• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Mengetsu

I just finished the game but my quiz questions are bugged. Is there a way to go about this? Can I do ng+ to get this and how soon in the chapters can I just sit and wait for questions to pop?

lazyguy

Fuck just lost about an hour or two of progress because I forgot to save. Gotta do chapter 15 from the start again. I really hate it when that happens.

It seems like an obvious error on the guide's part, dealing damage based on your defense makes no sense.

In any case it's pretty easy to test, I'll look into it once I'm home, even though I don't think it's necessary.

Edit: if you keep reading it gets more and more obvious.

With INT being both special offense and defense, it's not out of the question. It might be some weird attempt at balancing.

That or the guide writer done goofed.

I'll set up a test case myself when I get home tonight if you don't beat me to it.

EDIT: This is interesting Reddit post about move description translations

EDIT2: Turns out the above post is by the guide writer...

After 105 hours, i finally got my platinum. I got really lucky with my last 2 medals ^.^ Think i'm done with this game for now, i want to come back though and completely fill in the field guide.

This is for sure one of my favourite Vita games, can't remember getting this hooked on a game in a long long time.

NEO0MJ

Seems like I made a mistake stacking my Mastemon with mostly offensive skills as Lucemon seems to do that job much better.

Fuck just lost about an hour or two of progress because I forgot to save. Gotta do chapter 15 from the start again. I really hate it when that happens.

This happened to me yesterday. I turned on my PSV from sleep mode and accidentally swiped the screen, though I only lost 15 minutes of progress. The problem was that I lost the chrome Digizoid I was grinding for. Luckily I got it again immediately.

RexNovis

Banned
3 hours save restarting trying to get this damn Black Augumon Medal -_-

I have three separate farms running investigations simultaneously. 1 with all ultimate searchers and no sleuths. 1 with all Mega searchers and 5 sleuths and one with rookies with 2 sleuths. Why the hell is this thing so long?!?

Ok so heres how I got Safety Guard on my Mastamon: Angewoman to Ophanimon. Ophanimon devolve into Piximon. Piximon evolve into Hououmon. Hououmon to lvl 80 for Safety Guard. Devolve back to Piximon. Piximn back to Ophanimon. Ophanimon back to Angewoman. THen DNA Digivolve.

I also got Speed Charge (honestly cant recall where I picked this up), Panic Wisp (from Monzaemon), Holy Light III and Final-Aura. Basically never a wasted turn.

Funnily enough I am WAY more fond of my MarineAngemon atm. He straight up trivialized Lucemon and Leviamon. He also has both Safety guard and status shield along with a fairly powerful set of water attacks thanks to his remarkably high base int and speed values. His special ability is a massive group heal that also gets rid of all status effects. He can also learn dispell which rids any party member of all debuffs and he gives the party passive SP regen. He is just sooooooooooooo good. Him + Sukayamon's enemy buff dispells just makes so many boss fights easy. Im straight up rolling through the great challenges with 0 issues whatsoever on hard thanks to these two.

Behold the face of a true monster
Wow, thanks. I'll try MarineAngemon as well.

3 hours save restarting trying to get this damn Black Augumon Medal -_-

I have three separate farms running investigations simultaneously. 1 with all ultimate searchers and no sleuths. 1 with all Mega searchers and 5 sleuths and one with rookies with 2 sleuths. Why the hell is this thing so long?!?

Black Agumon was the very first case I found at the very beginning of the game.

>_>

evilalien

With INT being both special offense and defense, it's not out of the question. It might be some weird attempt at balancing.

That or the guide writer done goofed.

I'll set up a test case myself when I get home tonight if you don't beat me to it.

EDIT: This is interesting Reddit post about move description translations

EDIT2: Turns out the above post is by the guide writer...

The guide and that post are wrong. Physical piercing attacks use attack. Please do test it yourself.

Drop

Will do.

Do piercing attacks have damage ranges? I sure hope not, I don't remember too much about statistical analysis.

I don't really know and I'm about to test this, I'll just take more than one measure to try and account for that.
In any case it won't really matter since I'm not calculating how much the stats impact the damage, I'm just trying to identify which stat impact the damage, which is going to be evident regardless of that with a big enough stat bump.

evilalien

Will do.

Do piercing attacks have damage ranges? I sure hope not, I don't remember too much about statistical analysis.

Yes, they do have a small variance of about 5%. Using a WarGreymon for example against a neutral enemy will allow you to throw on two A level stat boosters which should make it obvious even with the variance though.

Yes, they do have a small variance of about 5%. Using a WarGreymon for example against a neutral enemy will allow you to throw on two A level stat boosters which should make it obvious even with the variance though.

Yeah, that should be enough to tell.

I don't really know and I'm about to test this, I'll just take more than one measure to try and account for that.
In any case it won't really matter since I'm not calculating how much the stats impact the damage, I'm just trying to identify which stat impact the damage, which is going to be evident regardless of that with a big enough stat bump.

I'm looking forward to your results.

I am on chapter 19. I will try to finish the story by tomorrow and begin to work on the platinum. From what I have read, the cups and the DLC quests are hard fights even on normal. I will start to work on Digimon to take on these fights.

I am planning to go with UlforceVeedramom, Lilithmon and Jesmon, from what I have seen here these seems to be very good Digimons for battle.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Preeeetty sure Belphemon RM uses DEF for how much it hits with Gift of Darkness. It literally says "Triple the DEF Stat".

Lilitihmon is the same, but with INT instead of DEF.

evilalien

Preeeetty sure Belphemon RM uses DEF for how much it hits with Gift of Darkness. It literally says "Triple the DEF Stat".

