• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

The top solo Wiz build is DMO Energy Twister/Disintegrate? Anyone got a good guide?

you don't really need a guide so much as the basic points:

- keep moving forward
- use tornados to keep aggroing behind you as you move forward
- bubble when it's off cooldown
- Let tornadoes work and stay alive.
- aggro as many packs together as you can
- pray for good density
- pray for a boss that's not OP.

That's really it. Item builds you can see on the Leaderboards and their hero details. Note, most of the people in the top 25 have between 15,000-20,000 Int.

I think the biggest challenge the build has is staying alive because you have all spenders and the need to keep bubble up is extreme given no Curiass. If you can stay alive you'll kill everything fairly efficiently.

I feel like I finally beat the game with a Demon Hunter.

Yang Recurve+Multishot quiver(x2 damage below 60%)+Marauders, and everything dies in seconds.

All I need to find is a good amulet, and I feel like I'll be done.(My current Rare amulet is beast though, 85% crit damage, 10% crit chance, Dexterity, 100 damage), all the legendary amulets I've found are woefully worse.

Baliis

Crusader too stronk. And to think 70 was my original goal for the season.
DkD0Ypu.png

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Yang Recurve+Multishot quiver(x2 damage below 60%)+Marauders, and everything dies in seconds.

All I need to find is a good amulet, and I feel like I'll be done.(My current Rare amulet is beast though, 85% crit damage, 10% crit chance, Dexterity, 100 damage), all the legendary amulets I've found are woefully worse.

Wait, how high can you go in terms of difficulty/greater rifts?

nah you're far from it
Best amulets have 100%CHD/10%CHC/socket and then either 1000 stat or 20% elemental damage. Cherry on top being 7% damage reduction or 40% control reduction

ferr

nah you're far from it
Best amulets have 100%CHD/10%CHC/socket and then either 1000 stat or 20% elemental damage. Cherry on top being 7% damage reduction or 40% control reduction

Don't forget they have to be an ancient HFA with an awesome passive.

Begaria

I didn't think it'd ever happened but it did, I blew through my entire store pile of hundreds of Greater Rift keystones upgrading my Ancient gear with the +stat recipe.

And I still have one more piece to upgrade :\

It's going to drive me crazy going through regular Rifts just to get keystones, heh.

Addnan

Multishot with M6 is far below multishot with UE. M6 is really a Cluster Arrow set.

eek5

Yeah there is no guaranteed drops on regular rift guardians. I'd say I average about 2-3 souls per guardian (leg drops + soul drops) on TX. Usually 2-3 leg drops per run but some can be more or less.

Somewhere around 110 leg drops per hr on TX rift runs for me

Wait, how high can you go in terms of difficulty/greater rifts?

I can do viii without problem, ix generally well but have to be careful in what I step in lol

nah you're far from it

They go higher? I think amulet is the hardest thing to find since my rare one is so good

Multishot with M6 is far below multishot with UE. M6 is really a Cluster Arrow set.

Im actually running a mix set, doing M4 and Natalya 2 because theyre both incomplete :X But everything melts so faaast

strafer

Yeah there is no guaranteed drops on regular rift guardians. I'd say I average about 2-3 souls per guardian (leg drops + soul drops) on TX. Usually 2-3 leg drops per run but some can be more or less.

Somewhere around 110 leg drops per hr on TX rift runs for me

Damn. How long does it take you to do each run? Are you doing it solo?

Baliis

I can do viii without problem, ix generally well but have to be careful in what I step in lol

They go higher? I think amulet is the hardest thing to find since my rare one is so good

Im actually running a mix set, doing M4 and Natalya 2 because theyre both incomplete :X But everything melts so faaast

It's fun reading what casual people write sometimes lol. Not even a full six set but love how things melt? Not even running tx? Not worried about no socket in his sick rare ammy? Glad to see you enjoying the game though lol. Probably enjoying the game more than me raging at shitty mob types in GR75 plus.

Got a Jesus amulet last night. Feeling like a threat.

I got the sickest doombringer ever last night oh god. CDR, phys, area damage, str, vit, near perfect rolls all around. Sooooo good. I mostly need to pick up better bracers, belt, and shoulders now and I'll really be rocking.

eek5

Damn. How long does it take you to do each run? Are you doing it solo?

TX run is like 2-3 min depending on the rift.

Got a Jesus amulet last night. Feeling like a threat.

