• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

GHG

Quick question on weapon stats...

I have a dagger that has a + attack speed bonus. Does that only apply when specifically using that dagger (an attack/skill that requires daggers) or is that + attack speed global? So would my bows attack speed benefit from me having that dagger equipped?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Pro tip - you can recolour your Unequipped look gear if you select a slot that does have a transmog and long-press on the dye color. That will recolor all of your slots, including the ones with the Unequipped Look. So you can colour-coordinate your bra. You know. If you want to.
5a3708ca-dddd-4eb9-88otihn.png

Woot, fashion diablo. Running first nightmare dungeons tonight. It's a lot to take in. Basically all my legendary gear is now shit and I'm losing all my custom imprints as I replace my gear. Ewwwwww

jcorb

I'm... a little underwhelmed by the game so far?

The visuals are certainly high quality, and I get what they were going for with the "gothic horror" vibe. The game truly *feels* like "Diablo".

But... everything also looks kind of forgettable. It's a bit shocking to see they reused the player models for so many enemies (I suspect that's why Druids are so overweight; for monster-variety, instead of player-fantasy), and the environments themselves just look kind of muddy and shitty. Not for a lack of quality, but the visuals just don't really *excite* me.

Gameplay feels fine. Not bad, but also not exciting.

I feel like there's a solid enough foundation here, but it's really not doing anything for me. I cleared the story and it was fine. Nothing about the game makes me want to continue playing, though. Itemization feels kind of boring.

I will say that "Lucky Hit" is the most confusing fucking thing I've ever seen, though. Much like the rest of the itemization, it seems like they designed items around "people that have fun staring at spreadsheets" than being super readable or feel notably more powerful.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I have a dagger that has a + attack speed bonus. Does that only apply when specifically using that dagger (an attack/skill that requires daggers) or is that + attack speed global? So would my bows attack speed benefit from me having that dagger equipped?
Stat bonuses on weapons you aren't using still apply. The only stat that matters when you're actually using that weapon is the base damage.

For example, if your dagger has +critical damage, that will also apply to your bow attacks too.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Stat bonuses on weapons you aren't using still apply. The only stat that matters when you're actually using that weapon is the base damage.

For example, if your dagger has +critical damage, that will also apply to your now attacks too.

Thanks, that settles it then, the dagger will remain equipped.

Luipadre

Finished the campaign today and im already hooked on the endgame stuff. Im just really excited for the future of this game. The base is incredible solid to build upon. Im kinda glad this is a GaaS title and we dont have to wait 10 years for a new diablo game again

Hoppa

Finished the campaign today and im already hooked on the endgame stuff. Im just really excited for the future of this game. The base is incredible solid to build upon. Im kinda glad this is a GaaS title and we dont have to wait 10 years for a new diablo game again
This is great to hear! I got it on launch but haven’t had a chance to play it yet, planning on having a good session over the weekend!

Mikado

So speaking of Fashion Diablo - If you store an Ensemble with weapon skins, then try and load it later but you have different weapon type, you can't load any of it. So I guess don't use weapon skins if you want to switch ensembles.

Literally unplayable.

clarky

Gold Member
Exactly this. Great base, a few kinks but a really solid state to launch the game in . I ditched Destiny about a year ago and been looking for something to grind away at. This is it.

Sleepwalker

MS are now revoking licenses and issuing refunds for everyone who bought it with the discount trick.

Sneaky buggers, wait a week and get everyone hooked first.

The digital future we all love.

it can't be that bad as the time walmart fucked up game disc purchases and sent thugs to people's homes to take them back.

Fools idol

Banned
my hardcore rogue is still alive. level 30 now. Really getting into the swing of things, first playthrough hardcore life.

I came SUPER CLOSE to dying as in a random dungeon Pudge from dota 2 just randomly spawns in and starts smashing my shit, ran out of potions so had to skip away as fast as I could to the cave start... close one.

Laieon

I'm in Act V right now and I just can't get over how much more effective this game is at making me care about my allies and the overall plot compared to Diablo 3. It's not exactly groundbreaking, but what it's doing just works.

It's not exclusive to the campaign quests either, I just finished a pretty lengthy side quest-chain with some girl named Anita that was great.

Rush2112

Banned

Might be wrong but i think there is just one attack speed (bonus) stat. No melee vs. spell vs. bows.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
my hardcore rogue is still alive. level 30 now. Really getting into the swing of things, first playthrough hardcore life.

I came SUPER CLOSE to dying as in a random dungeon Pudge from dota 2 just randomly spawns in and starts smashing my shit, ran out of potions so had to skip away as fast as I could to the cave start... close one.
You young guns are crazy with that Hardcore shit 😄

Ovech-King

Gold Member
The only problem with necromancer is when you face a boss that don't spawn minions that you can kill , then your minions all dies eventually and you can't cast new ones so you end up alone weak AF 😅

The only problem with necromancer is when you face a boss that don't spawn minions that you can kill , then your minions all dies eventually and you can't cast new ones so you end up alone weak AF 😅
I have a talent I think with bone spear that has a chance of spawning a corpse on a mob/boss

Been handy as hell when all my skellies get slaughtered

MastAndo

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm having trouble finding a rhythm when it comes to upgrading gear or when to imprint aspects and such. I have pieces of legendary gear with great aspects, mixed with lower level rare gear that I don't want to part with because it's got great bonus stats that mesh with my build. They're like 50+ item power below legendary stuff I'm finding out in the wild (though in the same tier), but even if imprint an aspect and upgrade the rare a few times, it'll still be "weak" compared to what I'm finding. It's hard to figure out if I'm selling myself short. Do I just wait it out? I tried enchanting too, but that gets expensive.

