that build.

I think he mentions in his text that if he has one belt equipped (Crashing Rain) then in the Cube it would be Harrington Waistguard and vise a versa.

MrDaravon

Hit 58 GR with my UE DH, was definitely room for improvement. In full yolo status now, rolled the vit off my helm and quiver for MS% since no amount of additional toughness, even with Unity makes a real difference. Might try next with my crazy Ancient Witching Hour instead of Hunters Wrath, not sure how much that was making a difference.

haven't played in a while, but I'm back in the shit now. Made a season WD and everything, dudes just past level 100 paragon and rocking it better than my monk is :(. Wanna play with some people though, and the GAF Overflow clan is kinda quiet - what's the dealio now - is there a new clan?

I won't be playing this weekend as I'll be out of town.

Fenderputty#1180

When I get back I"ll kick the least active member and put you on. People are like 170+ days inactive in the main clan.

Ingeniero

I cleared GR30 last night, feels good man.
I'll farm more this weekend.
jBX8nGI.png

About the NA clan, can I rejoin? how do I send a request, I only found <GAFO>.

EDIT. Battletag: MarKoNiO #1876

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yup, I can send (re)invitations later.

Now that we have that ability to invite people by battletag, I hid the clan since it makes the administration a lot easier when we're not getting 10 random join requests a day.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For your next session put on Paul Oakenfold's Tranceport for oldschool gaming binge feels.

LCGeek

formerly sane

That's my peeve on grs I thought the new set was going to be good but all the top DHS I find are lightning nats. fulimantor, calamity is so much better than hexing pants and baleire. Well UE now is better than the last season where I stopped playing dh cause it was too squishy and boring. Nats also is useful in situations especially wallers where as with UE you will have to reposition or wait it out.

Your other one hander is a stat stick so all you need is cdr, dex, and hope the other stats are ok.

ZenaxPure

That's my peeve on grs I thought the new set was going to be good but all the top DHS I find are lightning nats.

There are few multishot hunters in the top 10 on seasons, so not completely terrible. Actually saw an interesting version of the build that used the ice gem with polar sentries. Was 10th on the leaderboard last i check. pretty interesting to see. i picked up a yangs dara dropped when we were running the other day so i figured id level a dh and mess with it.

Armaros

That's my peeve on grs I thought the new set was going to be good but all the top DHS I find are lightning nats. fulimantor, calamity is so much better than hexing pants and baleire. Well UE now is better than the last season where I stopped playing dh cause it was too squishy and boring. Nats also is useful in situations especially wallers where as with UE you will have to reposition or wait it out.

Your other one hander is a stat stick so all you need is cdr, dex, and hope the other stats are ok.

At least it's not like WD, where like 90% of the leaderboard is Helltooth.

XShagrath

I've played all four seasons, and countless hours of non-seasons all the way back to Day 1 of vanilla. I've never had a Furnace drop for me.

joesmokey

I've played all four seasons, and countless hours of non-seasons all the way back to Day 1 of vanilla. I've never had a Furnace drop for me.
What class?

For Wizard it was pretty rare (p500+ in old exp), but then there were times where I would get two in the same day.

XShagrath

What class?

For Wizard it was pretty rare (p500+ in old exp), but then there were times where I would get two in the same day.

I played a lot of all classes in vanilla, and moved to Wiz around RoS (and a little before when the CM thing became popular). I think I've played Monk in all four seasons though, and been pretty exclusive to them for a while now.

Well with the cube it's quite easier to "force" a furnace now. I got one in S2 when I rolled a WD to mess around and I got it on the T6 rift I was getting powerleveled and hit 70 on. Got one this season from the cube after a dozen or so of 2H maces, so quite lucky, and on top it was ancient. As a WD this season though an ancient furnace was only useful for a while considering how dumb easy getting an ancient scrimshaw is(still took a bunch of crafts, like 15-20 or so, but eh).

