• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Movie/TV collections which store(s) do you use?

Hostile_18

Banned
As per title. Theres so much choice now Prime, PSN, MS store, Apple TV etc. If I can help it I'd rather not have my digital collection in 5 different store fronts but that may be impossible. I'm willing/happy to have one store for movies, one for TV shows if there isnt one clear all in one "best store".

I've heard Apple tv is a good one for movies as HD and UHD's are at the same price point, but is a significant catalogue of titles/studios missing because of this?

So yeah what stores do you use for your purchased TV shows and movies? Is my dream of having a unified digital collection even possible without severely limiting my choice?

Hostile_18

Banned
I buy physical from Amazon or local retailers

I have been pro physical for many many years but I believe I need to soften my stance now because;

A) HD versions of some of my favourite shows arnt available on disc.

B) The price difference between a physical UHD and a digital one can be massive for marginal gain IQ wise.

C) Packaging had been getting cheaper and cheaper and extras less and less.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I have been pro physical for many many years but I believe I need to soften my stance now because;

A) HD versions of some of my favourite shows arnt available on disc.

B) The price difference between a physical UHD and a digital one can be massive for marginal gain IQ wise.

C) Packaging had been getting cheaper and cheaper and extras less and less.

I couldn't care less about image quality and just want complete boxed versions of things with no possibility of data loss.

TDiddyLive

I have used Vudu for years. No complaints. And I check various Movies Anywhere services for deals that link to my main Vudu account.

I got away from physical almost completely because of how much space it takes up. When you have hundreds to thousands of movies/games it takes up way too much room and sorting becomes a nightmare.

Nymphae

Banned
I got away from physical almost completely because of how much space it takes up. When you have hundreds to thousands of movies/games it takes up way too much room and sorting becomes a nightmare.

Shelves work pretty well, I can't imagine having so much media that the walls start closing in around me. This is only a problem for hardcore collectors.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I have a question with anyone who has experience buying digital from Amazon Prime.

I find a lot of their movies are blurry messes. Lonesome Dove and Rocky are offensive to my eyes.

Is this just because I'm used to HD or are these digital versions worse than they should be?

Top Bottom