• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Pre-Launch Thread of lore, news and beta withdrawl

xVodevil

Damn.. big problems here... what do I roll this time? :D
Necro was my favorite back in D2 as a kid, definitely my first choice for my first D2 experience, but later on with Bnet ladder and throughout D3 Sorc became my most played by far!
So here I am curious about Necro tonight, already played Sorc at first beta weekend, and thinking not to ruin Necro at this point and keep it for launch just for the nostalgia... Probably Sorc still gonna be my favorite for the long run, so I guess that leaves me with Rogue for now..

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
EXP and item gains are increased in groups, so if you don't have time, group play is the best way to gear up and get to 20 fast.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Yeah im rolling a necro. Fuck me the art of this game is TOP tier

FvySHTpaAAApXCq

Man Necro probably interests me the least as a class, but I can't deny they are winning the armor design war right now. My god those are sick!

All the designs are pretty badass though these artists are en fuego. Those Barb designs are nasty too!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/diablo-iv-server-slam-known-issues/16930

All Platform Known Issues

• Player progression can be blocked in the Lost Archives Dungeon if the player attempts to interact with the mechanical boxes prior to killing both Demonic Vanguard enemies. Players should make sure to kill the Demonic Vanguard enemies first in the dungeon prior to interacting with the boxes.

• Animus Carriers that die to dungeon traps do not drop animus which will result in certain dungeons being blocked from progression. Affected dungeons include Hallowed Osuary, Dead Man’s Dredge and Anicas Claim.

• Players that change Speech Locale in the initial prologue of the game must wait for the entire package to finish downloading before they can proceed.

• While using a controller, the Sorcerer’s basic ability cannot destroy destructibles. This will only affect the player until they level up and earn their first ability.

• Ravens ability on the Druid will cause passive ravens to stop spawning if the player town portals back to town.

• Poison Creeper ability on the Druid will no longer attack after town portaling back to town.

• The damage portion of the Druid’s ‘Perfect Storm’ key stone passive does not function properly.

• Rabies ability on the Druid does not consistently trigger against larger enemies.

• Druid and Necromancer can at times look brighter than intended on the inventory screen while daylight in-game.

TylerD

First week in 22 months that I'm working on a Friday after 8AM central due to my schedule change. My PC is ready for helping to slam servers. Think I'll get queued up and see if it will stay connected until I take a lunch break in a couple of hours.

Have to do my part!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How do I change the off-hand weapon when dual wielding? Is it tied to a higher level skill ?

omegasc

They did quite the performance improvements. No stutter anymore. But I don't see DLSS available, only FSR 2? (RTX 3070 laptop)
Also... cutscenes locked to 30 now? They were very heavy before as well, going lower than that.

edit: left the game, and it's updating now

Last edited:

zomboden

Banned
Is anyone else noticing a lack of other players? Still not seeing anybody even in Kyovashad this time around. Have they super sharded everyone to keep servers from being stressed?

xVodevil

They did quite the performance improvements. No stutter anymore. But I don't see DLSS available, only FSR 2? (RTX 3070 laptop)
Also... cutscenes locked to 30 now? They were very heavy before as well, going lower than that.

edit: left the game, and it's updating now
Yeah same here, bit hilarious after promoting even on Nvidia site that this time it's coming with DLSS3 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
ok need some help from folks, first time playing D4 as I never played the last beta.

What is "berserking" and which skill enables it? dual-wield skills have things like "when berserk do x amount of more damage and gain speed"

xVodevil

that's what the patch was for. Restarted and now it has DLSS instead.
Yep solved, still couldn't help but laugh. Let's hope this is not some kind of indication of hellish launch issues :messenger_grinning_sweat:
On the other hand, yeah game seems to be running even smoother than last time, that's definitely job well done!

Yep solved, still couldn't help but laugh. Let's hope this is not some kind of indication of hellish launch issues :messenger_grinning_sweat:
On the other hand, yeah game seems to be running even smoother than last time, that's definitely job well done!
There was a small patch available for me in the afternoon, probably it

Luipadre

Gold Member
Does the game still stutters on high texture? Last beta ran great on my 3070ti but i got constant stuttering with high textures. It was fine on medium

Antwix

ok need some help from folks, first time playing D4 as I never played the last beta.

