• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Pre-Launch Thread of lore, news and beta withdrawl

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Godspeed those of you trying the game this weekend, though I don't know that performance (re: rubberbanding around ANY social area) will be any better at launch. . .just feels like this last hurrah before release will be the most shit-showwy.

Hot5pur

Looking forward to the beta this weekend.
It will have the fixes and QoL changes and will have realistic drop rates. Also will see how bad the queues are and if performance is still bad on PC. This early access stuff is a travesty that people should not buy into, literally rewarding companies for creating zero real value for the consumer.

DavidGzz

I'm sure someone has mentioned this but what are everyone's thoughts on this actually being a "slam"? Zelda, Mother's Day, and the fact that this is the 3rd beta with the same content with even less player levels to play with makes this a dud for me in comparison to the last two. I'm going to download to test it on my new rig but if it wasn't for my new PC I'd probably just wait 2 weeks for me work to stick.

Long story short, idk how representative this will be of launch weekend when it comes to server load.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Can't wait to try the beta with my 6800xt instead of my 3070

Ran flawlessly on my rig (6800XT and a 5600X).

I'm sure someone has mentioned this but what are everyone's thoughts on this actually being a "slam"? Zelda, Mother's Day, and the fact that this is the 3rd beta with the same content with even less player levels to play with makes this a dud for me in comparison to the last two. I'm going to download to test it on my new rig but if it wasn't for my new PC I'd probably just wait 2 weeks for me work to stick.

Long story short, idk how representative this will be of launch weekend when it comes to server load.

I doubt anyone at ABK is worried about engagement for this weekend.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I'm sure they'll get a lot of people in regardless.

Another one

The post launch experience of waiting until the servers are available?

Waiting In Line GIF

amigastar

Yeah im rolling a necro. Fuck me the art of this game is TOP tier

FvySHTpaAAApXCq
Hell yeah, the in-game armor is even better than the shop gear in this case.
Edit: you have to be lvl 20 to beat Ashava in the server slam only then you get the reward.

Last edited:
Hell yeah, the in-game armor is even better than the shop gear in this case.
I bet they showed the best quality armor you can find in-game VS the worst/cheapest armor from the shop. There will be kick arse looking armor skins in the shop, otherwise why would people spend money?

Hot5pur

To be honest all these cosmetics looks samey. I'm surprised people care enough, especially when you are looking at your toon in isometric view from far away. I don't think I remembered much of anything of what any of my characters were wearing during the last beta.
If anything cosmetics are just good for making replaying the same content less meaningless.

Juras

Hydra - Mana Cost: {#} Lucky Hit Chance: {#}% Summon a 3-headed hydra for (12) 10 seconds. Each head spits fire at enemies, dealing:

30/33/ 36/ 39/ 42/ 45/48/ 51/ 54/ 57
12/13.2/14.4/15.6/16.8/18/19.2/20.4/21.6/22.8

% damage. Maximum 1 active Hydras at a time.

Seriously? 2.5 times less dmg?

cormack12

Gold Member
If I killed Ashava last time, do I have to do it again in the slam oor does it also register that with the other rewards

Hot5pur

Lot of negativity around the battle pass. Understandable, it's going to prey on people who are really going to love the game but feel they will miss out without coughing up the cash. Same with the early access tax.

On the other hand, if you have more restraint, you can basically enjoy free seasons that are financed by other people buying battle passes and cosmetics in the shop.

On the one hand it's free market economics, on the other it's using psychological tactics to prey on consumers, which I suppose you could say is basically the entire advertising industry (there is a reason they don't let pharma advertise directly on most of the world).

I will not be participating in these extraction tactics on principle (just getting base game), sends the wrong message to companies. You're not even selling me DLC at this point, but an opportunity to get DLC if I grind for tens of hours? I get money is needed to keep supporting development, but that's what the $70 is for, and all the planned expansions. This game will be wildly successful. AND you have the cosmetic shop on top of it which I don't really mind, that's basic DLC. Battle pass feels like too much on top of everything.

Need to beat ashava with your intended class or any? I'll probably play the underdog (druid) at launch. Don't remember my druid's level since I didn't play him as much as other classes

Last edited:

bigedole

Battlepass seems pretty reasonable. Purely cosmetics only in the paid battlepass. All season related power gains are available only in the free track and there's no boost or anything for getting the paid track. Everyone is on the same playing field as far as capability which is about as good as you can expect.

Other than that, seasons add a lot of fresh excitement for these types of games and I hope no one's issue is simply that seasons exist at all.

TylerD

Need to beat ashava with your intended class or any? I'll probably play the underdog (druid) at launch. Don't remember my druid's level since I didn't play him as much as other classes

It can be any and you will get the mount trophy that you can use with any class/character pretty sure.

I think I'm going Druid for launch as well. I think with the access to the specialization/class quest at level 15 things will be smoother. I only played druid and rogue open beta weekend. My rogue pretty much started with some pretty high DPS knives/daggers (mother's knife and another legendary that I found) and solid additional movement speed boots thanks to my druid's adventures and it just destroyed everything up until level 15. It felt like only an hour and change to get to that point. Felt similar to ninja gaiden almost

Sorcerer for server slam weekend will probably be what I use but I would be curious to see how much better druid pets are. My +1 additional companion and werewolves with rabies were getting decent at level 25 before the companion buffing they did.

MikeM

I’m trying to get on and its saying that my license is invalid?

Edit: NVM- 12pm PT launch.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

I'm ready for this beta.. I am debating get diablo 2 on sale just to have it but Diablo 4 will be my time sync and damn I might double dip to play on steam deck. I just love the look and feel of this game.

Hot5pur

I'm ready for this beta.. I am debating get diablo 2 on sale just to have it but Diablo 4 will be my time sync and damn I might double dip to play on steam deck. I just love the look and feel of this game.
Diablo 2 is not worth it at this point, unless you've played it before and you know you want it. The gameplay is clunky and a bit dated in the Resurrected version. Also you don't want to burn out on another isometric RPG right before release.

Beta is nice a couple of weeks beforehand to keep the hype going. Will be interesting to see how enjoyable it is with realistic drop rates and the balance changes.

Not sure how optimistic I am about the endgame, but I plan to do the first playthrough and do as much content as possible, unless the side quests start becoming too mundane. Probably make other characters as well for fun and skip the campaign with those. I do like how differently the classes play.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I really want to play some D4 but I can't justify downloading 80GB For something that's only live for 2 days :(

Just a few more weeks and the games coming out. I can hold!

nikos

Gonna give this another shot. Hope it feels better to play than the first beta. Movement and targeting felt weird.

Will be giving this a go on the Steam Deck. Anyone else doing the same or did with previous betas that know which Proton version to use?

Top Bottom