• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Journey Face-off (PS3/PS4)

dEvAnGeL

@ dark10x, you shouldn't have to defend anything, this differences are so small that most people wont even notice, yet some claim it looks worse, some that it looks better and some like you that prefer the ps4 version but you wish some effects were kept, answering to some people is just wasting time, some believe they can never be wrong, never, i for one think the game looks beautiful, as it looked beautiful the first time i played it on ps3

Regarding motion blur, there is nothing that will convince me that it should be disabled. I understand the effect, how it works, and how it looks. I also realize it's highly subjective. It's an effect I love above most others. I see nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that it is missing and lamenting that fact.

Considering you haven't had to opportunity to see it both ways perhaps you should refrain from making such absolute statements about it? Maybe even defer to the developers who tried it both ways and chose to leave it out for specific reasons?

Relative to what though?
Last gen titles dedicated ~4-5ms to (quality)motion-blur, which yes, was expensive but the same algorithm would cost an order of magnitude less on current gen, which even at 60fps isn't a big deal anymore. Obviously you can always do something that costs more, but we're talking about porting here.
I would say it is expensive interms and relative to other pp effects. Also do not forget that 1ms below a steady 16.6 ms at 60fps (which is easy to do when you are already on the cusp) brings down your subjective feeling of framerate immensely due to vsync.
Back on topic as to how expensive a last gen fobmb would be on modern hardware...
I doubt they would just use the same quality motionblur as the last gen version, it would probably show artifacts at the much higher resolution of 1080p if the ND games are anything to go by.

I do think it is and would be noticably expensive, especially if you are trying to achieve a locked 60fps.

Top Bottom