• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: The Last Hope on Nintendo Switch - The Worst Game We've Ever Reviewed

Draugoth

Gold Member

The Last Hope on Nintendo Switch gained notoriety for a trailer that revealed a sub-standard iterative take on The Last of Us... but what if we told you that none of the trailer content was actually in the game? What if it we told you it was a whole lot worse? In fact, this is a cynical disaster area of the game with no redeeming features whatsoever - not even at its $0.99 sale price. John Linneman reports.

• 00:00 - Introduction
  • 02:12 - Where did this even come from?!
  • 03:56 - Game Analysis
  • 06:14 - Comparison with TLOU
  • 07:09 - Frame-rate Analysis
  • 09:04 - Why is this bad?
  • 13:55 - Let's wrap this up

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I'm not touching this.
Screenshot.png

Mr Hyde

I gave this a fair shake because I think it can be fun sometimes with janky and crappy games. But this one is such a disaster that after 10 minutes you want to delete it and never speak of it again. I don't even know why Nintendo approves shit like this on e-shop.

stranno

To be fair, eShop has been ALWAYS filled with such crappy games. I remember a shooting gallery game for Wii U's eShop that was like 100 times worse than this game.

It had like 8 minutes of "content" and it was completely broken. Not only that, TV display and Gamepad display had different FOVs (in a broken way). And you are probably wondering: Why the video has no sound? Well, that could be the best part. For some reason, the music from the game comes from the TV and the SFX from the Gamepad. Back in the day I recorded a playthrough (yeah, 8 minutes) and I had to record the audio from the Gamepad's mini jack.

Switch has even more crap than those two system just because it is more popular. I'm not sure where the quality control of the WiiWare and the DSiWare was left off.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Any word on how it measures up to Blue Spider-Human in Adventure?

Saber

Gold Member
I love watching some comedy garbage games with John.

Its even more comedy when you see this game having graphical textures and visuals on the same level as Pokemon Scarlet and Violet lmao

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Waste of time low hanging fruit video as usual. It's only their worst because nobody gives this type of shovelware the time of day on any platform normally, not because it's special in how bad it is or worth looking into/making any assumptions/projections over its existence or quality.

At least it's not some half decent game completely ruined and made unplayable so worth even less than this game by horrible tech implementation as in certain ports they've covered, those are a worse proposition even if the game underneath is theoretically better yet you can't play.

Wish games media made the effort to promote more underrated/unknown worthwhile games that need every sale they can get rather than chase clicks in this manner but oh well, it is what it is, they all suck even if they occasionally pretend to be more serious, less tabloid-like, period.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Waste of time low hanging fruit video as usual. It's only their worst because nobody gives this type of shovelware the time of day on any platform normally, not because it's special in how bad it is or worth looking into/making any assumptions/projections over its existence or quality.

At least it's not some half decent game completely ruined and made unplayable so worth even less than this game by horrible tech implementation as in certain ports they've covered, those are a worse proposition even if the game underneath is theoretically better yet you can't play.

Wish games media made the effort to promote more underrated/unknown worthwhile games that need every sale they can get rather than chase clicks in this manner but oh well, it is what it is, they all suck even if they occasionally pretend to be more serious, less tabloid-like, period.

god-of-war-xbox-2.large.jpg

Fuz

Banned
This is yet another dime-a-dozen scam games. There's tons. It didn't deserve a review. That's why the comparison with proper games that are bad is stupid as fuck.
It's not the same league.

Last edited:
If you're into videos like these, check out Kyle Bosman playing Infected run to Survive: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Story Shooter Dead Cry

Yes, that's the actual name

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz
Top Bottom