• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digg founder Kevin Rose throws a raccoon down a stairwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
untitled-1unsf1.gif

Reminds me of Pokemon for some reason.

"Looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again!"

Balehead

It's only going to encourage Toaster to take on even bigger creatures now that he knows he's got a human to slam them if shit hits the fan.

vivftp

Fucking raccoons... I wouldn't want to tangle with one if it could be helped.

I recall one of my high school teachers who had multiple rottweilers and trained them to be rescue dogs and whatnot commented a couple of times that he felt a raccoon could likely take down any of his dogs.

If it came down to it and I had to fight one, I'd likely kick the ever living crap out of it as I wouldn't want to risk touching it with my hands for fear of rabies. I'd much rather run away anyways.

Valnen

holy fuck @ the conundrum SUPER Animal Rights activists now face! hahah

edit;

And in all fairness, that raccoon is going to come back with friends. THey are fucking mean, and smart as hell. They are also very strong, and durable. I know its going to be split into the two camps, pro-raccoon and indifferent-raccoon, but I hope people only speak that have had confrontations with these beasts. I ran into one in santa monica, was out at night biking. I turn a corner and run into a pack of them. So, being on my bike, I haunch the bike on its back wheel, to make like a barrier and start rolling it towards the raccoons. The fucking leader, STANDS UP. The rest follow, and they don't budge. They were about thigh high. Fuckers made me back down.

He better keep a look out, all im saying. He/She is going to be heated as hell that they got tossed down some stairs. That dog should not be outside for the next, lifetime, alone.
Damn, if I ever have a Raccoon problem I'm investing in a shotgun.

MechaX

Dude need to get a tougher dog.

Raccoons can fucking fight when they get angered/threatened. In some of my first jobs, management explicitly told us that when a raccoon is staring you down when you're taking trash out, just throw it in and leave without trying to fuck with it. And this goes especially when it has its young with it.

Hell, I probably would have done the same thing as Rose (although, his thought process was less "I'm going to throw this raccoon down a flight of stairs for the lulz" and more "HOLY SHIT RACCOON GET OUT OF HERE")

Symphonic

Anyone who thinks that throwing the raccoon was unnecessary is ridiculous. Do you honestly think the raccoon is going to let him fucking put him down gently after he yanked him from his dog? He HAD to get rid of it as soon as possible, otherwise it would just turn its head and bite him. It's like holding a burning hot pan that is magnetized to your body.

zulfate

its the raccoon's fault really, i literally saw the raccoon look into kevin eyes and say "throw me bitch, i dare ya"

WorldStar

Banned
Raccoons can fucking fight when they get angered/threatened.
so can dogs
In some of my first jobs, management explicitly told us that when a raccoon is staring you down when you're taking trash out, just throw it in and leave without trying to fuck with it. And this goes especially when it has its young with it.

lol, okay some of you are giving way too much credit to raccoons. We used to get raccoon on our property on a weekly basis. Often in groups of 3 or more. Me simply running at them, yelling at them, or stomping my feet at them managed to get them running away 99% of the time.

only reason I'd be scared of a raccoon is if it was rabid. but you should be scared of anything that is rabid, even a tiny ass squirrel.

jediyoshi

I do not encourage animal violence, so I uploaded a video of me throwing a raccoon down a stairwell for all to see.

Jackass.

Context is a hell of a drug. If standing by watching your dog get attacked by a raccoon is the less ass of options in this situation, you should feel bad about yourself because you're a bad person with bad ideals.

commedieu

Banned
so, I was looking for videos of raccoons... and I found someone that recorded a dog and a raccoon fighting on their property? At night. THey are cheering the dog on, then concerned, theres a child in the house (They are inside the house looking outside). This is the weirdest social dynamic i've ever come across in my life. nsfw at all its a dog fighting a raccoon.. edit; you can google it.

Valnen

so, I was looking for videos of raccoons... and I found someone that recorded a dog and a raccoon fighting on their property? At night. THey are cheering the dog on, then concerned, theres a child in the house (They are inside the house looking outside). This is the weirdest social dynamic i've ever come across in my life. nsfw at all its a dog fighting a raccoon.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4snMvw7046o should I just delete this, I dunno?

I was watching this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kbef0IEv0I

The Raccoon seems to be a pet in this one though since it doesn't really bite the dude even though he keeps fucking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom