• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Homicide is seeking Legal Action aganist Valve

there have managed to get in what appears to be their local news?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/2016/09/21/yuma-digital-homicide-video-games-sue-users/90742572/

This has to just stop. They have lost. Just lose gracfully.
Responses and videos flew back and forth, and Sterling's hundreds of thousands of fans began attacking the Romines and Digital Homicide
Something tells me that this news site only heard a very...biased version of events

there have managed to get in what appears to be their local news?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/2016/09/21/yuma-digital-homicide-video-games-sue-users/90742572/

This has to just stop. They have lost. Just lose gracfully.
11 people made 20,000 harassing posts? Am I reading that gibberish right?

Did this "news" site investigate?

I had my own run-in with "journalists" not properly investigating an issue I had with naming conventions for our game and after I provided screenshots of a whole shitload of info, archives of public pages on Google and a myriad of data to support my claims the site ran with my opponent's whole interview and left all of my info out of the article.

JOURNELIZM

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What I made on one game in one day on Steam is more than we made in six months on over 10 games on Amazon," Robert Romine, 36, said Tuesday. "I could have quit doing any work and would have had income for five to 10 years because those products would sell on their own.

wut

Edit: Wow, according to Steam Spy they sold more than 2 million copies of their shit games on Steam so far. 95% of them cost 1$ mind you, but that's still a lot of sales for such shitty games.

They're doing themselves and the larger cause of fighting online harassment a major disservice by conflating people saying their games are utter shit with their harassers. And by that, I mean that yes, the assholes who harassed them, threatened them and sent them shit should face consequences, but this should not be used as a cover to deflect criticism and take it out on everyone.

Also :
An Arizona Republic request seeking comment from the Valve vice president for marketing received no immediate response.
Welcome to Valve time !

wut

Edit: Wow, according to Steam Spy they sold more than 2 million copies of their shit games on Steam so far. 95% of them cost 1$ mind you, but that's still a lot of sales for such shitty games.

Digital Homicide were pretty notorious for liberally dolling out free keys to their games,id highly doubt theyve sold anywhere close to that amount of games.

Szadek

When looking thorugh the cour documents , it becomes clear that really don't have a case.
A lot of the stuff they show is harmless.
Like, one of them said that he can't find them on itch.io , followed by "hahahaha".

Other time I'm not even sure why these post are there in the first place, because nothing about them is offensive in the least.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Like most things in law, "it depends", but TOS you have to click through are almost always considered valid contracts by courts.
Not in the UK they are not.

A company cannot force you to waive your rights like that.

Anyway that's barely relevant. While these devs have legitimate points regarding issues of harassment etc and have the right to litigate, they are the epitome of "pot calling the kettle black".

The whole saga with Sterling etc shows how unsavoury these guys are and frankly while Valve should be better at dealing with people who should have no place in civil society this lawsuit isn't going to tip the scales.

This lawsuit shouldn't go anywhere, however Valve need to step up and realise the US centric view of letting their platform almost being abused carte Blanche by trolls in the name of protecting "free speech" should be countered by fostering positive community management in a global community setting.

Steroyd

When looking thorugh the cour documents , it becomes clear that really don't have a case.
A lot of the stuff they show is harmless.
Like, one of them said that he can't find them on itch.io , followed by "hahahaha".

Other time I'm not even sure why these post are there in the first place, because nothing about them is offensive in the least.

Don't forget the whole reason DH are suing anyone was because their "fee fee's" were hurt.

sammex

11 people making 20,000 posts since November 2014 is at least 3 posts per day every single day. I'd be flattered tbh.

It's amusing they cried to their local press about it.

delaneya

11 people making 20,000 posts since November 2014 is at least 3 posts per day every single day. I'd be flattered tbh.

It's amusing they cried to their local press about it.

What I find rather amusing is that there were turned down by the FBI and County Sheriff's Office. FBI because people are saying mean things? really?

wut

Digital Homicide were pretty notorious for liberally dolling out free keys to their games,id highly doubt theyve sold anywhere close to that amount of games.

While true, I'm sure the negative attention did bring them some extra sales.

The real money maker wasn't the games, it was the trading cards. This video speculates the Romines made $200,000 on the things.

Bigrx1

Banned
Something tells me that this news site only heard a very...biased version of events

Considering they actually interviewed Romine for this article, of course they did. They even have a creepy pic of the guy. I hate to judge people based on looks, but he looks kind of like I expected to be honest lol.

138857-digital-homicide-i-m-suing-you-valve-dig.gif

Bigrx1

Banned
So the Romine's killed their own golden goose, because they couldn't handle basic criticism of their games.

Games that seem to have been marketed specifically to take advantage of the trading card marketplace function.

What a weird place to make some sort of a stand.

This exactly, in 2 years they haven't been able to let it go and have destroyed their own money maker, while the entire time blaming everyone and everyone else in the process. The Romine's seriously hold and cherish the victim card like their own baby.

Considering they actually interviewed Romine for this article, of course they did. They even have a creepy pic of the guy. I hate to judge people based on looks, but he looks kind of like I expected to be honest lol.

I don't want to look at it because I'm afraid it'll make me shoot blood out of my eyes like one of those lizards, but did he tell the interviewer to look up what a "leech" was?

Szadek

I don't want to look at it because I'm afraid it'll make me shoot blood out of my eyes like one of those lizards, but did he tell the interviewer to look up what a "leech" was?
Do you know what the most hilarious part about the whole "leech" thing is?
He wasn't using the defintion "a leech", but of "to leech", which is obviously a verb and not a noun.

Bigrx1

Banned
I didn't realize about the whole secondary market on Steam and how developers like Digital Homicide make a boatload of money not from their game sales, but from the trading card and marketplace sales. No wonder they just dish out garbageware by the tons, they literally on purpose don't care about the quality of the games but just want more and more out there for this reason. Watched this Tarmack video and it really opened my eyes to what they were really doing. Pretty wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6Ge-KaoZg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Honestly, Digital Homicide's best cause of action is one of Tortious Interference with Contractual Relations against Romine for his behavior with all of these ill-advised lawsuits.

Top Bottom