• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry Games of 2022: The John Linneman Collection

Fake

As is the custom, the year is drawing to a close, meaning that John Linneman has carefully curated his games of the year and presented them all here for your viewing collection. Expect a few surprises here - and plenty of titles we didn't fit into our regular scheduled content!

jAyQd6A.jpg

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Good list tbh, I am really enjoying NFS:U currently, game is quite the looker too.

I wish pocky and rocky reshrined was on Xbox, definitely one of the games I'm envious off that switch and playstation owners can enjoy :)

& I'll grab freedom planet 2 next year when it comes out, looks like a great sonic like game from the video :)

& Oh wow Shadow Man, I remember that game on the Dreamcast, I use to watch my older brother play it :)

Edit: I'm surprised to see star ocean in the top games, as the performance is abysmal, but like he says, it's like PS2 jrpg comfort food.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Elden Ring is my #1 too but admittedly I haven’t played most of the other games he list. I played Tunic too, really enjoyed that.

anthony2690

Banned
Why does it sound like his is the only collection that matters.
For the context of the video, it's because only his list matters.

It's his top games of the year.

Not X or Y's list.

Richard, Alex and co will most likely put out their top games for the year videos too.

anthony2690

Banned
What is it with gamers getting more and more specialized tastes as they age?
I guess when you're paid to play games and it's a hobby you probably genuinely you enjoy, you probably play a wide range of games and genres that you enjoy. :)

Patrick S.

Banned
I used to love Need for Speed with a passion. I haven’t touched a new NFS game in more than a decade. They’re all bullshit and cringe now :(

Fredrik

It’s the same thing with everything; music, art, wine, food, cars, bikes, guitars, hifi, etc etc. I’d say it’s a combination of ”been there done that” and wanting to be challenged or simply knowing what you like from having more experience. And nostalgia, never underestimate nostalgia!

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Please tell me there is no Alex guest appearance this time, with his creepy laughter and condescending attitude about everything that isn't rays being traced.
So you're not a fan of I didn't try any of the games on the best graphics list and will openly wash my hands of the top pick by the team. Great team player and top wanker for throwing the team under the bus.

Great diverse list from John here. Always passionate and unbiased views so will watch his video. Pity he doesn't post here anymore.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Mainstream games are just regurgitated content we've played to death. It's the indie space where anything interesting happens outside of rarities such as Elden Ring.

nush

Time and avoiding the ever amounts of bullshit added to games now. Also we didn't get into games for what they are now, rather what they were then. Do I really need to play another 40+ hour game on a huge map with lots of collectables?

Top Bottom