Lilitihmon is the same, but with INT instead of DEF.

No, that attack says "DEF-penetrating attack, triple Dark damage to one foe" in the NA version which makes perfect sense. That one guide seems to think it uses the DEF stat which isn't true at all though.

Anyways my own results just now since I didn't bother to take notes the last time I did this:

Belphemon RM - 311 ATK, 227 DEF
All testing done against Pabumon in Kowloon lvl 1.

No stat boosts:

20% ATK boost:

20% DEF boost:

Drop

After giving the tests even more time than it really needed I can safely say attack determines the damage of physical piercing attacks, just like any other physical attack.

I tested this with my Wargreymon, using brave tornado against the blackgatomon in digital space 1.
The attack deals them double damage because they're virus but the bigger the damage we work with the more noticeable the results are, I also had Blackwargreymon in the party which boosts attack by 15%.
All combos and critical were ignored.

My Wargreymon stats are 236 attack and 203 defense, I tested first without equipment,
then with 2 DEF attach C for +30 DEF and after that I tested the same attack boosts.

In the end I checked for better equipment and some was on sale so I tested again with 2 DEF attach B for +40 in DEF and using a DEF boost that adds 20% DEF during battle, then I swapped the equipment and the boost for the same amount of additional attack.

Without equipment and with defense boosts the damage was always around 1230-1250.
With the first attack boosts I got values around 1350-1450.
In the last case pumping attack to the max I only got one value cause I was already convinced and one of the Gatomon in the last encounter got hit by a combo, the other one received ~1700 damage.

So yeah, the result is pretty clear.

283063_o.gif

Results are in:

My test subject: Lvl 1 Kuwagamon(reset after each battle to keep it lvl 1)

ATK: 90
DEF: 55

Targets: The neutral attribute guys in Digital Space 2

Damage without stat boosts: 88-87-89

This is already very telling given the large difference in Kuwagamon's stats.

Damage with +20% ATK: 111-108-113

The damage increases with attack boosts.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what all the guide writers were smoking.

Went at Leviamon again with UlforceVeedramon, WarGreymon, and MarineAngemon. Took on Lilithmon and Barbamon too.

Lilithmon was probably the closest to being a real threat, and even then it wasn't that much of a contest.

Uthred

Just got done in the Legendary Tournament, weirdly low amount of XP as well, think I only got around 2.5K from Titamon (only one I managed to beat)

Beat all the Demon Lords, all 7 Great Challenges, and all but what I think is the final offline tournament.

My only question before I move on to chapter 20 is, should I just go ahead and turn my WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon into Omnimon? I already got Omnimon Zwarte and Great Tornado is too good to give up, but getting Omnimon now just feels right.

Funnily enough I am WAY more fond of my MarineAngemon atm. He straight up trivialized Lucemon and Leviamon. He also has both Safety guard and status shield along with a fairly powerful set of water attacks thanks to his remarkably high base int and speed values. His special ability is a massive group heal that also gets rid of all status effects. He can also learn dispell which rids any party member of all debuffs and he gives the party passive SP regen. He is just sooooooooooooo good. Him + Sukayamon's enemy buff dispells just makes so many boss fights easy. Im straight up rolling through the great challenges with 0 issues whatsoever on hard thanks to these two.

Behold the face of a true monster

Yeah, another MarineAngemon user!

My normal (pre-great knights) party had Lillithmon, MarineAngemon and Sakuyamon. This team steamrolled EVERYTHING on Hard, it's ridiculous. Sakuyamon is another good member because of her passive INT increase benefits the whole team, and her special attack cancels out stat-boosts that made a number of bosses trivial. Good back-up healer too. I also like it that this party is well-balanced (virus, data and vaccine).

Though once I got Mastemon I switched out MarineAngemon for her light/dark magic damage increase passive and her special attack. She's a good healer as well.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Did miss something? I did all the Seven Deadly Digimon thing and on the last one there's kind of a tease that it isn't over but then nothing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ooooooh.

I was not waiting for that.

And now for the 30 Online Bat...

*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*

Ooooooh.

I was not waiting for that.

And now for the 30 Online Bat...

*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*
*CONNECTION ERROR*

One of the reasons why I was demoralized trying to do this. And only achieved three fights.

RexNovis

Banned
Went at Leviamon again with UlforceVeedramon, WarGreymon, and MarineAngemon. Took on Lilithmon and Barbamon too.

Lilithmon was probably the closest to being a real threat, and even then it wasn't that much of a contest.

Told ya. MarineAngemon is fucking awesome.

Beat all the Demon Lords, all 7 Great Challenges, and all but what I think is the final offline tournament.

My only question before I move on to chapter 20 is, should I just go ahead and turn my WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon into Omnimon? I already got Omnimon Zwarte and Great Tornado is too good to give up, but getting Omnimon now just feels right.
*edit* nvm.
Just saw you're not in chapter 20 yet.

Wazzy

Banned
Do I have to complete every quest I get in order to allow new ones or is there a faster way to get rid of duplicate medal quests?

RexNovis

Banned
Day 2 and after 6 hours of resetting I still have not gotten the Black Agumon medal request.... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me! this is seriously pissing me off

Edit: in the same time I have gotten Gabumon Black's request at least 7 times -_- grrrrrrrr

Stuart444

Day 2 and after 6 hours of resetting I still have not gotten the Black Agumon medal request.... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me! this is seriously pissing me off

Edit: in the same time I have gotten Gabumon Black's request at least 7 times -_- grrrrrrrr

I haven't tried this but what about getting a whole bunch of BlackAgumon, 10 of them, make them all searchers and continue to look for the quest?

Seems like a fool proof plan >.>

Top Bottom