What is "berserking" and which skill enables it? dual-wield skills have things like "when berserk do x amount of more damage and gain speed"
im not sure of the specific % increases cuz i havent played barb too much but berserk in general increases movement speed and damage for a few seconds. Not sure what other skills gain it but i know for a fact Upheaval does.

Last edited:

Antwix

Does the game still stutters on high texture? Last beta ran great on my 3070ti but i got constant stuttering with high textures. It was fine on medium
I had frequent stutters on my 6700xt before but I haven't seen a single one in the hour or so I've played. However, 3 separate times I had my game "freeze" for like 20 seconds or so. The game is still running since I can hit the "C" key and hear the sound effects of opening/closing the character screen. It's not like a rubber band lag spike either. The image just freezes for a bit. It's weird.

im not sure of the specific % increases cuz i havent played barb too much but berserk in general increases movement speed and damage for a few seconds. Not sure what other skills gain it but i know for a fact Upheaval does.
i changed from 3070 to 6800xt and running this all in ultra and high textures flawlessly now in 4k. Not sure if it's all about the gpu change or they fixed it but the vram is almost all used (16gb)

Last edited:

TylerD

I instantly got in so I think I'll just keep my game up if I can until I finish work tonight (assuming it would be busier after people get out of school/work).

Got a sorc to lvl 9 over lunch and experienced the results of my GTX 960 2 GB to 1070 8GB upgrade on my ancient i5 2500K PC.

High texture settings and next to highest shadow quality setting with everything else the 1070 supports maxed and its running very well. Don't really drop under 60 FPS outside towns. Huge upgrade. This game looks super nice for what it is and the range of hardware it will run on.

Last edited:

MikeM

How do we party up with GAFers? Thread on this or is this the spot? Should be on in a few hours after kids are asleep

Hot5pur

Seems there is an ULTRA option for textures now. Doesn't really do much, but you need 32 GB lol.

Performance is much better this time around.

Also realized my monitor is lacking. Going to grab a OLED C2 42", especially for HDR stuff as most games have it now on PC.

I bet the demand to play the beta isn't as high this time around. People probably got burnt out on the last one. I'm jumping in because the wife hasn't played it yet.

Antwix

Seems there is an ULTRA option for textures now. Doesn't really do much, but you need 32 GB lol.

Also realized my monitor is lacking. Going to grab a OLED C2 42", especially for HDR stuff as most games have it now on PC.

I bet the demand to play the beta isn't as high this time around. People probably got burnt out on the last one. I'm jumping in because the wife hasn't played it yet.
Maybe I'm an idiot but I can't really tell the difference between medium and high texture quality. I haven't zoomed in and closely examined anything but during gameplay, medium looks great for me. No way I'll even attempt ultra lol. I'd rather have smoother gameplay.

zomboden

Banned
They have ruined necromancer. The minions were alright/pretty good with legendaries last beta. Now they are completely garbage baseline. No survivability. Zero damage. Constantly having to be resummoned. Simply terrible.

omegasc

Seems improved on PS5 as well, but they should dial down the sharpness a little bit. Not sure HDR is fixed but it's not over bright anymore. Seems overall more responsive in menus and loadings.

TheMan

You know, I’m just not feeling this game. Aesthetically I think they’ve done a good job but something about the movement and way hits land just feels off,

MikeM

It allocating out all vram. Its claiming the max on my 7900xt as well (20GB).
Looks great on my LG C1.
Maybe I'm an idiot but I can't really tell the difference between medium and high texture quality. I haven't zoomed in and closely examined anything but during gameplay, medium looks great for me. No way I'll even attempt ultra lol. I'd rather have smoother gameplay.
For reference, I played on my PC maxed out and my PS5. Only thing I noticed is framerate that was different.
Seems improved on PS5 as well, but they should dial down the sharpness a little bit. Not sure HDR is fixed but it's not over bright anymore. Seems overall more responsive in menus and loadings.
Looks good on mine.

Top Bottom