• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

raiot

Whats up with rank cheaters??
I joined a rift party and after my game finished loading I had additional 1000 Paragon ranks... :(((((

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Hacked items have been in console D3 since the previous generation vanilla release, and hacked gems have been in the game since gems themselves were introduced.

The difference with the latest patch is that experience is shared among the players based on what they earn - this means that a player who has experience bonuses from gear shares that bonus among all players, and this means that a player who has a hacked Gem Of Ease which grants four billion additional experience per monster kill has some of that bonus applied to you.

This is why it has been repeatedly said in this thread and elsewhere that this patch particularly makes it imperative for players to never play games where other public players can join in.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I joined a rift party and after my game finished loading I had additional 1000 Paragon ranks... :(((((

Blizzard NEEDS to add an online mode. D2 had a choice, local or online. Why they don't want to do it... baffles me.

Sadly hackers are the reason I stopped playing. I keep subbed to this topic in the hopes one day someone will post something regarding Blizzard dealing with the problem.

Teemo

Banned
Going to pick up the console version during black friday. I played and beat d3 on my 360 and never played the expansion. Would you guys say the gameplay is still pretty much the same as the vanilla version or has the patches/upgrades changed the gameplay alot?

ZenaxPure

Going to pick up the console version during black friday. I played and beat d3 on my 360 and never played the expansion. Would you guys say the gameplay is still pretty much the same as the vanilla version or has the patches/upgrades changed the gameplay alot?

Core gameplay is the same in terms of combat, but, the expansion has brought more and more viable builds into the equation because of how they changed items. None of the builds from the original game survived into the expansion but there are new builds that are similar to those of the past.

Outside of the combat everything is different, adventure mode and rifts offer infinite replayability and there are a lot of ways to customize your items thanks to the mystic (rerolls a stat on a piece of gear to something else) and the cube (creates legendaries from rares, completely rerolls an item as if you just IDed it for the first time, convert set items into other set items, and a few other things.)

Paganmoon

He plays on console bro (or well did in the past)! But console version doesn't have the PTR so can't really test stuff out there.

Well, he asked about PTR, of which there is non on consoles, and that it runs like shit on his MacBook pro, so I'm guessing he isn't talking about the console version :)

Baleoce

Been having a pretty fun time leveling alts with this. 1-70 is ridiculous.

EUHuyxC.png

dog$

Hates quality gaming
hey wait what why is this thread updated what the hell

Oh, someone posted in it! Neat!

Guys. Guys. Help. I think I'm going to try raising up a 4 man hardcore squad. The Platinum is hanging right there and I would just need to bullshit around on low difficulties for a while, right? That's all. Not so bad. Right? I mean, come on, how funny would it be for the other two accounts to have a Platinum in this game despite never having been played with human input. Funny, right? Right? Guys?

Geneijin

You'll probably have more luck in the other Diablo 3 thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1111739

This one is focused on the console version.
I never thought this thread existed until now. I always assumed they (the D3 threads) were one and the same, and console players were getting buried by the seasonal PC players :lol

Guys. Guys. Help. I think I'm going to try raising up a 4 man hardcore squad. The Platinum is hanging right there and I would just need to bullshit around on low difficulties for a while, right? That's all. Not so bad. Right? I mean, come on, how funny would it be for the other two accounts to have a Platinum in this game despite never having been played with human input. Funny, right? Right? Guys?
If you play it incredibly safe, it's easy to solo Hardcore for the platinum at the lowest difficulty. It just takes time as I did it the lame way with Crusader. If you're PS4, I could help tomorrow if you want and we could just 2-man it with my 70 Crusader.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I appreciate the offer. I'm not sure what time I'll have available to do it, and that's if I bother.

I've long railed against HC play as it just requires more downtime and safer play (if second wind passive triggers, TP, wait for cooldown, resume, repeat; tada, that's hardcore) as well as releveling characters in case of death (because I can't stand playing this game at sub-end level), so I've long avoided it. But it really is the only thing I have to do to get another Platinum.

Muh. We'll see. I may just talk myself out of it again. I honestly do appreciate your offer regardless.

Geneijin

No problem. If not tomorrow, sometime next week works if you still want to then. We could always run through it on Normal. Depends how cautious or fast you want to play if you're just aiming for the trophy.

