• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry impressions on Forza Horizon 5

Rossco EZ

have they said anything yet about the performance mode and quality mode can be toggled on/off in game?

[edit] i see in the video below you can change mode in game.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
austin powers balloon GIF

CheeseCake

This looks the first taste of next gen graphic. I watched several 4k videos and really looks stunning

"next gen graphic" began with Demons Souls back in 2020.

just saying teresa giudice GIF

Also, reading the article, I find it hilarious that they mention how good the "30 fps" implementation is....
Im Sorry What Season 1 Episode 7 GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

If this were a PS game... 30 fps in gran turismo... I have a feeling these guys would be saying very different stuff.

Imagine having next gen hardware and excuse a racer with 30 FPS WTF!!

Last edited:

Fake

Also, reading the article, I find it hilarious that they mention how good the "30 fps" implementation is....
Im Sorry What Season 1 Episode 7 GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist's Extraordinary Playlist

If this were a PS game... 30 fps in gran turismo... I have a feeling these guys would be saying very different stuff.

IMO this is the first really next gen game I seeing right now, but I kinda agree with you about 30 fps.

IDK what the metric those guys use about what is acceptable or not over 30 fps. Next gen games shouldn't back to that territory.

Last edited:

Urban

Im Sorry What Season 1 Episode 7 GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist's Extraordinary Playlist

Why ? There is „good“ 30 fps and there is „bad“

the way that they do it in Forza is clearly a great Example how to do it right .

@Topic watched It in 4K and it looks incredible

CheeseCake

IMO this is the first really next gen game I seeing right now, but I kinda agree with you about 30 fps.

IDK what the metric those guys use about what is acceptable or not over 30 fps. Next gen games shouldn't back to that territory.
the way that they do it in Forza is clearly a great Example how to do it right .

@Topic watched It in 4K and it looks incredible
Just watch the video.

There's a segment where they show the difference between 60 fps and 30 fps ... my god I don't care if it's native 4k or not, the difference for a RACER of this magnitude is insane. They should have gone dynamic 4k and 60fps. I could never imagine myself playing Forza OR GRAN TURISMO for that matter at 30 fps... sweet jesus.. NO.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

Imagine having next gen hardward and excuse a racer with 30 FPS WTF!!
Which also has a 30fps mode.

Fake

Just watch the video.

There's a segment where they show the difference between 60 fps and 30 fps ... my god I don't care if it's native 4k or not, the difference for a RACER of this magnitude is insane. They should have gone dynamic 4k and 60fps. I could never imagine myself playing Forza OR GRAN TURISMO for that matter at 30 fps... sweet jesus.. NO.

I watching the video right now. I telling you what my eyes seeing, not what Digital Foundry is talking.

Remember, those guys use magnifying glass to zoom 1000% and complain about 'no Ray Tracing'.

Chukhopops

What’s wrong with having a 30 fps option for people who like visuals? I’d never use it but I don’t see how that’s a problem as long as you’re not forced to use it.

Skifi28

I'll watch the video later. Does it look that different from Horizon 4? Which didn't look that different from 3. Even though I love racing games, I've never been able to get into Horizon other than the first. They all kinda blend together and I feel they pump them out a little too often.

Open world with this level of geometric detail has not been done before, GT is a track racer better compared to Forza MS.

It's a good 30 FPS mode. That's great! This is a tech review site.

I'll never use it, and I suggest you don't as well.

MaulerX

Just finished the video. Game looks incredible but that's not that surprising.

Looking at the quality and performance modes side by side I can't help to feel like the performance mode looks..... better?

elliot5

"Those looking for further examples of scalability from Series S may emerge none the wiser because evidence from a couple of hours' play suggests that the only major difference between Series X and Series S comes down to resolution."

Nice. Good for Series S users. Game looks stunning.

Can some of you clowns not turn this in to a console war over which racer is better despite wild differences. Also trying to throw out conspiracy theories over DF being biased to Microsoft because of their discussion of the 30 fps mode. Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Utherellus

Demon who?

Next gen started with Flight Sim

Last edited:
Top Bottom