I'm a level 54 Barb playing WT3 content and not having much trouble so far by the way, though I haven't been playing nightmare dungeons just yet.

Schmendrick

Uh no? Corpse generation is easy even without ads and then there is still the option of the army of the dead to respawn everything at once.
And except for bosses with really strong aoe dots I rarely ever have to recast minions at all thanks to decrepify and permafreeze.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Not sure if this has been posted, but for those looking for mystery chests during Helltides, check out Helltides.com . The chests with the most upvotes are usually the mystery chests. Saves you some time having to search for them.

Last edited:

ssringo

Level 100 Hardcore leaderboards.

1000th person is currently level 58
Neat, can go goof around and get top 1000 for a class!

I really want to do Hardcore but not too confident in the servers atm. Plus the random hard freezes for no obvious reason.

Are clans cross difficulty? EDIT: Yes, they are for chatting and purposes of belonging.

Last edited:

Freeman76

For the first time in the series, i'm making my own build instead of using icy veins, and to be clear, i'm shit at it.

Running a sorceror and not finding many items that improve the stats i need, which suggests my build is shit 🤣

Using frost nova, meteor, fire bolt, hydra and inferno, cooldowns are my enemy.

Not really looking for advice as i need to figure it out, but wondered what type of builds you guys have gone with and what you use as your primary 'spam A' attack?

Not sure what to think about this game. I played through the campaign and into tier 3. The gear isn't very good. The level scaling ruins the feeling of progression. The world is pretty, but oddly bland. The endgame is really shallow. Just feel like they played it too safe. Interested to see where it is in a year because I know they will tune it a lot.

cormack12

Gold Member
Not sure what to think about this game. I played through the campaign and into tier 3. The gear isn't very good. The level scaling ruins the feeling of progression. The world is pretty, but oddly bland. The endgame is really shallow. Just feel like they played it too safe. Interested to see where it is in a year because I know they will tune it a lot.
A good core stat, good affixes and a few aspects completely changes how powerful you feel trust me.

See which items have the core stat you need (e.g. on Crossbows it rolls +vulnerable as a core stat so for rogues thats a core stat in the main). Then a few complimentary affixes and then finally a relevant aspect. Stacking like this quickly gets you relevant gear and good bonuses which means in a couple hours you can end up with

+40% crit
+30% debuff damage (multiple, so against vulnerable, chilled, dazed etc). Check your build sheet to see which debuffs your skills proc
+10% damage
+20% attack speed

Then you can have a few aspects for survivability like the defence bubble, elite shield and then a couple of class aspects.

Sorry if you know all this, but level 50 is just getting you to the start of refinement, which will take the most time and then endgame is pretty much searching for God rolled gear only (and mats/gems and I assume runewords at some point)

Tomeru

For example, if your dagger has +critical damage, that will also apply to your bow attacks too.
You can equip a bow and a dagger at the same time, or is that something rouge related?

cormack12

Gold Member
You can equip a bow and a dagger at the same time, or is that something rouge related?
A rogue can apply a ranged weapon but won't necessarily use it. I have a crossbow equipped, and dual wielding sword and Dagger.

My crossbow might have 1000dmg per shot, but I don't have ranged skills so I'll never use it - the 1000dmg means nothing to me. But I equip it for the stats on the crossbow (+25% dmg to vulnerable, +23% critical dmg, +12% dmg dazed, +9% dmg reduction from ranged, 2 emerald sockets and a food aspect)

Freeman76

They tried to please the D2 crowd aesthetically thats why its so bland. The endgame isnt really shallow though, its about equal to D3 at the end of all the updates which I think is a decent effort from Blizz. Definitely agree on the gear comments though, the only thing I get remotely excited about is when a sacred legendary drops and even that is often uselss.

GymWolf

So i tried a stronghold that was 2 level over mine and i got massacrated:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I kinda need to do it because it unlocks stuff for my class (it's the mission with the white symbol that every class has at a certain point during the campaign).

Also is it normal that i'm level 30 and i don't have a single legendady?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
So i tried a stronghold that was 2 level over mine and i got massacrated:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I kinda need to do it because it unlocks stuff for my class (it's the mission with the white symbol that every class has at a certain point during the campaign).

If you're on wt1 yeah. I had rares in the main and maybe three decent legendaries at the end of campaign. Last boss drops a guaranteed sacred legendary I think but within a few hours you'll prob have something better.

Am sure people will will be on later to do the stronghold with you in the clan

Chukhopops

Seems like bad luck, I got two before I unlocked my ultimate ability (so at 24). But I’m playing at level II.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Rogues can equip both a bow and dagger at the same time. You can only use one at a time, but you can utilize the +stats of both all the time as long as you have them all equipped.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Didn't progress through the campaign much? You get legendaries for beating the Act bosses.

Top Bottom