• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

I've got like most of a OnePunchMonk set...except for weapons and rings. FeelsBadMan

And my Inna's set right now is support, so it feels really crappy joining in TX rifts and essentially leeching cause I do no damage.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've got like most of a OnePunchMonk set...except for weapons and rings. FeelsBadMan

And my Inna's set right now is support, so it feels really crappy joining in TX rifts and essentially leeching cause I do no damage.

support monks >>>> DPS monks tho. They're pretty much essential for getting to high GRifts. I play a wizard this season and do a ton of damage but without a support I can't even look at mobs in 65+ without getting melted. With support monk I can get to 85+.

Any recommendations for the WD?

I picked one for this season, hit 70, and am trying to get the Zunnimassa (sp?) freebie gear, but don't know what build to rock

So I have a pretty nice invoker Crusader right now. #85 in Hardcore Seasons, finished GR69 last night. And I think I have probably hit a wall. Most of the Crusaders above me are LoN Bombardment.

I am trying to move that direction, but I have yet to even see a Litany drop this season. And I have 60 hours on my Crusader already. I have 6 Wailing Hosts... but none ancient.

Is the best way to get the ancient gear I need to just reroll the legendary until it rolls ancient? That 50x Forgotten Soul is a pretty staggering number.

EDIT: Also, does anyone in the NA GAF clan play HC? I'd love a clan invite.

Baliis

So I have a pretty nice invoker Crusader right now. #85 in Hardcore Seasons, finished GR69 last night. And I think I have probably hit a wall. Most of the Crusaders above me are LoN Bombardment.

I am trying to move that direction, but I have yet to even see a Litany drop this season. And I have 60 hours on my Crusader already. I have 6 Wailing Hosts... but none ancient.

Is the best way to get the ancient gear I need to just reroll the legendary until it rolls ancient? That 50x Forgotten Soul is a pretty staggering number.

EDIT: Also, does anyone in the NA GAF clan play HC? I'd love a clan invite.

69 was where I struggled last season until I got Akarats Awakening and pushed up to 72 or so. LoN still better obviously, but still a pretty solid level.

A couple of us are this season at least, though I've mostly been playing Overwatch since the open beta started and have only done up to like GR 52

MrDaravon

Yeah, Overwatch beta has consumed practically everyone I know. The few times I've hopped on to grind for a bit while watching/listening to something I have waaaay more people than usual on bnet but they're all playing that beta.

Cipherr

Im upset with the season because of my class. I like the Demon Hunter but 99% of my play is in PUGs for Greater Rifts.

And Crusaders, Barbs, Mages and sometimes even WD's love to skip 90% of trash in GRifts and look for the champs, THEN they stop, kill them and move on.

That kind of gameplay is cancer for my DH because I rely on large multipliers in Steady Aim, and Zeis Stone of Vengeance for lots of my damage. Im neutered if I cannot attack the primary target from a distance + keep mobs out of 10 yards from me.

With them skipping trash standing 40 yards back from a pack is suicide, I have skeles and shit all over me that we skipped. And I can't run ahead because I just encounter the trash ahead of the fight spot. Its extremely annoying to GRift with anyone except other DH's who play exactly as I do
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I didn't see this coming. If I had I would have been a Monk.

eek5

Im upset with the season because of my class. I like the Demon Hunter but 99% of my play is in PUGs for Greater Rifts.

And Crusaders, Barbs, Mages and sometimes even WD's love to skip 90% of trash in GRifts and look for the champs, THEN they stop, kill them and move on.

That kind of gameplay is cancer for my DH because I rely on large multipliers in Steady Aim, and Zeis Stone of Vengeance for lots of my damage. Im neutered if I cannot attack the primary target from a distance + keep mobs out of 10 yards from me.

With them skipping trash standing 40 yards back from a pack is suicide, I have skeles and shit all over me that we skipped. And I can't run ahead because I just encounter the trash ahead of the fight spot. Its extremely annoying to GRift with anyone except other DH's who play exactly as I do
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I didn't see this coming. If I had I would have been a Monk.

Why not just try strafe or multishot builds? Strafe one in general is ridiculous

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/79650-2-4-1-fastest-dh-farming-possible-trail-of

BTW if u want to roll a monk u can leech off me to get gear lol :)

Cipherr

Why not just try strafe or multishot builds? Strafe one in general is ridiculous

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/79650-2-4-1-fastest-dh-farming-possible-trail-of

BTW if u want to roll a monk u can leech off me to get gear lol :)

Yeah thats where I'm headed now. I'm just a little salty. It's going to be a minute before I can get enough Ancients to make that particular LoN build work because I recently blew the mats I had been stockpiling since season's start on solidifying as many ancient set pieces and weapons as I could for my current build. Im basically ready to start applying level 80 caldeseums only to find that I loathe the builds gameplay in group games.

