• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

What is the deal with English being the only option on Netflix for the anime series?! I decided I'm going to rewatch Tamers but wish I could try it out in Japanese.

The Japanese versions were taken down last Fall, which is a shame. I think the only way to legally watch it now is pay-per-episode on US PSN (which I wouldn't recommend, since they are of bad video quality and have the old Toei subs.)

The Tamers dub isn't bad though, and sticks pretty close to the original.

Wazzy

Banned
I've got the list of 30 medals for all of Nakano and Shinjuku completed. Obviously the trick of selling all you have and counting till you have 30 new medals works best but if anyone needs to know the name of the last medal they need knowing the list of 30 might help.

Also I really hope to finish this soon because medal hunting is boring,

ExiledMarkzmen

Neo Member
Does the the rank of the digimon in the farms matter when investigating? (Mega/Ultimate/Rookie) Trying to find blk agumon and veedramon property quests. Two more trophies till my platinum ; ;

RexNovis

Banned
It's only for eaters. That move would be absolutely broken in multiplayer if you had access to it.

dK9WoFU.gif

Bah! Indeed. Was too good to be true.

Bishop89

got the 30 online win trophy last night.

Never again am I touching online with this game.

Super cheap.
Even I was guilty of this, felt so bad going up against Human players who had rookies champions against my Megas :(
Felt REALLY REALLY bad.

Had to use shitty moves to make them feel like it was at least a bit competitive.

Hey guys did I just run into a glitch? I accepted the quest called Red Fists and Hot Sweat,I defeated one Gaomon however then I exited the portal and went to check on my farm.

I then went back into the portal, defeated the other 4 Gaomon however upon defeating the fifth I noticed the case was not completed,I checked my profile and sure enough it still says convince Gaomon 5.

All my saves are like this as each one is after defeating the first Gaomon, then going back to my farm, man this is game breaking.

No way to reset case? Anyway to fix this? If I have to restart the game then I'm finished I have grinded so damn much, this is pretty bad if I cant progress.

Hey guys did I just run into a glitch? I accepted the quest called Red Fists and Hot Sweat,I defeated one Gaomon however then I exited the portal and went to check on my farm.

I then went back into the portal, defeated the other 4 Gaomon however upon defeating the fifth I noticed the case was not completed,I checked my profile and sure enough it still says convince Gaomon 5.

All my saves are like this as each one is after defeating the first Gaomon, then going back to my farm, man this is game breaking.

Did you make sure you got all the Gaomon and talked to the original Gaomon?

Drop

No way to reset case? Anyway to fix this? If I have to restart the game then I'm finished I have grinded so damn much, this is pretty bad if I cant progress.
There are 6 gaomon if you count the first one.

duckroll

The Gaomon are not all on the same floors either. There's one you can only get to by going to a specific part of the second floor and then going back up to another part of the first floor. You're supposed to convince 5 of the first Gaomon's friends, after you beat the first one. So 6 in total.

Did you make sure you got all the Gaomon and talked to the original Gaomon?

I'm dumb.

The Gaomon are not all on the same floors either. There's one you can only get to by going to a specific part of the second floor and then going back up to another part of the first floor. You're supposed to convince 5 of the first Gaomon's friends, after you beat the first one. So 6 in total.

There are 6 gaomon if you count the first one.

Yeah I'm dumb, wow I don't know how I missed the platform right next to the entrance.....yep I'm dumb.

Thanks guys.

Drop

Keep on searching for those hackers to get an awesome reward. ;)

If it's something that appears only late game could you expand on it? Because I'm not aware of it.

As far as I know the hacker hunting are repeatable side quests that you find randomly with the research function of the digifarm, they give irrelevant rewards items and are there along with the item research quests only to provide an infinite source of quests.

If we're talking about the same thing and you're making a joke, make it clear, because someone is looking for legitimate advice and misleading them causing them to waste time is not fun.

Edit: I just noticed it was an answer to yourself, now I'm just confused.

The
Yuuko Eater
stomped me hard on my first try on hard mode. Everything was fine until it hit half health and it started using its signature move every few turns, putting my entire party to sleep. The right equipment made the fight pretty easy though.

What's the fastest way to raise ABI?

Like, do you get a ton more from going down from ultimate or should I just go up to rookie then back again until I hit the 80 I need for Beelzemon?

Also, this trophy for getting 10 Digimon to max ABI... is that supposed to come naturally? All my megas are around 30-50 because I went straight to mega and just left them there. Seems like something I'll have to grind for the sake of it.

Wazzy

Banned
What's the fastest way to raise ABI?

Like, do you get a ton more from going down from ultimate or should I just go up to rookie then back again until I hit the 80 I need for Beelzemon?

Also, this trophy for getting 10 Digimon to max ABI... is that supposed to come naturally? All my megas are around 30-50 because I went straight to mega and just left them there. Seems like something I'll have to grind for the sake of it.
Maxing your Digimon before Digivolving or Dedigivolving will raise ABI faster.

