• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

sensui-tomo

Aw well, something to hope for when we knock Namco-Bandai's expectations out of the water and they start localizing future Digimon games.

i'm assuming Next Order has alot of digimon, hell i should look at Re:Digitize to see what it had to assume that they'll all carry over for Next order's count.

What does NG+ entail?

According to a user on GameFAQs with the Chinese version:

Alright guys, I've got that exclusive scoop on New Game Plus.

You can change your gender and name.
Sadly, cutscenes are still not skippable.

You keep
- Your Digimon (Their levels intact as well)
- Memory limit (Mine was still at 255, for example)
- Money/Yen
- All items (Even the Digimentals)
- Sleuth rank
- Scan percentages
- Digifarm stuff
- The checkmarks for Digivolving into the royal knights

You lose
- Story related stuff
(Like locations and key words)
- Request progress

Hrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm. I dunno what I wanna play this on...I travel a lot and use my Vita all the time but kinda wanna see it on a big screen

Do we know any specifics about the difficulty modes? Wondering which one is equivalent to the Japanese default and whether you can change it mid-game.

Consensus in Japan seemed to be that the game was too easy but I don't want to start on hard and up being frustrated.

Flunkie

Banned
Man this is gonna be crazy having to learn all new characters. Never played/watched anything Digimon but this game looks great.

DinoBoo

Neo Member
Thanks to everyone who signed the petition! I'm going to be picking this game up on Wednesday. Friggin' loved Digimon as a kid.

Tarrin

Amazon just charged my card. A good sign!

I can't wait till tomorrow. Hopefully it's delivered earlier then later (meaning around normal delivery time like 3pm and not 8pm).

Amazon just charged my card. A good sign!

I can't wait till tomorrow. Hopefully it's delivered earlier then later (meaning around normal delivery time like 3pm and not 8pm).

Amazon deliveries via UPS has me waiting until like 5-6PM :/

That's why I opted to pick up at Best Buy during my lunch break tomorrow, plus I had the 20% off from Gamers Club Unlocked.

Can someone link to a site selling the physical vita asian version with the english subs?
Play Asia has it (ships directly from Asia), or you can get it from videogamesplus.CA (ships from Canada but currently out of stock. They'll probably put it back up once they get their stock though)

Play Asia has it (ships directly from Asia), or you can get it from videogamesplus.CA (ships from Canada but currently out of stock. They'll probably put it back up once they get their stock though)

Thanks.
It would bother the hell out of me to not add to my physical vita set.

ViciousDS

Banned

That's why I opted to pick up at Best Buy during my lunch break tomorrow, plus I had the 20% off from Gamers Club Unlocked.

Got to love GCU.....20%...those points and then most of the time $10 gift cards.

Picking up mine after work! So pumped! I was playing world 2 last week to get ready and it did not age well to me lol

Tarrin

Yea, Amazon via UPS likes to do late deliverys :/ Still, might get lucky. I'm working till 2pm anyways, so it's not a huge deal. I love it when I come home to a game waiting in my box though.

GNOSIS

I really wanna play this in English but I already have Japanese version which makes it's hard for me to understand a thing about the story.

I played it for a few hours and I liked it enough but I couldn't finish it because I'm not used to playing games that I don't understand anymore.

I might try to import Asian version of Vita (I don't own PS4). It's such a shitty thing for them to lock some Digimon behind DLC though. I hate that kind of DLC so much. And I think it's timed DLC too right? Or I can probably buy it later?

Sure is.

S24f18K.jpg

We'll never get the game that stars her. Oh well, guess a cameo is all I'll get.

AyanFaust

Banned
You can carry 6 digimon with you at once right? With three of them being in battle position?

I thought you could carry 11, with 3 being in battle position, could be wrong, tho.

If I understand it right, there's something called "Party memory," and each kind of digimon takes up a certain amount of that memory. I think you start with 20, and most Rookies cost around 4~5 memory(Megas can cost around 20). You get more memory as the story progresses I believe.
(So you both could be right)

Anyone feel free to correct me, this is just what I got from reading what other people were saying.

If I understand it right, there's something called "Party memory," and each kind of digimon takes up a certain amount of that memory. I think you start with 20, and most Rookies cost around 4~5 memory(Megas can cost around 20). You get more memory as the story progresses I believe.
(So you both could be right)

Anyone feel free to correct me, this is just what I got from reading what other people were saying.

That's right. You can have up to 11 members (3 active, 8 in reserve) but it is restricted by a Memory Limit.

ReaperXL7

My first goal in the game

latest

Looking forward to this game a lot more then I thought I would considering I have not watch Digimon since the first season. Game looks really cool though and Gaf got me excited for it.

nikos

Was planning on getting this, but I need to start limiting my purchases.

Will I enjoy the game if I know absolutely nothing about Digimon?

My first goal in the game

latest

Looking forward to this game a lot more then I thought I would considering I have not watch Digimon since the first season. Game looks really cool though and Gaf got me excited for it.
Ok thats it i just gotta know how many freaking leomons are there

Ultimadrago

That's right. You can have up to 11 members (3 active, 8 in reserve) but it is restricted by a Memory Limit.

Is there like an alternative Bank or Bench that you can use for excess monsters? I could imagine the spaces getting a bit stuffed when trying to Digivolve multiple Digimon in one session or so.

Ok thats it i just gotta know how many freaking leomons are there

Bancho as fuck!

L95

Is there like an alternative Bank or Bench that you can use for excess monsters? I could imagine the spaces getting a bit stuffed when trying to Digivolve multiple Digimon in one session or so.

Ya, you have the digifarm and a bank/storage thing, I think.

Pre-ordered Asian-English Vita copy a while ago. May consider buying the digital EU release once it goes on discount as well.

And no love for Gabumon in this thread, makes me sad.

The black Gabumom DLC is what pushed me over the edge to order the JP version when it first released. There are dozens of us!

Top Bottom