Krayzie

Why not just join a public game on HC and get pleveled by the numerous hackers? Then kill diablo & maltheal and just delete your character. BOOM platinum!!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yeah, I did try that out for a while. Turns out nobody hangs out with fresh characters on public. I didn't get a single match in ~15 minutes of trying on a Saturday evening. Seems like I'd have to join The 70 Club to meet all the cool kids.

Singleplayer hardcore on XB1/PS4 is broken since you can just quit out at any moment w/o delay. In other words, it's impossible to die unless you're really drunk or something.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Introducing Seasons on consoles and making them online only would go a long way towards easing the cheating in this game. Nerfing Gem of Ease seems like a half-assed measure to me, the damage is already done.

Also for next expansion game needs to be online only and anyone with hacked gear forced to delete their hacked shit and characters or they can't play the game.

So I recently got this for PS4 and have been playing with my buddy. We're playing on expert (the highest we can do for now) and it's for the most part not too difficult.

We're having a lot of fun but the one thing that really bugs us is the lack of repercussions for dying. There's no punishment for failure, we just respawn. This is one of the most blatantly terrible design decisions i've seen in a modern game.

Error

So I recently got this for PS4 and have been playing with my buddy. We're playing on expert (the highest we can do for now) and it's for the most part not too difficult.

We're having a lot of fun but the one thing that really bugs us is the lack of repercussions for dying. There's no punishment for failure, we just respawn. This is one of the most blatantly terrible design decisions i've seen in a modern game.
Play hardcore mode.

But I don't want that :( It sucks that we have to choose between no punishment or permadeath. Can't we have something in between?

Yeah, there's really no penalty for dying in the softcore campaign other than loss of time and armor degradation, which isn't a long-term consequence.

This does change when you get to the end game. Each time you die in a greater rift, your revive timer gets longer, which makes it difficult to finish the grift in time to upgrade your gems.

Also, dying while doing bounties or farming regular rifts makes you a lot less efficient, which may not mean a whole lot to you now but will if you get into the end game.

Error

Is Tal Rasha set last passive worth it? Right now I have 4 pieces of the set.

6 pieces of equipment seems pretty high, well 5 if you have the RoRG.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
With 6 piece Tal's at full buff, my Mammoth Hydras tick for 300 Million and Star Pact Meteors hit for 25+Billion. I'd say yes.

Error

With 6 piece Tal's at full buff, my Mammoth Hydras tick for 300 Million and Star Pact Meteors hit for 25+Billion. I'd say yes.

Good to know, guess I'll keep gambling with Kadala.

Experimenting with Kanai's Cube, I extracted Shukrani's Triumph Spirit Walk passive. So awesome. I can clear areas so fast thanks to the movement speed. Going from WD to other classes feels so slow now lol

Really liking the addition of Kanai's Cube, the grind to get the mats is a bit time consuming for extracting passives from Legendary Gear, but so worth it.

Oddly enough I played with some randoms today and none had hacked gear, weird. Did Blizzard implement some 'sanity check' in the code? Unless most of the cheaters got bored of having 10k paragon points and one shotting everything.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Last I recall hearing about sanity checks is that they're supposed to target legendary gems (and specifically the XP bonus from the hacked Gem Of Ease), but I thought that wasn't supposed to come until the upcoming 2.4.

I think they've sneaked hotfixes in before so I wouldn't put it past them, but I'd be surprised for it to have happened now with the patch right around the corner. I'd just bet it's at a lull while everyone waits.

Error

Last I recall hearing about sanity checks is that they're supposed to target legendary gems (and specifically the XP bonus from the hacked Gem Of Ease), but I thought that wasn't supposed to come until the upcoming 2.4.

I think they've sneaked hotfixes in before so I wouldn't put it past them, but I'd be surprised for it to have happened now with the patch right around the corner. I'd just bet it's at a lull while everyone waits.
If they found a way to eliminate the hacked gear, people that are over 4k-5k paragon are screwed as they are immediately blacklisted. I don't join with peole that have paragon points that high lol

Man the grind for the mats for reforging legendaries in kanai's cube is harsh. They should decrease the amount of those horadic mats from each act from 5 to 3.

oSoLucky

I never thought this thread existed until now. I always assumed they (the D3 threads) were one and the same, and console players were getting buried by the seasonal PC players :lol

If you play it incredibly safe, it's easy to solo Hardcore for the platinum at the lowest difficulty. It just takes time as I did it the lame way with Crusader. If you're PS4, I could help tomorrow if you want and we could just 2-man it with my 70 Crusader.

