• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

I really hope this sold enough WW to greenlight a sequel. It's a fantastic game.

Afaik it was sold out at launch in most places (western launch that is), so it should've at least shown them that there is definitely a demand for these games (and not just a cheaply made mobile phone game or whatever). And yeah, I agree! It is a fantastic game and the franchise deserves more quality games like this.

Justified

Has Bamco said anything about the numbers or how well this game has done?

Last video I saw is the "Thank you" one about a month after release

Will do, thanks.
Good thing it can be changed on the fly.
Yeah its a god send, i was playing through on hard but there are certain bosses that are just ridiculous and almost impossible on hard.

I did feel bad at first but after you go through a few bosses while pulling your hair out you stop caring real quickly :)

Quoting myself from the JP thread:

Question to all: How similar is this game to Pokemon?

Does it have the same "Gotta catch em all" fever?

Also, I hear good stuff about the Storyline. Is it really good?

Since Persona\Danganronpa I've been missing a good narrative on the VITA.

Quoting myself from the JP thread:

Also, I hear good stuff about the Storyline. Is it really good?

Since PersonaDanganronpa I've been missing a good narrative on the VITA.
People tend to compare this game to Shin Megami Tensei but I wouldn't know because I never played one. The only thing I'd say it got similar to Pokemon is the monster capturing and that the Digimon have a limit to how many moves they can learn. As for the story I loved it! It felt like I was watching a Digimon anime and I really liked how you get to see characters changing throughout the story, especially Nokia which could've been the actual main character of the game.

I honestly recommend the game, it's really good and the only negative I got is that the dificulty isn't balanced well so the game is too easy even on hard.

Ok, how dO I check if my Digimon are Rookie?

Need to use Hack lvl 2 but I have to have 4 Rookie digimon with me!

On the stats screen it says it under the type, for example this Ultimate Digimon:
CaTtauMWIAAI8jh.jpg:large

Unknown?

Just beat this game and wow, it gets so good at the end! Super underrated, this should be more popular! I give it an 8.5/10 even if the beginning was pretty slow. Starting new game + now.

Took me way too long to beat, just recently started doubling down on it.

10 hours in and I just got my third farm and 5/20 quiz questions. Does anyone have any advice on getting the quiz trophy or how to avoid getting the reply glitch again? This is the last trophy I need to get the platinum.

Edit: Got my Platinum trophy, it took 21 hours and 18 minutes. Although it was torture getting this trophy thanks to the reply bug it has given me motivation to play the game again, I hope that by Tokyo Game Show Cyber Sleuth 2 gets anounced. Also, why hasn't the new Digimon World been localized yet? :(

LttP but I think I want to pick this up. I think I'd prefer it on Vita, but can anyone tell me if it runs at native res? Vita games that run at a lower res and look all blurry are a huge pet peeve for me. Bamco games don't normally do this, but I wanted to get confirmation before I buy.

LttP but I think I want to pick this up. I think I'd prefer it on Vita, but can anyone tell me if it runs at native res? Vita games that run at a lower res and look all blurry are a huge pet peeve for me. Bamco games don't normally do this, but I wanted to get confirmation before I buy.
Yes. It's just as crisp as the screenshots show.

BigEmil

So I have this game on ps4 but I'm planning to buy it on Vita. My question is,

Will cross-save from ps4 to Asian copy version work?
Also the dlc day 1 bonus content on my PS4 version, will it move from their to the Vita?
Thanks

So I have this game on ps4 but I'm planning to buy it on Vita. My question is,

Will cross-save from ps4 to Asian copy version work?
Also the dlc day 1 bonus content on my PS4 version, will it move from their to the Vita?
Thanks
No, DLC won't move. If you try to cross save with a file that has used the DLC it won't let you, also.
Can't transfer the save with data that doesn't exist on one platform.

I'm on my second playthrough of the game and this time I'm aiming to get all of the trophies. First time around, I played with the voices off but this time I'm keeping them on. I wanted to ask, what's being said in battles? The female main character is clearly saying things during battle and it kinda took me by surprise. It seems that some Digimon also say things when they attack too instead of just grunting. Has anyone ever translated these battle quotes?

The other thing is medals. It looks like BlackAgumon and Virus MetalGreymon are both particularly hard to get. Looking around, it seems that there are some strategies you can utilize to get both of these medals much easier. For BlackAgumon, some advice I've seen is to wait until Kawloon Lv 3 is unlocked. From there, fill your farm(s) with ultimate level Digimon with no farm goods placed and this will give you the best shot to get the BlackAgumon mission. For Virus MetalGreymon, the advice seems to be that you should wait until the beginning of chapter 16 and this time fill your farm(s) with champion Digimon for the best chance of getting the mission. Does this sound right? And on that note, are there any other medals that are particularly difficult to get?

