• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PSV) Teaser Trailer

Not sure if this was posted else where but apparently there's a petition that is being used to gauge interest to localize this. From a thread on /v/:

Apparently Namco is looking to localize Digimon Cyber Sleuth if enough people show interest.

Be sure to sign this petition if you want:
https://www.change.org/petitions/ba...ystation-vita-game-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth

Thread is stickied on the Namco forums:
http://forums.bandainamcogames.com/showthread.php?874-Operation-Cyber-Sleuth

If anyone wants to know source for Namco looking for localization, check the comment #17 from:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/14/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-coming-ps-vita-july/

Let's bring the best Digimon game to the west /v/

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Rather than using petitions, I think it's been proven that constantly pestering them on Twitter/Facebook has had some success. The Tales brigade has shown this to work.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Not sure if this was posted else where but apparently there's a petition that is being used to gauge interest to localize this. From a thread on /v/:

Signed it, really hoping that both Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode get localised.

I would ask for Digimon Adventure but that's a PSP game so I am not holding my breath for that.

Their EU community manager said to use a petition.

Is that so? Then shouldn't this news warrant a new thread to push the petition numbers up, I really really want both Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode to get localized.

I played one of the Digimon games on DS. Dawn, I think? The thing that I remember about it is that there are way too many evolutions that branch, which made it really confusing. Are all of the games like that? There must be much more Digimon than Pokemon at this point.

Killah

I'm personally still more surprised we didn't got GE2 yet but we will actually get SAO and maybe this thing.

Think the reason we haven't gotten GE2 yet is because they are waiting on GE2 Burst, much like they did with GE1.

Signed it, really hoping that both Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode get localised.

I would ask for Digimon Adventure but that's a PSP game so I am not holding my breath for that.

Is that so? Then shouldn't this news warrant a new thread to push the petition numbers up, I really really want both Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode to get localized.

Someone should create the thread, Namco literally expects you to sign this petition
https://www.change.org/petitions/ba...ystation-vita-game-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth
about Digimon: I know one way you can help, by signing a certain petition
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...-fragment-coming-ps-vita-july/#comment-510681

The last Digimon game I played was Digimon World, this game looks too good not to get localized.

Think the reason we haven't gotten GE2 yet is because they are waiting on GE2 Burst, much like they did with GE1.

The GE team said they aren't making a burst version and prefers to expand through patches and DLC.

Also another reason why GE2 isnt coming over is that the team is working on Freedom Wars and the online multiplayer patch is not ready till the 2nd half of the year. If Namco wants to bring the game over, it would be when the online multiplayer patch is up and fully working first.

RalchAC

There were 2?!?!?

Really late but yeah. It was a PS2 game and the one I played the most with a friend :)

I played one of the Digimon games on DS. Dawn, I think? The thing that I remember about it is that there are way too many evolutions that branch, which made it really confusing. Are all of the games like that? There must be much more Digimon than Pokemon at this point.

Digimon World 3 / 2003 was like that too. I used a guide to see what do I had to do to unlock the different evolutions.

I'd recommend you to look for some info on Google :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Dammmmn.
The petition was at 600 when I signed, now it's up to 900.

I just started looking more into it and I had no idea it JUST started today! Wow that's actually... pretty good! I remember when the Tales Facebook opened up and in just a couple days it reached 10,000 or something like that. Although I wasn't hardcore at all like other Tales fans, I'm glad I helped out, even just a little, with bringing that franchise back from the dead :)

Here's hoping it will happen for Digimon too. Heck, I'm still waiting for uncut boxsets of the anime series to come out so I can buy them.

EGOMON

Signed and it says 87 needed, i hope it will be localized i freakin love Digimon am 25 years old and am still enjoying the Digimon anime waiting for a new season patiently

I like Digimon. I like Vita. I like Digimon games. Signed it and hope it actually helps. I don't know anime popularity that well, but if that SAO game can come out here, surely a Digimon one can?

BajiBoxer

Banned
I signed. Never played a Digimon game and I'm only vaguely familiar with the series as this stuff didn't get popular until I'd aged out of the target demographic, but it looks like it should be a quality title. I'm all for more Vita games :)

Koppai

What the hell, Bandai Namco releases way nicher stuff than Digimon like One Piece, I guess maybe we should expect some surprises at E3, would love to play Re: Digitize Decode and Cyber Sleuth. I have a 3DS and a Vita.

What the hell, Bandai Namco releases way nicher stuff than Digimon like One Piece, I guess maybe we should expect some surprises at E3, would love to play Re: Digitize Decode and Cyber Sleuth. I have a 3DS and a Vita.
I'm sure One Piece is a lot more popular than Digimon in NA.

Stuart444

That is NOT the petition he is referring to in the comments.

This is:

http://www.change.org/it/petizioni/...lize-digimon-world-re-digitize-decode-for-3ds

It's aiming at Decode but it also serves as a way to gauge interest in bringing any Digimon games outside of Japan again.

See the amount of signatures on that compared to the one you posted. I think Bandai Namco would be looking at that more regardless.

edit: For the record, this petition isn't mines, a friend made it a while back. I also know that several people at Bamco are aware of it and have commented on it in the past.

Signed! I'm not a Digimon fan, but I love the games. I'll do anything that heightens the chances of a Digimon game getting localized.

Rather than using petitions, I think it's been proven that constantly pestering them on Twitter/Facebook has had some success. The Tales brigade has shown this to work.

I remember Namco's facebook page back then. Everytime they posted something, everyone would pester them about a new Tales Of game they wanted localized. I'd hate to admit it, but I was one of them. At least it worked, even if it wasn't the most proper.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt it.

Likewise. Nostalgia pretty much rules. This appears to be the year of nostalgic revivals, too! Looks at Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon being brought back on blu ray. People are going NUTS. They might not be games, but it's clear that nostalgia of these favored shows are there. Considering games, people are nostalgic for the older Digimon World titles already. These might be different, but it's been a while since a Digimon game was brought over. Sad that those other DS titles didn't get brought over, or the Digimon Adventure game (which was out on PSP too late for a chance to be localized).

I wonder if a series like this could warrant at least, limited edition physical copies?

Uthred

Weird to think that you can hope for niche stuff like Akiba Strip, Monster Monpiece, Senran Kagura, Eiyuu Senki, etc. to get localised and they do but you know as soon as you see it that a Digimon game isnt coming out in English.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I'll bump this instead of making a new topic, but:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-digimon-cybersleuth-based-on-petition/.76118

Looks like good news for EU but NA... will we get shafted with getting a DD-only tossed at us like lately? :/ Just like T-K, only the EU division has been stepping up. I'm remaining... reserved. Maybe just a little optimistic but geeze they expect a lot from us :/ People are signing the petition world-wide after all.

Prelude.

Guess I'll bump this instead of making a new topic, but:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-digimon-cybersleuth-based-on-petition/.76118

Looks like good news for EU but NA... will we get shafted with getting a DD-only tossed at us like lately? :/ Just like T-K, only the EU division has been stepping up. I'm remaining... reserved. Maybe just a little optimistic but geeze they expect a lot from us :/ People are signing the petition world-wide after all.

50k is a fucking big number for a petition, I hope that dude realizes it and he's not just being condescending.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
50k is a fucking big number for a petition, I hope that dude realizes it and he's not just being condescending.

It's already over 30k... but yeah it's still A LOT to ask from fans. I hate having to go into beg-mode :/ Maybe I'll start plugging the "physical for NA plz" thing on Namco NA Twitter :/

Top Bottom