If you guys figure out a time, I'd be down also(or whenever I'm around). I've put in maybe 4k hours on PC of D3 on in RoS alone, not to mention the few hundred from vanilla. I got into the console version because a bunch of IRL friends started playing. I'd like to get the Plat and doing this slow grind is nothing close to a good experience for me. Heck, most seasons I don't even do any of the campaign at all. My PSN is KC_Darkness if you're able/willing to help. Thanks!

If they found a way to eliminate the hacked gear, people that are over 4k-5k paragon are screwed as they are immediately blacklisted. I don't join with peole that have paragon points that high lol

Man the grind for the mats for reforging legendaries in kanai's cube is harsh. They should decrease the amount of those horadic mats from each act from 5 to 3.

Depending on how much time you want to put in the game, leveling a farming character is a great time investment. A WW Barb or Gen Monk or Chicken/Arachyr WD makes bounties insanely fast. Yeah it sucks that you can't do much in the way of online games, but if you're able to level another character then it might be worth it in the long run. I'd be down for speeding through a bunch with you if you want anytime, just hit me up.

Error

I don't have a problem with the grind per se, just that it's a bit time consuming. Thanks, gonna give you my psn id anyway, error2k7, there's never enough legit D3 players on ps4 :)

When is 2.4 supposed to drop? Being working on a Jade build for WD, have it almost done just need Quetzacolt (spelling?) mask and Sacred Harvester CK or Wormwood, depending on the roll might cube one and equip the other. the HT build is insane but the pieces I have of HT have shit rolls, hopefully I get some pieces of the set with decent rolls while I complete my Jade build.

oSoLucky

It's dropping next Tuesday. It's always the Tues before new season. It's been so hard to contain my hype. HT is pretty insane and they're adding even more skills in 2.4 like Zombie Dogs. Even with bad rolls,if you can get Jeram's Bracers and Grin Reaper, those plus the 6pc will have you doing insane damage instantly. It's even a good "fast" build if you run Belt of Transcendence with Fierce Loyalty(I think) and Soul Harvest - the movement speed(Soul to Waste?). Su Wong Diviner or Scrimshaw are really good also.

Make sure to check out the patch notes and keep anything around that's changing. Well, some aren't retroactive I guess. There's 53 new leg powers and 7 reworked ones coming iirc. Tall and Short Man Fingers in particular are getting big buffs.

Error

I have both tall and short man rings, good stuff about them getting buffed. After I posted in the thread game dropped HT hands piece, an ancient one at that with pretty good rolls, maybe I should post more often...

So far I'm just missing Quetzacolt (again spelling) mask, this build without that mask is not as good as it should be. Jade Doctors need that mask to make the Jade set passives really shine, I've tried Kadala and Cube gambling but so far no dice. Managed to get a good roll on a Hellfire Amulet with Spirit Vessel as the passive, so that should freed up a passive slot.

Geneijin

If you guys figure out a time, I'd be down also(or whenever I'm around). I've put in maybe 4k hours on PC of D3 on in RoS alone, not to mention the few hundred from vanilla. I got into the console version because a bunch of IRL friends started playing. I'd like to get the Plat and doing this slow grind is nothing close to a good experience for me. Heck, most seasons I don't even do any of the campaign at all. My PSN is KC_Darkness if you're able/willing to help. Thanks!
If you could convince dog$, I'd be down for it. The more, the faster it'll be. Not sure when I'll be free though. Probably the weekend.

PSN: Kopyasu

I don't have a problem with the grind per se, just that it's a bit time consuming. Thanks, gonna give you my psn id anyway, error2k7, there's never enough legit D3 players on ps4 :)

When is 2.4 supposed to drop? Being working on a Jade build for WD, have it almost done just need Quetzacolt (spelling?) mask and Sacred Harvester CK or Wormwood, depending on the roll might cube one and equip the other. the HT build is insane but the pieces I have of HT have shit rolls, hopefully I get some pieces of the set with decent rolls while I complete my Jade build.
I'd be down for bounties in the weekend if you and oSoLucky plan to do them. Never ran bounties with more than 1 other person. Be curious how fast it would be with 3 (I have a DH Unhallowed Essence set).

oSoLucky

If you could convince dog$, I'd be down for it. The more, the faster it'll be. Not sure when I'll be free though. Probably the weekend.