Feels bad man.

mileS

My luck this season with the WD has been terrible.
-Almost 500 paragon until my first gift
-Have been crafting 2h mace all day long. Prob my #1 focus of most of my time is farming mats. No Furnace yet. Pretty shit considering the WD 2h mace pool is really small.
-Barely any ancient upgrades or even a copy of important items I need. I feel like in the past 3 seasons by at least para500, I had at least half ancients. Bitching about this isn't as bad though. Much more RNG involved. That being said I still feel most of us in the clan have a good amount of ancients by that paragon level.

Ayumi

Only Paragon 150, been wasting too much time gob farming. I just don't really feel a rush for other things this season yet, it's actually nice to have other stuff to do.

Managed to get 6 pets last night too, including the Succubi I wanted~

Also, I met someone with the Cosmic Wings, and they look very nice IRL (better than in this upscaled screenshot, thanks Retina).

http://i.imgur.com/PHb4CnX.jpg

eek5

i feel like this time around im hitting the higher GRs way faster than i did with my wizard last season.

Tal went from 2000 to 3000% bonus. I jumped on my NS wiz and did a 3 min GR70 with flashfire (previously was in the 5 min range) pretty nutty

If you think finding a good amulet is tough now wait until you try a SWK based monk...

Just swap set. You get 1 amulet every 60 db / 60 souls more or less. Way better than messing around with upgrading amulets, gambling, praying, or reforging IMO.. at least for the first amulet you want to use.

If you do this early on you'll basically get GG non-legendary rolls on all your other pieces too.

Only Paragon 150, been wasting too much time gob farming. I just don't really feel a rush for other things this season yet, it's actually nice to have other stuff to do.

Managed to get 6 pets last night too, including the Succubi I wanted~

Also, I met someone with the Cosmic Wings, and they look very nice IRL (better than in this upscaled screenshot, thanks Retina).

http://i.imgur.com/PHb4CnX.jpg

It just dawned on me.... pet gobs don't spawn in rifts. That would be why at almost GR600, I have yet to find one.

Doh

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I started up a Monk this season and got the Inna's set with the Boots, it's pretty hilarious just walking into a crowd of enemies and letting my Mystic Allies do all the work. I'm definitely going to try and maximize this setup while my interest is on it, lol.

I just started my monk last night. Already up to level 32, looking forward to 70 and getting to the real game.

Nymerio

Only need the Envious Blade for my one punch gear. It's already pretty nice but always critting on full health mobs should take it to ridiculous levels.

mileS

Okay what in the flying fuck Chiltara.... i thought they fixed this droprate? Been reading on the forums people have more luck farming it on normal. Not me. Between tx and normal ive been going ham on this with nothing to show. It's extremely unfair.

Ayumi

Btw, if anyone gets bored enough to farm gobs for pets, cosmic wings or whatever, they seem to spawn more in the common gob areas when there's a bounty mark on the map.

I do these runs on TX (difficulty doesn't matter for gobs, only their loot):
Northern Highlands (including Leorics Huntinggrounds above it) -> Southern Highlands, Moon Clan Cave -> Royal Crypts

Then the maybe-less-common ones (if they have a bounty mark):
- Anything with Level 1, 2 in the name as long as it isn't a tiny-wallet corridor map

For instance:
- Pandemonium Fortress 1, 2
- Halls of Agony 1, 2, 3
- Tower of the Damned/Cursed

Northern Highlands and Leoric's Huntinggrounds seeem to have the most frequent spawning gobs. Sometimes you get two (one on each area) gobs. Also worth checking Royal Crypts on each reset since it has a high spawn chance and is a very tiny map. I usually just check these 3 places, and add Southern Highlands if it has a bounty mark.

Farming for stuff like Cosmic Wings is honestly a waste of time, but you do get something out of it (yay, pets, shards, vaults). I'm not really ~farming~ for the wings, but at the same time I am. Too bored with GR, so why not. ( ._.)
Okay what in the flying fuck Chiltara.... i thought they fixed this droprate? Been reading on the forums people have more luck farming it on normal. Not me. Between tx and normal ive been going ham on this with nothing to show. It's extremely unfair.
She's not fixed yet? Damn. I remember being extremely lucky with the gemstone back in vanilla.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think I got a gibbering gemstone from like, my only chilltara kill, while leveling. I don't even remember what it's used for.

mileS

They knew about the bugged droprate. Claimed to have fixed it but instead all they did was 'fix' chiltaras spawn rate. So the extremely lower than normal droprate for the item was left alone.... because you know. That makes perfect sense. Such a blizzard move

Harl3

Weird, I got my gibbering stone in the first try. And I do remember how bad it was before they fixed.

