• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Freeman76

Played fine for 6 days, since yesterday its been pretty laggy. I hope they sort it or offer an offline option for when its bad, lag ruins a game like this

Played fine for 6 days, since yesterday its been pretty laggy. I hope they sort it or offer an offline option for when its bad, lag ruins a game like this
At least there isn't a permadeath mode where server issues could cost you 50+ hours of progress or anything.

Glad there aren't any trophies tied to something like that.

Love the clan but level 50s are just antisocials and solo lol

I'm 55 now, slowly grinding to 60 for t4 with tornado build. Finished a t10 nightmare solo yesterday, they must be a blast in full groups

Last edited:

Schmendrick

Level 60 now and I gotta say that I'm not a big fan of the neverending fetch quests of the endgame or the dungeon modifiers... It still all feels way too samey for me.
I think I'm already done with the game at this point.
I'll probably check again once the seasons start going, if those offer worthwhile content, and ofc for the extensions.

Last edited:
Túl Dura, very cool, these strongholds are proving to be some of the best content in the game, narratively, visually, map design, everything.

Just hit level 49, mopping up some side quests in the Scosglen region before finally moving on to the Dry Stepped, wonder what new delights await me there!

Bry0

Beat the capstone to get into wt4 at 61. It seems like the resistance penalty being underleveled by 10 vs 9 has a MASSIVE difference. Need to see if I can find any numbers to verify.

Freeman76

Iam on act 6 like 40% done. How's the endgame
Its really good, they have basically made it about the same level of content that D3 had at the end, possibly more. The difference being a few less difficulties to grind for. Personally I think there is more variety than D3 had as well. D3 was basically bounties or rifts, this has bounties (pretty much only different in name) nightmare dungeons, hellfire zones, not sure how much more at T4 but there is a lot to chase and accomplish. I wouldnt listen to the small minority who played it every waking moment and burned themselves out. If you enjoy the game there is weeks worth to do after the campaign, and then seasons will be out.

Zathalus

Just found someone with the $21 Necromancer Set AND the $18 Horse Armor from the shop

THESE WHALES FEEL ME WITH RAGE

images
$39 is hardly a whale. Now spending $5000+ in PoE is a whale.

ssringo

Think I'm going to have to swap to kb/m for higher stuff. Controller is comfy but trying to get a targeted attack to hit where I want is a crapshoot or takes too much effort to set it up.

Got gear to spec my Druid Trampleslide, which is simply making Trample drop (buffed up) Landslides behind it's charge. Great stuff with tons of area damage if it hits. But I don't want to Trample into the enemies, I want to Trample past them. Hard to do consistently with controller; easy peazy with mouse.

NickFire

Still in Act 1 (but in upper 30's on level) and found a boss that took me a few to beat as my rogue. I had gotten to used to having my way with enemies I was caught off guard when I had to learn / time the attack patterns. Felt damn good to beat it.

amigastar

What happens when you finish the game and still don't have uncovered some parts of the map. Are there enough possibilites to uncover the map after finishing campain?

geary

What happens when you finish the game and still don't have uncovered some parts of the map. Are there enough possibilites to uncover the map after finishing campain?
Yes, after the campaign you are free to roam into the open world wherever you want.

Last edited:
Do we talk late late game because my level 50 druid isn't as good but I still didn't finish the story tho.
Later on, I've switched to tornado/companions at lvl 48 and can now clear nightmares solo on w3 (last I did was t11) at lvl 55. Couldn't do shit with pulverize, I've got the coveted shockwave aspect but I'm waiting if I ever find the true form is always bear chest before switching back

ssringo

Later on, I've switched to tornado/companions at lvl 48 and can now clear nightmares solo on w3 (last I did was t11) at lvl 55. Couldn't do shit with pulverize, I've got the coveted shockwave aspect but I'm waiting if I ever find the true form is always bear chest before switching back
I actually found one last night (first unique). Everywhere I looked didn't recommend it for a Pulverize build. Apparently it is/was bugged when paired with Ursine Strength. Dunno if it's been fixed.

geary

What's the point of sacred common items (w/o any rarity)? Can you upgrade the rarity? Craft them in any way?

I actually found one last night (first unique). Everywhere I looked didn't recommend it for a Pulverize build. Apparently it is/was bugged when paired with Ursine Strength. Dunno if it's been fixed.
Insatiable fury? The fuck, it's best in slot for druid pulverize, lucky man!

Last edited:

GymWolf

For people on ps5, have you noticed less lag or rubber bending if you connect the ps5 via wire instead of wifi? os it is not related?

amigastar

Just watched the "Still a lot wrong with D4" video by Kripparrian
-Ouch-
He states he enjoys the game but there are like the title says still lots of issues. Watch at your own risk because it may harm your enjoyment :messenger_grinning_sweat: (or not)

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
A few questions for all of you fine people, a variety of responses and opinions is welcome;

1) Does the season pass (basically the deluxe version of the game which includes it) really enhance the enjoyment of the game? Are the cosmetics that good? It’s only one season pass and you’ll be good forever, or will they sell more down the road?

2) I’ve read in the last few pages that lag is an issue on PS5. I could also purchase on XSX if for whatever reason that games seems to be faring better.

3) I’m interested in possible couch co-op, curious if there’s opinions on this, how it runs and how the functionality is managed.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Just watched the "Still a lot wrong with D4" video by Kripparrian
-Ouch-
He states he enjoys the game but there are like the title says still lots of issues. Watch at your own risk because it may harm your enjoyment :messenger_grinning_sweat: (or not)
Resistances being broken is pretty bad imo

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Jumping in for the first time, I usually roll rogue or necro but I never played a barbarian.
Decided why not, new game/new class might as well go in like a new virgin about to pop my cherry 😄

Top Bottom