You are the worst

It's fun reading what casual people write sometimes lol. Not even a full six set but love how things melt? Not even running tx? Not worried about no socket in his sick rare ammy? Glad to see you enjoying the game though lol. Probably enjoying the game more than me raging at sorry mob types in GR75 plus.
A couple people I know IRL play Diablo and they never make it past like T5. They just keep making new characters. It pains me to see their progress or lack of it

Baliis

TX run is like 2-3 min depending on the rift.

Yea, 2-3 mins is pretty normal, sub 2 in a really good rift. I've been running 75s in like 7-9 depending on mobs and density, but I had one godly rift that was only 5mins lol. Get like 10+ legs each rift too.

Paertan

Ok what am I missing about getting the Kanai cube.

I enter in Adventure Mode. Hard. Do I need to play normal?
I talk to Zoltan Kulle.
I don't get any indicators on my map or anything
If I run all the way to the Throne Room no even is triggered.

Do I need to do something else? Reach lv70 (currently 69)? Do another quest first?

eek5

Yea, 2-3 mins is pretty normal, sub 2 in a really good rift. I've been running 75s in like 7-9 depending on mobs and density, but I had one godly rift that was only 5mins lol. Get like 10+ legs each rift too.

75 in 7-9 is really good. I do 75 with my DMO in about 9-11 :(

I've gotten my 63's to a consistent 2.5min though so I've just been running that to get 3 gems up to 63s then step up through 68 to get the gems to 69 before I switch to DMO. I've been mainly augmenting my tal/fb gear which is holding back my DMO wiz but I figure the faster/stronger I get with tal/wow the faster I'll be able to farm and gear up my DMO.

Baliis

Ok what am I missing about getting the Kanai cube.

I enter in Adventure Mode. Hard. Do I need to play normal?
I talk to Zoltan Kulle.
I don't get any indicators on my map or anything
If I run all the way to the Throne Room no even is triggered.

Do I need to do something else? Reach lv70 (currently 69)? Do another quest first?

Make sure you're going to the right room maybe? The cube is not in the main throne room, its in a different room all by itself.

I've gotten my 63's to a consistent 2.5min though so I've just been running that to get 3 gems up to 63s then step up through 68 to get the gems to 69 before I switch to DMO. I've been mainly augmenting my tal/fb gear which is holding back my DMO wiz but I figure the faster/stronger I get with tal/wow the faster I'll be able to farm and gear up my DMO.

I've finally enchanted something now that o got that doombringer, gonna try and get my gems up to 75 at least, got one at 70 and a couple more on the 60s. I really wanna start playing Digimon though :(

eek5

Make sure you're going to the right room maybe? The cube is not in the main throne room, its in a different room all by itself.
Yeah the cube is on the 2nd floor too at the very north of the map. You'll see like an altar with the cube on it.[/quote]
I've finally enchanted something now that o got that doombringer, gonna try and get my gems up to 75 at least, got one at 70 and a couple more on the 60s. I really wanna start playing Digimon though :(

I want to hit GR80 but I also want to play XCOM2 :( I really like the augment system. It basically guarantees that I'm working towards making my dudes stronger every time I play instead of just entering a weird salvage hamster wheel cycle. I get legit 300-350 main stat upgrade every 1-2 days.

Xanathus

I gots a Band of Might and it's even ancient, lets farm 80ssss.

Paertan

Oh the Wiki said "The cube is obtained from the Kanai's Throneroom located on level two of the Ruins of Sescheron in Act Three"
But I will search more.

Xanathus

I would do 80 farms, there a support sader build yea? Pop them orbs. Hell, you can spawn a billion orbs even with the normal LoN build if you just change your law.

I think support Sader builds are more about damage mitigation and healing rather than orbs, a Barb is more than enough for orb generation. WDs are for damage boosting and Monk are also for mitigation and healing. Monks do it better than Crusaders tho.

Baliis

Oh the Wiki said "The cube is obtained from the Kanai's Throneroom located on level two of the Ruins of Sescheron in Act Three"
But I will search more.

I forget how the rooms are actually named, but there's a room with the guy on the throne, and a room in a different place that actually has the cube. It's usually in the upper right area of the map I believe so look there.

eek5

I think support Sader builds are more about damage mitigation and healing rather than orbs, a Barb is more than enough for orb generation. WDs are for damage boosting and Monk are also for mitigation and healing. Monks do it better than Crusaders tho.