PSN: Kopyasu

I'd be down for bounties in the weekend if you and oSoLucky plan to do them. Never ran bounties with more than 1 other person. Be curious how fast it would be with 3 (I have a DH Unhallowed Essence set).

With 4 speed runners on PC, a 5 Act clear on T7 was usually less than 12 minutes. That's with full speed builds though.

Geneijin

With 4 speed runners on PC, a 5 Act clear on T7 was usually less than 12 minutes. That's with full speed builds though.
Nice. I'd be interested to see.

Oh, and since patch 2.4 is coming soon, I was wondering if anybody in D3(console)-GAF already made a PS4 community? Bumped D3 thread on gaming side got me thinking about the existence of one. I'd offer to create one if there isn't one. The feature is pretty new, I think?

Hi D3Gaf

I'm fairly new to the game. I bought D3 at release for PC and my core friends all had a group of 4 already so I mainly played solo and was super bored. I maybe played 4 hours.

Well, I'm giving it another try, this time on ps4. Sometime in the next couple days I shall begin the adventure. I'd like to play with people, especially if anyone is beginning!

Error

Good games error and Genejin. I can probably try to run a group friendly build next time. Might cut down on deaths a bit.

Yeah that was fun, managed to up my toughness by quite a bit by equipping a halo of arlyse ring and taking advantage of its Ice Armor passive, after we finished playing. Would've cut down a bit on those deaths from me lol.

Got plenty of Delsere pieces while playing with you guys, maybe now I can put together a Delrasha build.

Geneijin

If it doesn't exist already, I was thinking about creating a D3-GAF community on PS4. Should I?

Good games error and Genejin. I can probably try to run a group friendly build next time. Might cut down on deaths a bit.
Yeah, good games. Thanks for carrying me :lol

I totally need a group build. Maybe the Natalya set might work if I can get everything.

I'm down to play next time you all group up. I have a UE DH and both an Uliana and SC Monk.

PSN ID is m0nkeyhero.
Cool. Friend request sent.

Hi D3Gaf

I'm fairly new to the game. I bought D3 at release for PC and my core friends all had a group of 4 already so I mainly played solo and was super bored. I maybe played 4 hours.

Well, I'm giving it another try, this time on ps4. Sometime in the next couple days I shall begin the adventure. I'd like to play with people, especially if anyone is beginning!
I'd be down for trying a new class. I don't know when I'll be available though.

Yeah that was fun, managed to up my toughness by quite a bit by equipping a halo of arlyse ring and taking advantage of its Ice Armor passive, after we finished playing. Would've cut down a bit on those deaths from me lol.

Got plenty of Delsere pieces while playing with you guys, maybe now I can put together a Delrasha build.
Damn, I just missed you. Yeah, we'll see about playing again tomorrow.

Donos

Back on track for the platinum trophy on PS4. Only missing a hardcore lvl 70 character which i started with a WD. Did this already with a WD on PS3 but fucked up the save.

oh, and i'm missing around 250 bounties for the 500 bounties trophy -_-. Going to use my strongest char for it (DH, capable of GR30).

After this i'm probably never going to touch this game again but i got a ton of fun gaming hours out of this game+expansion. Bring on Diablo 4.

Back on track for the platinum trophy on PS4. Only missing a hardcore lvl 70 character which i started with a WD. Did this already with a WD on PS3 but fucked up the save.

oh, and i'm missing around 250 bounties for the 500 bounties trophy -_-. Going to use my strongest char for it (DH, capable of GR30).

After this i'm probably never going to touch this game again but i got a ton of fun gaming hours out of this game+expansion. Bring on Diablo 4.

I'm just needing the bounties, think I have about 190 to go, just I dunno, it's kind of tedious!

There was the double cache weekend where i did a lot of bounties. Thought i was close to 500 after the weekend but when i looked it up ... i was only at 220.

Ah I must have missed that, wouldn't mind by my crusader can whizz through them, but that doesn't stop the boredom, guess I should just put Spotify on and get on with it.

Donos

I'm going to set the game to normal or easy and unleash my 800k dps DH on the bounties and hope to get it in one weekend before i sleep of (happened a few times while leveling all the characters to 70)

Top Bottom