Getting Beezlemon BM is an absolute chore!
I started with an infermon line (stupidly) and hitting the Health requirement was impossible for Beelezemon, so i dedigivolved trhough the devimon line until i could get a meramon>SkullMeramon>Beelzemon
and then i saw the requirements for BM! thank god all the digivolving and dedigivolving had got me an ABI of 100
think i spent the best part of 6 hours leveling and digivolving as well as farming to get the requirements right
Worst part was getting CAM for Beelzemon, his skill is terrible for use in battle (loose 5% health each turn and raise attack) since it applies to all in use digimon, in the end i just put him in the farm and threw meat at him

Still he's awesome, especially riding around on his bike

Mastemon was almost as bad, but not quite
My LadyDevimon i'd had from very early in the game was the wrong personality and just was never going to hit that 250int required for her mega Lilithmon, so i re-purposed her for Mastemon and got a Brainy LadyDeivmon on the go.
Mastemon is awesome though, carrying over the healing of Angewoman line, plus she looks a million times less odd than my Orphanimon (whats with the dog busts on the helmet and the weird pauldrons?) and her special taking 25% of health off an enemy is great for an opening attack on a boss (almost game breakingly good)

So far my team on Chapter 16 consists of WarGreymon, Beelzemon BM, Mastemon, Serephmon
In the farm i've got BlackWarGreymon, BlackWeregarurumon, WereGarurumon
Can't decide if i should get another Wargreymon to make Omnimon, or sacrifice the Wargreymon i have, his def peircing attack is too awesome and can make boss fights too easy, but then its saved my bacon a few times too

Just started the grind for the last 22 medals i need. Oh boy this is going to suck x.x Is there any way to speed up case searches in the farm or get specific ones? Also, are there any items that help with the medal drop rate?

Just started the grind for the last 22 medals i need. Oh boy this is going to suck x.x Is there any way to speed up case searches in the farm or get specific ones? Also, are there any items that help with the medal drop rate?
To speed up the search you need for the Digimon on the farm to have Searcher as their personality (20 minutes is the fastest with 10 digimon). To get specific ones just be sure to have as many green cases done and when 1 minute is left for the Digimon to finish their search save your game, didn't get the one you needed? Quit game and load the game until you get one you're looking for(I have 3 farms so I get all 8 new green cases). As for item that helps with the drop rate there is one called Large Capacity USB that "Increases foe drop rate for Items" but I don't know if that includes medals (I always had it equipped just in case). I'm just missing 2 medals now so I know it's not easy, good luck. Just remembered, don't use farm goods, for some reason when I used the ones that are for helping searches I would always get the same cases with little variation.

Any tips for the 30 online battles trophy? I just got PS+ so once I finish with the medals I'll try this one.

To speed up the search you need for the Digimon on the farm to have Searcher as their personality (20 minutes is the fastest with 10 digimon). To get specific ones just be sure to have as many green cases done and when 1 minute is left for the Digimon to finish their search save your game, didn't get the one you needed? Quit game and load the game until you get one you're looking for(I have 3 farms so I get all 8 new green cases). As for item that helps with the drop rate there is one called Large Capacity USB that "Increases foe drop rate for Items" but I don't know if that includes medals (I always had it equipped just in case). I'm just missing 2 medals now so I know it's not easy, good luck. Just remembered, don't use farm goods, for some reason when I used the ones that are for helping searches I would always get the same cases with little variation.

Any tips for the 30 online battles trophy? I just got PS+ so once I finish with the medals I'll try this one.

There are bots online that count for the trophy. I did all my 30 battles without fighting a single person unless they had like rookie/champion digimon. They all get one shot in that case. Some bots are pretty annoying, but still beatable.

Cheebo

Banned
How is the post-game battling in this? In Pokemon I love team building but I usually stick to the Battle Frontier/Tower/etc for using my trained maxed out teams as I can never compete with the craziness of the competitive scene.

Does Digimon have a Battle Frontier sort of place to reward offling post-game team building for battling?

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh. 57 medals left to hunt which means finding them from drops and investigations. I wouldn't mind if you could accept more than one quest at a time but alas you can only do the one.
How is the post-game battling in this? In Pokemon I love team building but I usually stick to the Battle Frontier/Tower/etc for using my trained maxed out teams as I can never compete with the craziness of the competitive scene.

Does Digimon have a Battle Frontier sort of place to reward offling post-game team building for battling?
You can do offline colosseum and beat all cups. After that, your option is online play but avoiding actual players and just skipping until you fight bot teams.

It's not as good as Pokemons but it's something.

For the case investigations Blk Agumon, Veedramon and Metal Greymon don't exist I swear.
I grinded cases for 44 medals and Agumon (blk) only came up twice, it's really random. My advice would be to watch a movie or hear a podcast and just quit and load the game on the background until you get them, don't just play the game because it will get tiresome fast.

Got the Quiz Master trophy. I am relieved.

Still on chapter 15
Gonna talk to Mirei now to go after UlforceVeedramon

Also finally got Lilithmon that you guys talk so much. I am gonna see if she is that powerful.

Thanks for this. I set up 5 farms with nothing but searchers and every time they find new cases i get 3/4 i need. Down to 9 medals! Then i just have to look for the last 2 farm upgrades and the plat is mine :)

I'm sure this has been talked into the ground, but I'm not going to skim all 141 pages...

The game looks stellar. Like, I'm looking at it and thinkin this is some traditional ass JRPG stuff and that's exactly what I'm looking for... but the attack animations and effects I saw in the gameplay footage just look like different colored "energy" circles, or just a little whip kick, or something. Does it ever get any more interesting?

I'm in regardless. Just curious if the "action" (for lack of a better word?) ever looks as cool as the aesthetic choices.

Top Bottom