Yeah a monk is huge for 85+ but I think if we're doing just 80's we should be ok. Having a WD for the BBV would be nice though

Paertan

I forget how the rooms are actually named, but there's a room with the guy on the throne, and a room in a different place that actually has the cube. It's usually in the upper right area of the map I believe so look there.

Yeah found the room now. Not the room named in the Wiki. Thanks =)

Baliis

Yeah a monk is huge for 85+ but I think if we're doing just 80's we should be ok. Having a WD for the BBV would be nice though

Yea, there isn't much for sader sorry this season, unless we just ran 2 dps, which we prob could for 80 at least. I could try hearing out a support DH though, there's some potential there at least with mitigation and damage increases. Or I could just roll a WD and kadala all the gear lol. Dunno what they even need, prob an SMK or some shit.

Yeah found the room now. Not the room named in the Wiki. Thanks =)

NP, glad I could help

Xanathus

Yea, there isn't much for sader sorry this season, unless we just ran 2 dps, which we prob could for 80 at least. I could try hearing out a support DH though, there's some potential there at least with mitigation and damage increases. Or I could just roll a WD and kadala all the gear lol. Dunno what they even need, prob an SMK or some shit.
NP, glad I could help

The thing I'm noticing from looking at all the top groups on the leaderboard is that the support builds don't really need a specific build. It's pretty much all about how strong the DMO Wizard is lol. Barbs, WDs and Monks all just need a few specific skills and then it's just ways to have infinite resource generation and damage reduction. For example Barbs have WW and HoTA support builds but both of them are at the top of the leaderboards, but the reason Barbs are around is because they have a lot of skills that generate globes and Ignore Pain.

eek5

I think as long as you bring defense globes and maybe dps buff it should be all good.

Dual DPS would probably work too. 80 is low enough where we could probably do anything we want

Baliis

I think as long as you bring defense globes and maybe dps buff it should be all good.

Dual DPS would probably work too. 80 is low enough where we could probably do anything we want

The thing I'm noticing from looking at all the top groups on the leaderboard is that the support builds don't really need a specific build. It's pretty much all about how strong the DMO Wizard is lol. Barbs, WDs and Monks all just need a few specific skills and then it's just ways to have infinite resource generation and damage reduction. For example Barbs have WW and HoTA support builds but both of them are at the top of the leaderboards, but the reason Barbs are around is because they have a lot of skills that generate globes and Ignore Pain.

Yea. Support DH seems pretty solid anyways if I wanna try that, I have all the gear for it already pretty much since it shares a lot of pieces with my LoN gear lol. Lots of damage buffa though between crit increases, mfd, calamity, wolf, etc, plus some reduction from sentry and stuff should be good.

Is there anything more fun than using the Arachyr's + Manajuma's sets? On Torment 1-7 all I need is a cubed Wormwood and Quetzalcoatl and everything on the screen dies as I run past. Hilarious and amazing for bounties and leveling gems to 25 super quick.

In other news, I still haven't found a Guilded Baron on T10, so tonight I'm gonna do the Ruins of Corvus method. Last night I leveled up my Boon to 29 so that should hopefully be enough.

Xanathus

Fundamentally all that's needed is an ET DMO Wiz and a globe generator. Then you just put in any other classes for more damage or mitigation.

gryvan

I think I have like 95% of gear required to run gr 70 in hardcore...but my problem is half of them are still regular instead of ancients.. so more souls to farm forever and ever and ever and ever.........

eek5

Is there anything more fun than using the Arachyr's + Manajuma's sets? On Torment 1-7 all I need is a cubed Wormwood and Quetzalcoatl and everything on the screen dies as I run past. Hilarious and amazing for bounties and leveling gems to 25 super quick.

In other news, I still haven't found a Guilded Baron on T10, so tonight I'm gonna do the Ruins of Corvus method. Last night I leveled up my Boon to 29 so that should hopefully be enough.

I used to do avarice in other seasons with corvus. 70-75% chance to drop gold is the sweet spot. Wear gold skin if you can. I think I'd wear an amulet with GF on it too.

Baliis

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Need ancient gloves and helm especially, for the large vit boost.

I finally got an ancient Wailing host last night as well to replace my non ancient one and it was a pretty big boost. The only thing I'm still really missing is an ancient nemesis bracers for the extra elites, and a thorns belt + shoulders which is like 18k more thorns right there. Need to get some good ancient invokers shoulders or something for that guaranteed thorns roll, but I'm dreading getting another near perfect belt of the trove.

Also eek, start learning how to stick twisters on corners lmao, so fucking dumb.

Top Bottom