• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

So has anyone reported secrets in the game? Surprised they didnt do some hidden stuff in the maps for example. A missed opportunity if they didnt, but I guess things get added over time too. Wondered about the rainbow portal, cow level, treasure room portal etc. Maybe they have ultra low occurance, or just not in yet?

Am dearly hoping for a Whimsyshire (or similar) appearance of some kind.

Isn't the Item Power responsible for that? Here is a Requirement of 60.
item-power-breakpoint-graphic-v0-w4hxbhz4sp4b1.png
This totally makes sense. The world tiers basically lock out breakpoint 5 and 6, till T3 and T4 respectively till you gear outside beyond them.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’ve spent 4 days now in tier 4 farming for the torment helm unique for Druid. I have everything else set to go for the storm wolf build but without the unique I can’t switch.

I wish there was a sure fire way to focus on farming unique drops. Sucks having every other piece, affix, etc with god rolls just sitting there.

Sorceress is pretty meh, right? I tried all 3 elements, only fire was somewhat viable.

Been having a great time with Sorc. Using all three elements, lightning/inferno/frozen. But no idea what the hype builds or mix maxxing meta is at so am maybe not the right person to answer this, am just playing what i find fun.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I’ve spent 4 days now in tier 4 farming for the torment helm unique for Druid. I have everything else set to go for the storm wolf build but without the unique I can’t switch.

I wish there was a sure fire way to focus on farming unique drops. Sucks having every other piece, affix, etc with god rolls just sitting there.
Same, I was waiting for the uniques for pulverize but I made it work with aspects meanwhile.

Also got a nice little stupid stat on my pants that restores 25% of my ressource when hurt and using a potion so I always get a little scratch on and pop one of them for ressource. Almost unlimited hulk smash

Freeman76

Sorceress is pretty meh, right? I tried all 3 elements, only fire was somewhat viable.
Im finding it really good now, messed around with the skills a lot because i want to find my own way.

I dont like lightning at all it feels weak and poncey so my build has none of that. I use frost nova, with an affix that means when shatter key breaks it explodes everything around it. Fireball with passive that does the same. Hydra with frost nova passive means 30% chance of free frost nova. Inferno which drags targets to the center with no mana use for duration, spam fireball and burn/explode everything, its a lot of fun. The only skill im not using much is meteor in this build but im trying to find what will work as a replacement for it.

Orbital2060

Man, the Kor Dragan stronghold boss was pretty tough. Took me a ton of tries before I got it right. Solo rogue. I think they nailed the difficulty in the game, some encounters feel like the same balance of frustration and reward as in From games. While in Diablo 3 Im pretty sure I could mash the buttons through most of the lower tiers.

Fuck me, Blizzard keeps nerfing my class goddammit

If you got nerfed it’s your own fault for being so OP 😜

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If you got nerfed it’s your own fault for being OP 😜
I should stop being so good! :messenger_winking_tongue:

What sucks is that I fucking knew this class was going to be OP from the first beta. But the early access really gave it away very early. I wish I could have another week or so with my god barb.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The question that comes to mind is - Is anyone at Blizzard playtesting their own game? lol

I'm not trying to be mean, but... what are their playtesters doing? Or is it the case that they already know that it's busted but the fixes are being held up? But that can't be the case because they're live patching the game.

I should stop being so good!

What sucks is that I fucking knew this class was going to be OP from the first beta. But the early access really gave it away very early. I wish I could have another week or so with my god barb.
My current necro is god-like in T3 even with out of date equipment. But I made it myself and I’m not sharing it so it doesn’t all get nerfed all at once. You follow the group build and blab about it, then you get nerfed…loose lips sink builds.

BTW Blizzard since you’re obviously watching: That ‘Blood Golem‘ minion really needs a nerf since it’s basically invincible with no points put into it…that and I don’t need it anymore.🤪

Last edited:

Romulus

Having some trouble with druid in the middle levels. No legendary equipment is some of the issue. I played on my wife's account at the same level and I absolutely wreck. Reset she her stats to random things and still wreck. No legendaries for her either. I have purposely left 8 skill points unspent and still do better than any druid class I can muster after 10-12 different versions of druid. I mean, it works, it's just a slog. It's actually fun playing as the werewolf, but nothing really works really well until you get legendaries.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was just farming in the PVP zone, purifying my seeds, when this random sorc comes by to kill me. She ran up to me and popped her ultimate. It didn't kill me and she ran away. lolz.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ah man, bit of a bummer that your portals don't stay active if you have to quit the game / console and revisit later.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Fuck me, Blizzard keeps nerfing my class goddammit

fucking stupid..

might as well stop playing now and check in 6 months later see how diffrent it is ghaha

Last edited:

amigastar

Havent seen a single "cool" item in 20h of play. Do they even exit? Loot is pretty meh, is it getting better in higher levels?
What WT are you on? I've heard in WT3 everything gets better loot wise.
I'm level 38 and i didn't have very good drops so far, it was alright.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Havent seen a single "cool" item in 20h of play. Do they even exit? Loot is pretty meh, is it getting better in higher levels?
You can thank all the people who wanted a new D2 for that. Its a lot more grounded than D3 in that regard, not as many shiny effects. There is better loot at WT3 and above, but dont expect anything like the level of flashiness D3 had, both in terms of visuals and upgrades, it doesnt work like that.