With Next Order releasing here next year, I need to work on finishing Cyber Sleuth. I think I'm on Chapter 13 right now. I got a bit tired of it because I was going through the game with 2 PlatinumSukamon and I decided to evolve one into PlatinumNumemon. The amount of exp I was getting decreased a ton and I got sick of grinding. I'm going to get another one instead of waiting until my Etemon gets high enough to evolve. My team was kind of a mishmash of everything, but I think it was:

Imperialdramon (only Digimon I intentionally went after)
Angewomon
Ladydevimon (coincedence. Wasn't going after who you can DNA them into)
Rapidmon
Etemon
PlatinumSukamon
Risegreymon
Megaseadramon

ffvorax

I'm enjoying a lot this game and I jsut saw digimon anime a couple of times, so I was not a fan of the brand...

I just don't get the AGI parameter... how do I improve it?

Chapter 10 (or 11 maybe) here, now stuck 'cause I'm grinding a lot to improve my digimon for the next battles that looks very tough...

I'm enjoying a lot this game and I jsut saw digimon anime a couple of times, so I was not a fan of the brand...

I just don't get the AGI parameter... how do I improve it?

Chapter 10 (or 11 maybe) here, now stuck 'cause I'm grinding a lot to improve my digimon for the next battles that looks very tough...

Do you mean "ABI"?

If so it's improved by dedigivolving your digimon. The increase is bigger if the Digimon is at a higher evolution level IIRC.

Cross-posting from the Japanese version thread(accidentally posted there):

I stopped after
I couldn't beat Lucemon(either form) even on normal mode
. :(

The game as a whole is great, though. It's pretty superficial during the first couple of chapters, but like others have said, it really picks up after chapter 10 or so. Some of the side missions are pretty nice, with one being very creepy(to me).

Lynx_7

I'm already having a pretty good time with this game and I'm still like at chapter 4. Can't wait till I get to the better parts if there's really some kind of jump in quality later on.
Where's Impmon though. He's my fave and I still don't have him.

Btw the game's hard mode is really nice. Genuinely balls to the wall challenging and requires you to master all of the systems. Some of the end game super bosses need carefully constructed teams to win against and forces you to learn how to fuse high end digimon and training for the right stats. The training speed is also very high so it's not tedious. It's probably too hard for a first run but totally doable on the first run and loads of fun if you like your games mentally challenging.

daxy

Playing through it now as well and I got way sidetracked by an optional area in chapter 4 where I've been leveling and (de)digivolving my favorite digimon. I only vaguely remember the TV show but I already have more animals with mechanical parts strapped to them than fit in my party. Really need to get more memory slots (and get out of here while I haven't burned out on the game).

Also, playing on hard mode, and as the poster above says, holy shit. Those bosses mean business.

Zubz

Banned
I finally got this in last week's sale! I chose Hagurumon to be my starter due to the temptation of PlatinumSukamon (That EXP Bonus is too good!), but found enough Motimons to justify not doing that to my starter.

Any recommendations as to where I should go next? Or should I just choose something at random and see where I end up?

maouvin

I finally got this in last week's sale! I chose Hagurumon to be my starter due to the temptation of PlatinumSukamon (That EXP Bonus is too good!), but found enough Motimons to justify not doing that to my starter.

Any recommendations as to where I should go next? Or should I just choose something at random and see where I end up?

Just go with the flow, especially on Normal. On hard you need a team that can take advantage over the enemy types (neutral/vaccine/virus), but other than that don't worry (until late in the game that is).
Having some digimons with pricing or fixed damage attacks will help on some bosses though.

Lynx_7

To the people more versed in the ways of digievolutions, what's the quickest way to get an Impmon in this game? And a Myotismon?

To the people more versed in the ways of digievolutions, what's the quickest way to get an Impmon in this game? And a Myotismon?

Kuramon(Baby) or Pagumon (In-training) - you can find these early in the game, alternatively look at his digivolutions and you can de digivolve into him from one of them.
There's a good walkthrough on gameFAQS which has a digimon encyclopedia which basically gives you the info you need on digimon . Off the top of my head Wizardmon,Devimon, Icedevimon & Bakemon(Not 100% sure on him though) evolve into Myotismon.

Do whatever you want , it's funner that way, unless you really want a digimon, in which case use a walkthrough to get set on the correct path.

Zubz

Banned
Thanks, everyone! And sorry for a second question, but the pre-order Digimon like the Tai Agumon were never rereleased down the line?

I'm only on Chapter 2 but I'm loving the game so far!

Qurupeke

Thanks, everyone! And sorry for a second question, but the pre-order Digimon like the Tai Agumon were never rereleased down the line?

I'm only on Chapter 2 but I'm loving the game so far!

