• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did people forget Death Stranding was already coming to PC this year?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am double dipping. Have rtx 2070 and 4k monitor but loved the game last year on PS4 slim

VFXVeteran

Banned
Look, you can mock ANY game by reducing it to its most basic keywords like that, but it is how you get to do those things (i.e.: the gameplay) and how the experience is built and delivered to the player (audio and visuals wise).

Or you could choose to follow your preconceived notions of the game and especially its director and miss out... your loss😚.

Have you noticed that every single exclusive that comes out on the PS is either the best game ever made or the best looking game ever made. But when that game comes out on another platform, it's suddenly reduced to an "average" game or too "old" to even care about?

Last edited:

SoraNoKuni

Definitely would double dip if I had a better GPU, RX 580 can handle it but the improvement if any would be abysmal

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Have you noticed that every single exclusive that comes out on the PS is either the best game ever made or the best looking game ever made. But when that game comes out on another platform, it's suddenly reduced to an "average" game or too "old" to even care about?

It is fanboyish to do so, the game is one of the best experiences I played in the last 12 months. No matter if it is multiplatform or not... being this defensive or trying to use it a a subtle way to take a dig at Sony and how PS exclusives are important to its ecosystem are both behaviours/strategies I disagree with. The game becomes a proxy for more console war.

I also did notice how the cloud of hate for No Man’s Sky started to vanish after it landed on Xbox too and was not a PS exclusive anymore :rolleyes:... crappy fanboy attitude stays crappy.

Last edited:

Roberts

I also did notice how the cloud of hate for No Man’s Sky started to vanish after it landed on Xbox too and was not a PS exclusive anymore :rolleyes:... crappy fanboy attitude stays crappy.

While there is definitely some truth to that, similar to how Hellblade become meh right after MS bought Ninja Theory, The hate for No Man's Sky started to vanish mostly because it evolved into a much better game.

Last edited by a moderator:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
New difficulty? Hell yeah sign me up.
I already know this game is not for me. I didn't even like MGSV because of all of the time wasting BS.
It’s funny you are in every Kojima thread talking about how much you hate this game that you will never play, speaking of wasting time

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
While there is definitely some truth to that, similar to how Hellblade become meh right after MS bought Ninja Theory, The hate for No Man's Sky started to vanish mostly because it evolved into a much better game.

At that point it already was IMHO... I do not expect much to change with Hellblade as the fans of the new corporate overlord will cheer the developer they mocked when it was making HS and HB and the others... the opposite.

New difficulty? Hell yeah sign me up.

It’s funny you are in every Kojima thread talking about how much you hate this game that you will never play, speaking of wasting time
Lmao what are you even talking about I have barely even talked about this game bro. I forgot it even existed until this thread popped up. And yes I never played it ( NEVER CLAIMED I DID LMAO) because it looks like shit. You stalking me? This game triggers so many fanboys like most Sony exclusives :messenger_grinning_sweat: So sorry I hurt your feelings.

If you enjoy the game more power to you, but it's really not for me. I thought is would be a cool ass linear horror game but it turned into Fed Ex man 2080

Last edited:

Roberts

At that point it already was IMHO... I do not expect much to change with Hellblade as the fans of the new corporate overlord will cheer the developer they mocked when it was making HS and HB and the others... the opposite.

It was getting there and by the time Xbox version came out in mid-2018, No Man's Sky Next update came out and that's when you could say: "Damn, this is really good now". I get it you don't like MS, but let's not pretend pitiful console warriors only play on xbox.

Back to the topic: The foliage in DS looks really good and will look even better on PC

Last edited by a moderator:

Kagey K

Banned
I think most people just forgot about it period, if not for this thread.

Half this thread isn’t even about it.

Last edited:

Dante83

Banned
I almost forgot that the game even exists. I beat it and never visited it again. It was such a drag that I wished the game ended sooner.

Moriah20

Gonna give it a go on PC. It seems like a fascinating game but I never really got hyped enough to pick it up on PS4. I do like the actual walking simulator aspect where the navigation itself is the challenge, but the narrative seems like Kojima unleashed in the worst possible way. But then again I'm one of those weirdos that still enjoy Kingdom Hearts, so who knows, maybe I'll like DS' story too.

GymWolf

Hellblade was always meh and a 7\10 game at best cmon.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I just started playing it today and I'm really enjoying it. Every moment is like WTF. So bizarre. I can see how people think the gameplay might be boring but I think it's quite enjoyable. I'm still only a few hours in so I'll see how it holds up 10-20 hours in.

The game looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see how it looks on PC. I'm playing on base PS4. The scene at the beginning I thought was real live action footage or CGI but as it got closer to the character on his bike I realised it was in game footage!

The only regret I have for not waiting on PC is how damn small the text and icons are. It's difficult to read on my TV. I guess it's not that big an issue. I got it on PS4 because I knew it'd be a story heavy game with lots of cutscenes and that's the kinda game I'd rather play sitting on the couch or in my bed and not at my desk on a shitty chair.

Top Bottom