I've had really good luck though this season overall. I got F+R pretty early(not very good rolls, but decent), I got a SMK for like my 4th ceremonial knife or so(not that I really used it for much but still it's rare, though I eventually dropped 3 more anyway), I got 6pc arachyr on the first farming day and 6pc helltooth the day after, I got FOUR rama's gifts on the same freaking day, when I made a DH the first thing I cubed was an ancient calamity with good rolls when I was planning to go Nat anyway and a few other minor lucky stuff. But I guess I also played quite a bunch, reaching paragon 500+ entirely solo and not farming efficiently(didn't bother doing GRs until I started pushing 50+ and a few to get gems to 25).

Dreavus

Man, getting trolled by set ring drops is the pits.

All I need is a Focus. It's one of the only things holding my build back at the moment.

Armaros

Well with the cube it's quite easier to "force" a furnace now. I got one in S2 when I rolled a WD to mess around and I got it on the T6 rift I was getting powerleveled and hit 70 on. Got one this season from the cube after a dozen or so of 2H maces, so quite lucky, and on top it was ancient. As a WD this season though an ancient furnace was only useful for a while considering how dumb easy getting an ancient scrimshaw is(still took a bunch of crafts, like 15-20 or so, but eh).

I've had really good luck though this season overall. I got F+R pretty early(not very good rolls, but decent), I got a SMK for like my 4th ceremonial knife or so(not that I really used it for much but still it's rare, though I eventually dropped 3 more anyway), I got 6pc arachyr on the first farming day and 6pc helltooth the day after, I got FOUR rama's gifts on the same freaking day, when I made a DH the first thing I cubed was an ancient calamity with good rolls when I was planning to go Nat anyway and a few other minor lucky stuff. But I guess I also played quite a bunch, reaching paragon 500+ entirely solo and not farming efficiently(didn't bother doing GRs until I started pushing 50+ and a few to get gems to 25).

The cube is godly for WDs getting SMK. I know many people that have never see one over hundreds of hours and then get 3 this season from the cube.

Iirc SMK is one of the rarest legs in the game.

The cube is godly for WDs getting SMK. I know many people that have never see one over hundreds of hours and then get 3 this season from the cube.

Iirc SMK is one of the rarest legs in the game.

Haha, yeah, I got one yesterday using the Cube. Not a good one so it needs to be extracted but I'll definitely be going after another one once I get the materials built up again.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Woo! Finally got Flow of Eternity! Monk feels completely different now. I actually had to actively remind myself that SSS CD is virtually non-existent now and I can spam it instead of waiting 10 or so seconds between each use. =p

Donos

Still working my way through story mode with DH since i lost all my PS3 saves.
Just got a Nagelring which summons Fallen Lunatics ... LOOOL these guys stomp champions and elites in one blink (30.000 dmg/75.000 crit while i do around 1200 atm). Reading up a bit on the ring, it seems really OP.
Going to keep this although i already have a better legendary ring at hand.

Radec

Finally finished solo GR60!

Goddamn that was the best rift possible. Full of anarchs and shit on a long ass act 3 barracks rift.
Got lucky with a huge pack with 2 elites while on conduit. Then another huge pack on a power pylon.
Channelling pylon at 90% to top it off.

Went from 58 to 60 because fuck 59.
KuGsj.gif

Now time to re-roll a WD.

MrDaravon

Holy shit lol

This is an obviously extreme case, but this shit is why I don't play hardcore. Regardless of how good my internet is I have never had sub-100ms latency to Diablo 3, and my only Hardcore character back in vanilla completely bullshit died to due to lag. It's pretty ridiculous. Also playing with WD's the framerate gets so bad now that it's actually starting to give me headaches, I may honestly just solo it out from here.

Firemind

Bwahaha.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even in hardcore, if you die you keep your paragon levels, your gold and all your stash, right?
Yeah, I imagine they all have functional subs by now.

It's stupid though how the game tries to recalculate the numbers and then grinds to a halt because of the resulting lag. That's the price of ridiculous modifiers I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom