• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Limited Collector's Box Has No Game

nani17

are in a big trouble
diablo-iv-limited-collectors-box-1.jpg

For $96.66 you will not get the game. I don't understand why you don't add the game and up the price. I remember God of War Ragnork's limited edition gave you the piece of paper with the code for the game on it but these guys don't give you the game at all :messenger_grinning_smiling:

As I said it would have been better to up the price and put the game with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Little defensive of your poor, mistreated Microsoft, there.

Don't worry. I'm sure no one would blame Microsoft for a Microsoft publisher's business decision. That would be totally unfair. This is clearly Nintendo's fault.
Microsoft doesn't own or control Activision Blizzard... yet.

Kuranghi

The physical version of Diablo 3, released in 2012, had no actual files on the DVD, it was just the launcher and then you downloaded basically the whole game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SJRB

Gold Member
I fail to understand why is that a problem. One version instead of many for each platform, you can buy the game separately in any form you wish (digital or physical, standard or ultimate etc.) and pay only for the goodies.

I see an artbook, a soundtrack cd and some candles. This fucking thing has like 15 bucks worth of items tops and is selling for 100 dollars.

Would it really kill them to add the actual game to this "collector's item"?

I think Diablo 3 was the last physical PC game I ever bought. Either that or Guild Wars 2.
I think Diablo 3 was my last physical game. I remember on launch day I walked out of BestBuy with a brand new X51 Alienware PC and a copy of D3.
Yes I bought an Alienware. Sue me. Still works.

Doom85

Not sure why Diablo 4 CE struggling in the dating world needed its own thread.

Last edited:

nikos

Better to have a lower price for people who just want the items.

People are always selling games that come with collector's editions because they ended up buying it twice, or selling the collectibles and keeping the game.

It also releases after the game. I'm sure they can send a digital key beforehand, but returns for the box and/or game would end up complicated for no reason. It's easier this way.

Mowcno

I don't understand the problem. It's just a bundle of merch. I wouldn't buy it in a million years but what's wrong with selling it like this.

After all it doesn't say it's "Diablo IV collectors edition" does it? It's a box of merch.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Pretty much lays bare what these collectors editions really are - just a bunch of themed merch arbitrarily attached to a download code.
This seems more honest.

dotnotbot

I see an artbook, a soundtrack cd and some candles. This fucking thing has like 15 bucks worth of items tops and is selling for 100 dollars.

Would it really kill them to add the actual game to this "collector's item"?

Aren't collectors items grossly overpriced in general? No way they would throw in the game and still charge 100 bucks if the game itself is 70. Looking at other CEs it looks a bit lackluster but is also much cheaper. I'm surprised they didn't include some cheap small statue and charge even 2-3 times more.

Rockstar made something similar for RDR2, also at $100 (it's now probably worth a lot more on Ebay):

dfc9d962447d5bbdf1b5ca1ac1fcc1ae77325a0e.jpg

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Only advantage I see (for Activision) they can cheap out on making different deluxe edition bundles for the different platforms.
One deluxe edition for all.
But still stupid to exclude the game

diffusionx

Gold Member
As an old guy I find the way Blizzard seemingly holds their fans in total contempt and treats them like paypigs to be so off-putting. This is more of it. They used to be the most fan gamer-oriented company out there by a mile.

If you are still giving money to this company you are part of the problem.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I think every collectors edition from ActiBlizz should come with an autographed photo of Phil Spencer dressed in a pink leotard.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Do you guys not have money???

And people still saying "wow D4 looks so good!! DaY oNe!!!"

Because the game does look good, and I can’t wait to play it ?

Sorry it doesn’t pass your fun test. Keep on trucking little bro.

As for this edition it’s for morons with a lot of dough. It’s why it’s limited. Only the biggest Diablo/blizzard simps will get it.

Bungie used to do the best collectors editions. Certain expansions still do come with cool shit for Destiny 2.

Last edited:

mitch1971

Gold Member
I think every collectors edition from ActiBlizz should come with an autographed photo of Phil Spencer dressed in a pink leotard.
I've never had to buy a collectors edition to get the signed photo of Phil upto now. Although I did have to pay for the lipstick kiss on it as an extra.

Unless you have absolute shit tier internet, does it really matter? It's an online only game. You can't play it with just the disc anyway, even on consoles.

Square Enix did this too for Final Fantasy XIV.

Basically the publisher has decided instead of trying to count exactly how many of each Collector's Edition to produce for each platform, they'll just sell the contents of the CE and you can buy the game for the platform of your choice. It simplifies the CE production pipeline for the publisher.

Last edited:
Top Bottom