In the long run I think the game will be better for it, once you have all the best shit there is no point playing it.

I do think Blizz struggle to hit the sweet spot. In D3 Legendaries didnt seem special since they dropped too often, in this they dont feel special because they are rarely better than the item you already have

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
You can thank all the people who wanted a new D2 for that. Its a lot more grounded than D3 in that regard, not as many shiny effects. There is better loot at WT3 and above, but dont expect anything like the level of flashiness D3 had, both in terms of visuals and upgrades, it doesnt work like that.

In the long run I think the game will be better for it, once you have all the best shit there is no point playing it.

I do think Blizz struggle to hit the sweet spot. In D3 Legendaries didnt seem special since they dropped too often, in this they dont feel special because they are rarely better than the item you already have
Imo D2 with its rune words had better items than D3, wich was all about sets. But yeah not feeling D4 loot atm.

Atrus

Gold Member
Man, the Kor Dragan stronghold boss was pretty tough. Took me a ton of tries before I got it right. Solo rogue. I think they nailed the difficulty in the game, some encounters feel like the same balance of frustration and reward as in From games. While in Diablo 3 Im pretty sure I could mash the buttons through most of the lower tiers.

Hardest boss fight for me so far as a Druid as that was the first stronghold I went for. I’m going to try again after unlocking the Spirit animals and leveling up some skills to be more synergistic since I came really close the second time.

The boss itself is fairly predictable but it’s about balancing dealing damage to him vs. keeping the other elites unconscious.

Having some trouble with druid in the middle levels. No legendary equipment is some of the issue. I played on my wife's account at the same level and I absolutely wreck. Reset she her stats to random things and still wreck. No legendaries for her either. I have purposely left 8 skill points unspent and still do better than any druid class I can muster after 10-12 different versions of druid. I mean, it works, it's just a slog. It's actually fun playing as the werewolf, but nothing really works really well until you get legendaries.
Tornado and companions work very well up to t3 mid 50s with 3 aspects from dungeons

Orbital2060

Hardest boss fight for me so far as a Druid as that was the first stronghold I went for. I’m going to try again after unlocking the Spirit animals and leveling up some skills to be more synergistic since I came really close the second time.

The boss itself is fairly predictable but it’s about balancing dealing damage to him vs. keeping the other elites unconscious.
In the end, I just focussed on the boss and ignored the adds - when he was down to < 20 % on the last phase. Because I didnt have enough healing pots to last through keeping the adds down.

Moordaine Lodge boss seemed even tougher and I left it for now.

I had 5 pots at that time. Ive unlocked one more from Scosglen renown after that, and I figure more heals are gonna make the strongholds easier. Maybe better to circle back to them after unlocking the healing drinks.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I wanted to do the statues and renown but seeing season 1 starts mid to late July, no way I'm doing this now and repeating it in a month
While your renown resets the realm wide unlocks are permanent for that realm i.e softcore realm or hardcore realm.
Man, I'm level 26, I have not found a single one of those beyond the scripted one at the start of the game.

Are they randomized in the world ?

Also, when do I get that fucking horse ..
I used this map to do the lilith statues. They aren't random and the map allows you to check them off as you go so you don't back track.

adamsapple

Do yourself a favor and stick to the main scenario until you get the horse. Then you can come back and thank me.

I'm feeling I should have done that lol. I'm around 15~ hours, most of which has been spent running around doing the side quests in Act 1 without touching any of the main missions.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
I feel like I'm on a major bad luck streak. From levels 40-46 I haven't found a single gear upgrade, no legendaries, no yellows worth upgrading at the occultist, nuthin. Feels bad man.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I feel like I'm on a major bad luck streak. From levels 40-46 I haven't found a single gear upgrade, no legendaries, no yellows worth upgrading at the occultist, nuthin. Feels bad man.
This is all of end game for me for days now at level 72.

They completely fucked up itemization. I am just waiting for one unique helm to drop to swap to a new build and without it the build doesn’t work.

In the meantime nothing has dropped to upgrade my current build at all, and I’ve just been storing items for the new build which now has itself also set.

I grind for nothing. Wtf happened Blizzard?

