• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haemi

No publisher will ever say something bad about a system when there is a chance they can make money with it. So when they are saying it's awesome it's just "blabla buy it and give us money".

Hermii

Rosti said "I like what I've seen too". It sounds like he's clearly seen the NX...Rosti please tell us already. You're our friend, remember? 😁

I remember he made a post in the 3D printed NX thread insinuating it was real and Nintendo was upset about it, so I don't really trust he seen it.

No publisher will ever say something bad about a system when there is a chance they can make money with it. So when they are saying it's awesome it's just "blabla buy it and give us money".
He said this will get Nintendo back in the "race" though.
I think this system is going to cause waves.

What did EA said?
apart from "we'll go wherever we feel it makes sense" which is the equivalent of "sorry, not interested in this"

Plum

They don't have to say anything at all. "We have seen the NX but cannot comment at this time" is an understandable answer Yves could have given when asked about the system, yet he didn't. Nintendo needs Ubisoft, Ubisoft does not need Nintendo so saying something positive about the NX is entirely Ubisoft or Yves' decision.

Anth0ny

friends

I have to say I like what I've seen too.

in my room

on my CRT

it's super smash bros melee for the nintendo gamecube

I remember he made a post in the 3D printed NX thread insinuating it was real and Nintendo was upset about it, so I don't really trust he seen it.
That's kind of a strike against Rosti, but yeah he probably didn't see it.

Didn't the Bethesda president talk bad about the Wii U and Nintendo? I can't remember when they made the quote though or if they did.

udivision

They don't have to say anything at all. "We have seen the NX but cannot comment at this time" is an understandable answer Yves could have given when asked about the system, yet he didn't. Nintendo needs Ubisoft, Ubisoft does not need Nintendo so saying something positive about the NX is entirely Ubisoft or Yves' decision.

They already announced an NX game. It's clear that they can be one of the few 3rd parties to support the system, which is beneficial for them. I don't think that shows much about the NX or even their confidence in it vs. previous conosles, but rather Ubisoft thinks it can get a larger piece of the pie if they're the only one who shows up to the table.

Being cynical, one could say that in order to convince the shareholders supporting this new console is a good idea, it'd probably be smart to talk positively about that new console.

Yep. As far as I'm aware, Rosti is just a person who thoroughly seeks out Nintendo patents and occasionally makes a vague insinuating statement, not an "insider". Correct me if I am wrong someone.

ozfunghi

Rösti;218503388 said:
In response to Yves Guillemot's comments on NX today, September 29, I can say that I like what I have seen too, and I am hoping to be able to provide a slightly more interesting input in the coming weeks and months. "Coming weeks and months" does not necessarily reflect a specific time period.

Hey there, Ideaman! Long time no see!

Vena

Some of you are comically desperate to discount anything anyone says that is positive, be it Yves or Rosti, lol. Its funny to watch the hoops people will jump through.

Yep. As far as I'm aware, Rosti is just a person who thoroughly seeks out Nintendo patents and occasionally makes a vague insinuating statement, not an "insider". Correct me if I am wrong someone.

You guys do realize that, given what we know now, the old fake 3D-Print leak is actually very close to what we're going to potentially get, right (shape aside)? IE a handheld with a port to the TV? The main disparities have arisen with time and with newer leaks (Eurogamers) and detachable controllers. But remove the "detatchable" part...

There's a reason the old leak ended up being very weird for publication sources who thought it may be legit, and in hindsight we know why. If what you know about the NX is that its a portable with a port out and a big screen... then, well, ya that 3D Print looks awful lot like the vague things you'd have heard at the time.

Plum

They already announced an NX game. It's clear that they can be one of the few 3rd parties to support the system, which is beneficial for them. I don't think that shows much about the NX or even their confidence in it vs. previous conosles, but rather Ubisoft thinks it can get a larger piece of the pie if they're the only one who shows up to the table.

Being cynical, one could say that in order to convince the shareholders supporting this new console is a good idea, it'd probably be smart to talk positively about that new console.