No, generally. I think you can still get them in Europe if you go for the digital version...I find it dumb that you can't get the Black Agumon and Gabumon line otherwise.

Zubz

Banned
No, generally. I think you can still get them in Europe if you go for the digital version...I find it dumb that you can't get the Black Agumon and Gabumon line otherwise.

Yeah... Plus most pre-order bonuses end up being paid DLC down the line... If a multiplayer game that feeds on a have/have nots mentality caves, why doesn't a niche RPG like Digimon?

I know there's multiplayer, but there's a difference between it and, say, SFV.

Lynx_7

Kuramon(Baby) or Pagumon (In-training) - you can find these early in the game, alternatively look at his digivolutions and you can de digivolve into him from one of them.
There's a good walkthrough on gameFAQS which has a digimon encyclopedia which basically gives you the info you need on digimon . Off the top of my head Wizardmon,Devimon, Icedevimon & Bakemon(Not 100% sure on him though) evolve into Myotismon.

Thanks man, got my Impmon just now. I found a guide with a bunch of evolutions so I'm gonna follow that to get my Dream Team.

Also, that Eater boss fight on chapter 4 was tough on Hard, damn. Guy could deal more damage than I could consistently heal, and since his attacks recovered his own HP I couldn't outpace him with my own damage output. Had to put my SMT knowledge to the test, gave my farm island a look and picked up the Digimon best suited for the job. A bunch of buffs, debuffs and healing items later (and Angemon being the boss he is), I managed to beat the Eater without resorting to grinding. If the game can keep up this level of challenge and planning for the rest of its duration, I'm satisfied.

Any tips for someone just starting out... and has never played (or watched) anything Digimon-related before?
Starter doesn't matter, you can get them all within a couple hours of the beginning anyway. Pick whichever you like best.

Digimon types matter a lot
Their elements don't matter as much. Prioritize learning the triangle of data, virus, and vaccine to be able to conquer battles.

To raise a Digimon's ABI Stat and be able to digivolve them further, de digivolve them to a prior stage then raise them back up. You'll be doing this a lot throughout the game, as it's a core mechanic. Feel free to hop all over the evolution tree as well as many Digimon species learn different moves.

Don't worry about digimedals unless you want the Platinum.

Online battling is crazy. Uber strong Japanese players will wipe out even an endgame party without letting you make a move. So either don't worry about it, only fight the online AIs, or get good.

Lilithmon is a beast so try to get one of her.

Thanks man, got my Impmon just now. I found a guide with a bunch of evolutions so I'm gonna follow that to get my Dream Team.

Also, that Eater boss fight on chapter 4 was tough on Hard, damn. Guy could deal more damage than I could consistently heal, and since his attacks recovered his own HP I couldn't outpace him with my own damage output. Had to put my SMT knowledge to the test, gave my farm island a look and picked up the Digimon best suited for the job. A bunch of buffs, debuffs and healing items later (and Angemon being the boss he is), I managed to beat the Eater without resorting to grinding. If the game can keep up this level of challenge and planning for the rest of its duration, I'm satisfied.

Piercing moves or moves which do x damage are what make eaters easier btw, It was either gatomon or angemon that I used to get past them.

Man, this is my favourite RPG of 2016 so far. Especially loved how much the DLC extended gameplay time and provided neat (and maybe frustrating) challenge.

Lynx_7

Speaking of DLC, it's so idiotic that
Beelzemon Blast Mode
is a pre-order exclusive. Why not put him up as regular DLC for the folk that want him but bought the game at a later date? It's been months since the game released, so why can't I give you my money, Bamco? Why are you denying me content I would be willing to pay for? >_>
Ugh, anyway. Are any of the DLC worth it? Which ones?

Speaking of DLC, it's so idiotic that
Beelzemon Blast Mode
is a pre-order exclusive. Why not put him up as regular DLC for the folk that want him but bought the game at a later date? It's been months since the game released, so why can't I give you my money, Bamco? Why are you denying me content I would be willing to pay for? >_>
Ugh, anyway. Are any of the DLC worth it? Which ones?
BlackAgumon+BlackGabumon/their evolutions and antylomon as well are pre-order bonuses... BandaiNamco gonna BandaiNamco , they've done this with other games & it sucks , at least their pre-order incentives are actual pre-order incentives though.
All of the available dlc in free, they unlock some missions which eventually net you dianamon who's cool. It's all end game dlc which is difficult on normal with maxed out characters though,so it's fun.

N° 2048

ooomggg

The feeling when you first come across a nostalgic childhood Digimon.

This is the first Digimon game I've played in a while.

Top tier waifus stuck inside a Digimon skinned game that could've been a great SMT I think. Change the digimons with demons and you got something going.

Maybe I'll play more after finishing my current list (Trails SC, Cold Steel I, Cold Steel II).

Top Bottom