• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry impressions on Forza Horizon 5

JackMcGunns

The king of graphics is here
s0WQ2fY.gif

dLqEOq0.gif

This is mind boggling, but it wasn't just the vegetation that blew me away, but has anyone seen the video where the guy jumps off the bridge?? THE SCOPE!! it's ridiculous, the size of the maps are insane and all explorable 🤯🤯🤯

Totally disagree, not even close to being true. You're going off dark fantasy art style versus a more realistic location kind of art style in an arcade racer, but it's fine, it's your opinion. You also think Forza Horizon 4 is in the same league graphically as Forza Horizon 5 despite video after video showing that Forza Horizon 5 is in an entirely different league altogether on a variety of fronts. Environments are way richer, much more visually dense, lighting and effects are night and day.

Look at the video below and lets get serious for a moment. Forza Horizon 4 competes with this? Mere evolution? Define evolution when nothing in Forza Horizon 4 touches what I linked to in the video below. You see that level of detail thanks to the photogrammetry? What in Forza Horizon 4 matches up to this?

Don't let less dense areas of road lull you into thinking the two games are close, Forza Horizon 4 is nowhere close to this even at its best.

We can agree though that that original reveal is not running on a Series X.

This is mind boggling, but it wasn't just the vegetation that blew me away, but has anyone seen the video where the guy jumps off the bridge?? THE SCOPE!! it's ridiculous, the size of the maps are insane and all explorable 🤯🤯🤯
The highway in this release is going to be the best one yet! Longest stretch, and you can build up max speed
We can agree though that that original reveal is not running on a Series X.
It was running on the apple M1 Pro.
/s

Danknugz

Fuck me. that looks better than the horizon and rdr2 jungles. Holy shit.

Oh and great looking reflections too. just goes to show that you dont need RT reflections in every game. Maaybe in track racers like GT and Forza Motorsport, but even then Id rather have the budget go into better level of detail. i am so fucking hyped to play this game now.

RT is similar to VR in that they're tragically way too early for their time and hardware needs to catch up before they will be considered useful.

scalman

what gpu ? this game gonna be on x1 as well
dont care about fps on gtx 1060 laptop. h4 maxed on it . who cares if its not 60 fps its over 50

Last edited:
Why are you guys warring? Truly sad and patheitc. The game is a stunner. Period. Go get a taco and chill the hell out. Good grief, you butthurt fanboys are exhausting.
You sure call people fanboys a lot. Strange thing is, it's never toward someone saying good things about Xbox or bad things about PlayStation.

But, good to know you dislike fanboys so much, completely impartial Gavon West Gavon West

elliot5

both modes are 4K, with performance hitting 1620p at the minimum on very rare occasion. NXG says it's mostly native 3840x2160 even in perf mode. Absolutely locked framerates for both

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
You sure call people fanboys a lot. Strange thing is, it's never toward someone saying good things about Xbox or bad things about PlayStation.

But, good to know you dislike fanboys so much, completely impartial Gavon West Gavon West
He's right about that as FH5 is the new king of graphics after taking the throne from MS Flight Sim 2020.

Open World game with absolute perfection of photorealistic graphics.

Danknugz

That's how I played GTA 3 on PS2 lol. I'd stop at every intersection and red light!
same, that damn culling always broke the immersion for me though. i always wanted to see the same car going down the road with the same driver if i went and did something else and then caught up to it later.

last i checked they still did this culling in gtav. kind of ruins the realism for me. maybe it's fixed with a PC mod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom