• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Elden Ring PC Performance Simply Isn't Good Enough

Haggard

Banned
with Shoddy PC ports like this and GPU prices skyrocketing, is it any wonder why the PS5 and XSX sold out so fast? PC is getting brutally fucked in the ass by every corporation out there....
Nvidia and AMD are taking advantage of the shortage to sell to miners and scalpers, and PC devs aren't bothering with making their games work on older hardware
At this rate, if devs like fromsoftware don't optimize their games to ACTUALLY RUN AND LOOK GOOD on a 1060, PC gaming is gonna die out:messenger_confounded:

What a load of bs....

Stuart360

with Shoddy PC ports like this and GPU prices skyrocketing, is it any wonder why the PS5 and XSX sold out so fast? PC is getting brutally fucked in the ass by every corporation out there....
Nvidia and AMD are taking advantage of the shortage to sell to miners and scalpers, and PC devs aren't bothering with making their games work on older hardware
At this rate, if devs like fromsoftware don't optimize their games to ACTUALLY RUN AND LOOK GOOD on a 1060, PC gaming is gonna die out:messenger_confounded:
And yet my nearly 7 year old 980ti can hit 60fps, unlike the console versions.

Honestly that post is laughable. I may post it on Steam for the lols.

Arioco

Is this your first hand experience on your own PC?

I’m running it on a 3080 on high at 1440p with better performance than that.

It's what Alex is explaining in the video this thread is about (because the thread is about a video, in case you haven't noticed). You should try clicking on play. 👍

Ivan

Today's gamers are so soft...

Man, what we had to live with back in the day. This is literally NOTHING to me, not worth the time thinking about it on any platform. I would just play through it joyfully. Those guys at digital foundry sound like they're gonna melt just by looking at this....

Alex was always triggering something not very nice in my nervous system, now John is starting too with his constant whining.

Last edited:

Brofist

It's what Alex is explaining in the video this thread is about (because the thread is about a video, in case you haven't noticed). You should try clicking on play. 👍
Yeah I watched that video smartass. Your comments framed it like you also had experienced it though. But I would guess you don’t even have a gaming PC and just like “participating” in these topics.

Reviews were not played on PC.
Speaking of here’s another plastic box warrior getting a raging hard on in this topic.

Last edited:
Yeah I watched that video smartass. Your comments framed it like you also had experienced it though. But I would guess you don’t even have a gaming PC and just like “participating” in these topics.

Speaking of here’s another plastic box warrior getting a raging hard on in this topic.
Idk what to tell you. The console version is superior. Reviews were almost exclusively done on PS5. From never has good PC ports.

I'm just explaining why the reviews are not taking into account the technical problems on PC.

Idk what to tell you. The console version is superior. Reviews were almost exclusively done on PS5. From never has good PC ports.

I'm just explaining why the reviews are not taking into account the technical problems on PC.
I read that they got the console versions a while ago. I’m guessing they got it so early due to how expansive the game is. I don’t believe anyone got the PC version way ahead of release.

Karak

Wonder what the point of 1.02 was for PC if it was worse across the board.
I legit started to think that they messed the two patches up lol I will say that I am always pushing for more people to discuss performance as just relying on a couple websites or groups to say "this is the performance you will get" doesn't make a lot of sense. Countless times websites or youtube benchmark videos haven't been exact so the more voices the better.
I can't count the number of times DF, or tons of other video channels will say "this is officially what you will get" and have been woefully off at times. Lots of people looking at the game pretending they know exactly whats up too.
I personally dont know.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

I can excuse less grass and stuff but stuttering and screen tearing kills the enjoyment like no other.
Sekiro PC port was fine and ran amazing on my laptop. I have to wait for the first few patches before buying.

I guess I sorta understand from a certain perspective where some reviewers are coming from. The overall enjoyment of the game experience matters the most, even in light of technical issues.

I'm a firm believer in that mindset if they aren't too terrible and don't get in the way of my enjoyment of the game too much.

Now, with that out of the way, is that what I actually believe to genuinely be the case with this game and why it got such glowing reviews? Absolutely not. Not to say nobody truly loved the game, but fix was definitely in on this one. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Alphagear

Anyone else getting stuttering whenever a boss attacks. Struggling to beat the first mandatory boss cause I get stutters whenever I dodge his attacks.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

This post is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time.

Md Ray

I just noticed VFXVeteran's user tag 😂
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
McGdoP7.png

Louay

I think FS devs don't know how to optimize their games on PC and Xbox, i don't know if it's lack of experience or Budget.
yes while xbox is not bad as PC it still not optimized as PS5 version. xbox without VRR would not give good result.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
its running fine for me outside the short stutters that happen when loading a new area. Im pretty much locked 60fps and thats with an 8700K and 3080 so I think there must be something strange going on with certain configs.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think FS devs don't know how to optimize their games on PC and Xbox, i don't know if it's lack of experience or Budget.
yes while xbox is not bad as PC it still not optimized as PS5 version. xbox without VRR would not give good result.
Sony should help them and but the studio. So they only need to make games for 1 system

DeaDPo0L84

I bet when you typed this out you thought you had a real banger of a post on your hands huh?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I bet when you typed this out you thought you had a real banger of a post on your hands huh?
i don't see what's so funny about legitimately being worried about the future of the hobby i love
all PC ports recently have been shit and require you to buy overly expensive hardware just to play them at a decent FPS. People like me have been priced out of the PC gaming space. You wouldn't care because you hopped on the train early enough to not be affected.

Boneless

Loving my consistent 60fps. Only tree sentinal gave me some slowdowns so far. Also would like ultrawide.

All in all 12 hours in, good performance but some improvement points.

Top Bottom