That Leoric's Shinbone took me a lot, but at least it was easier than searching for chiltara. And if you are mad with Blizzard because Chiltara, then wait for Sir William if you want the portrait.

It was worth it for me though, so cute.

eek5

damn i got 2 gibbering gemstones already :|

If you think finding a good amulet is tough now wait until you try a SWK based monk...

I actually did last season and the one I got from Haedrig's was decent--Dex/CHD/Ele Dmg/Regen at first, re-rolled the Regen to a Socket and I was golden. I want an Amulet with 3 of the 4: Dex/CHC/CHD/Socket, and I will be fine. I keep finding 2/4 or 3/4 with no resistance as a secondary which also sucks.

Ayumi

Hard is apparently the best bang for your buck in terms of xp & speed balance.

Probably depends on the character's skills and damage output. I ran some stuff on Normal, and honestly didn't notice much of a difference in Torment I since I one-shot in both difficulties. So in the sense of speed, it was the same.

Xanathus

Why are you guys farming for the Staff of Herding if you already have it on non-season (i'm assuming you do)? The Rainbow Portrait is shared account wide.

Ayumi

Why are you guys farming for the Staff of Herding if you already have it on non-season (i'm assuming you do)? The Rainbow Portrait is shared account wide.
Because some want it now instead of waiting to farm it in months. Edit: I see what you mean now. But season is season, I think people like to just stick with one place. My seasonal Monk is far stronger than my NS Wiz, and I like it a lot better for various stuff like farming etc.

mileS

Yeah I figured it would be. I'm getting the staff on Seasonal because I don't have it completed non-season yet. I always got as far as the gemstone from Chiltara.

Anyways after 2-3 nights of farming I finally got the bastard to drop it. What a chore that was.

Shifty76

gotta get seasonal spectrum transmog man
I got that one of the first whimsy runs I did :D

Also, I'm ditching my opm in favour of Ulianas. I enjoy the play style more (everything goes BOOM) plus it's nearly as quick in TX as opm anyway. Oh yeah, and one-shotting rift guardians never gets old.

eek5

I got that one of the first whimsy runs I did :D

Also, I'm ditching my opm in favour of Ulianas. I enjoy the play style more (everything goes BOOM) plus it's nearly as quick in TX as opm anyway. Oh yeah, and one-shotting rift guardians never gets old.

OPM is great but I'm getting a bit tired of keeping SW up against certain enemies in certain maps. Sometimes it becomes unmanageable because they keep getting into your personal space and dropping your buff. really wish SWK set just handled stacks and we could use belt as a flex spot.

I haven't really played Uli because I don't want to deal with all the MR snapshotting bullshit but it sounds like it has at least been simplified so maybe I'll give it another go. I mostly only run GR60-69 with OPM right now and farm TX with tal-sage since it is almost as fast as my OPM except I get more DB drops when keystone farming. I'm hoping to stumble into a build that can run 2-4 min GR70s :\

w4ttsup

Just to ensure I'm not losing my mind/time, upgrading two-handed maces is the best way to get a Furnace right?

Want to make sure the crafting drop rates of the cube aren't the same as the drop rates of rifts, etc.

For example, if there are 10 two-handed maces in the lvl 70 pool for WDs, using the cube to craft should yield a 10% chance.

I'm pretty sure this is the case and I've just been getting stupid unlucky.

Baliis

Just to ensure I'm not losing my mind/time, upgrading two-handed maces is the best way to get a Furnace right?

Want to make sure the crafting drop rates of the cube aren't the same as the drop rates of rifts, etc.

For example, if there are 10 two-handed maces in the lvl 70 pool for WDs, using the cube to craft should yield a 10% chance.

I'm pretty sure this is the case and I've just been getting stupid unlucky.

You're assuming the cube ignores that the furnace is a rarer drop than other 2h maces. I don't think it does.

Tokubetsu

When should I be doing Greater Rifts? I'm handling T5 alright rn and just opened since its one of 3 season challenges i have left and I was barely denting the first mob lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
When should I be doing Greater Rifts? I'm handling T5 alright rn and just opened since its one of 3 season challenges i have left and I was barely denting the first mob lol

you should be able do GRs up to your current Torment level. it says in parentheses what the equivalent is. seems like you just selected a higher one than you should have

Top Bottom