Orbital2060

Did Blizzard explicitly say that all renown is reset each season? Because from what I read, it sounded like they were talking about renown connected to the season pass. And not the main game renown. A source for this would be great, or a statement to clear it up. It sounds counter-productive to reset the map and everything.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Goddam this game is like crack, I can't stop playing. It's nothing earth-shattering in terms of game play refinements but what is here is so tightly created.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Picked this up last night. Rolled a sorcerer.

Haven't played since D2 back in the day other than a couple hours of the beta. Really enjoying it so far. Like the crossplay. Very happy about that.

Appreciate some of the tips in here. Like focusing on main quest until I get the mount. Will start doing that now

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
What do you people prioritize in non-legendary loot? Main stat for your character? All stats +? More damage on afflicted enemies? Raw damage or armour? Attack speed? Something else?

DeaDPo0L84

Got to WT3, level 54, looking to group up with people who are running stuff that will help me get better gear cause I am kinda lost as to what to focus on.

What do you people prioritize in non-legendary loot? Main stat for your character? All stats +? More damage on afflicted enemies? Raw damage or armour? Attack speed? Something else?

This is subjective depending on your build but generally overall ATK power increase and +increase to specific skills that are part of your build. For example, Incinerate is a central piece of my Sorc build. I have gloves that add +2 to Incinerate which means I'm overcapped at 7/5 for that skill. In order for me to switch out these gloves I would have to find something that has at least +1 to incinerate, +1 to another skill I use and significant increases to armor/other bonuses.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
In my opinion, the best offensive stats are +crit chance, +crit damage, +vulnerable damage, +main stat because they're all multiplicatively calculated in your damage.
Cooldown reduction is also very very important.
For defense, +armor, +damage reduction, +life.

GymWolf

Gold Member
This is subjective depending on your build but generally overall ATK power increase and +increase to specific skills that are part of your build. For example, Incinerate is a central piece of my Sorc build. I have gloves that add +2 to Incinerate which means I'm overcapped at 7/5 for that skill. In order for me to switch out these gloves I would have to find something that has at least +1 to incinerate, +1 to another skill I use and significant increases to armor/other bonuses.
So if the attack power is like 5% more than your current weapon but the current weapon has like
+15% attack vs slowed enemies
+20% attack vs vulnerable enemies

You would still chose the weapon with 5% more raw damage but without those bonuses?
i feel kinda lost on what prioritize because everything seems important:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
In my opinion, the best offensive stats are +crit chance, +crit damage, +vulnerable damage, +main stat because they're all multiplicatively calculated in your damage.
Cooldown reduction is also very very important.
For defense, +armor, +damage reduction, +life.
One thing i don't understand about main stats for classes, why is willpower the main stats of the druid? Isn't more damage from skills useful for every damn class? Same for crit chance etc.
Who decide that willpower is the main stat for the druid? Do i take more bonuses from willpower compared to other classes?

So like should i always chose an item with +20 willpower over one with +10 on all stats?

Last edited:
So if the attack power is like 5% more than your current weapon but the current weapon has like
+15% attack vs slowed enemies
+20% attack vs vulnerable enemies

You would still chose the weapon with 5% more raw damage but without those bonuses?
i feel kinda lost on what prioritize because everything seems important:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
No matter what the weapon with 5% bonus damage will also have other bonuses so it's not like that's all you're getting. After that you need to compare what those bonuses are and which serve *your specific build* the most. Even within the veteran Diablo community (I've played the previous 3 games extensively) there will be disagreements on what is best. The good news is that so many different builds are viable and you can enjoy slaying the hordes of hell without getting too deep into the minutiae if you don't want to.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
One thing i don't understand about main stats for classes, why is willpower the main stats of the druid? Isn't more damage from skills useful for every damn class? Same for crit chance etc.
Who decide that willpower is the main stat for the druid? Do i take more bonuses from willpower compared to other classes?

So like should i always chose an item with +20 willpower over one with +10 on all stats?

Core Stats always give the following bonuses:
  • Strength: +1 Armor per point
  • Intelligence: +0.05% All Resistance per point
  • Willpower: +0.1% Healing Received and +0.25% Overpower Damage per point
  • Dexterity: +0.01% Dodge Chance per point
There are also three more bonuses you get from Core stats, but which bonus comes from which stat changes depending on your class:
  • Barbarian
    • +0.1% Skill Damage per point of Strength
    • +0.03% Resource Generation per point of Willpower
    • +0.02% Critical Strike Chance per point of Dexterity
  • Druid
    • +0.1% Skill Damage per point of Willpower
    • +0.03% Resource Generation per point of Intelligence
    • +0.02% Critical Strike Chance per point of Dexterity
  • Rogue
    • +0.1% Skill Damage per point of Dexterity
    • +0.03% Resource Generation per point of Strength
    • +0.02% Critical Strike Chance per point of Intelligence