Exactly, it is definitely in Ubisoft's interest to get a good standing with the NX and Nintendo if they believe it to be a future success. However I'm more specifically talking about how they don't need to say anything right now before the console has even been shown off by Nintendo themselves. They definitely don't need to give it glowing praise, a simple "we are confident in the NX's future" would suffice for shareholders (possibly).

maxcriden

FWIW, he indicated Nintendo would be displeased about it. That doesn't mean it was real. It's just as possible Nintendo would be upset if people far and wide got the entirely wrong impression about NX and stuck with it.

You guys do realize that, given what we know now, the old fake 3D-Print leak is actually very close to what we're going to potentially get, right (shape aside)? IE a handheld with a port to the TV? The main disparities have arisen with time and with newer leaks (Eurogamers) and detachable controllers. But remove the "detatchable" part...

There's a reason the old leak ended up being very weird for publication sources who thought it may be legit, and in hindsight we know why. If what you know about the NX is that its a portable with a port out and a big screen... then, well, ya that 3D Print looks awful lot like the vague things you'd have heard at the time.

This, too. It's entirely possible that sans detachables the NX portable looks like the fake leak.

Some of you are comically desperate to discount anything anyone says that is positive, be it Yves or Rosti, lol. Its funny to watch the hoops people will jump through.

The fake 3D print was nothing like the Eurogamer rumour. Detachable controllers, dock, kickstand, etc etc.

Vena

The fake 3D print was nothing like the Eurogamer rumour. Detachable controllers, dock, kickstand, etc etc.

Hum, yes... I think:

If what you know about the NX is that its a portable with a port out and a big screen... then, well, ya that 3D Print looks awful lot like the vague things you'd have heard at the time.

Right.

Everyone is far too quick to use their knowledge *now* and in hindsight, rather than to consider what more raw and early on leak knowledge on the device would entail *months ago*.

I trust Rosti. The best news out of all of this is he's got some new positive news about the NX. The NX has been all positive news. We're not hearing anybody saying bad things about it from developers or insiders.

Makes me excited, again, for the reveal!

I trust Rosti. The best news out of all of this is he's got some new positive news about the NX. The NX has been all positive news. We're not hearing anybody saying bad things about it from developers or insiders.

Ubisoft praised project cafe/Wii u before its reveal. Apologies if I'm wrong but from what I remember I don't remember much negativity before its reveal.

Yet some people on here have cultivated a negative attitude towards the NX, jumping the gun before we get solid info from the big N themselves. It's the most pointless thing to say in this thread, but let's try and hang tight and be hyped rather than complain about potential specs or form factor.

After all, the Wii U and 3DS both have graphically mind-blowing games, despite having lower-spec hardware. The specs won't make the games.

maxcriden

There has been nothing about a freeform display in the leaks.

Ah, I forgot about that; even without a freeform display it could still look similar in some ways. Not sure how exactly, though, and I realize it's shakier ground.

Still, in my initial reply to you I mentioned that Rosti didn't actually insinuate or say it was the actual device. Just that Nintendo would be bothered by it. So I don't see that as debunking his credibility.

There'll be excuses made though from others.

Happened already.

It's not unreasonable to excuse someone when they're being claimed to have done something they did not do. Rosti never insinuated the leak was real. Inferences could be made from his statements, but all he said is that Nintendo would be upset by it. There are multiple ways to interpret that statement. Yes, he says vague things and it can absolutely be frustrating, but I don't see it as reasonable to claim now that he specifically insinuated it was real when that's more a matter of interpretation.

FWIW, my understanding is that he is only vague because he feels he has to be in order to protect himself and any sources. Whether that means it is better for him to not make such comments at all is going to differ person to person. But, considering his health has been negatively impacted by the fake leak, I prefer to err on the side of not giving him any hard time for how carefully he needs to choose his words in order to protect himself and his sources. I'm sure that in telling us he has positive impressions of the NX he is only meaning to turn around some of the negative spin and give those of us who wish to take stock in his statements some additional reason for optimism.

javac

The whole gimmick of the 3D print was the shape, the lack of physical face buttons and the weird sticks that obscured the screen, it in no was resembles what Eurogamer have reported other than being a portable with a screen.

ASIS

Ubisoft praised project cafe/Wii u before its reveal. Apologies if I'm wrong but from what I remember I don't remember much negativity before its reveal.

No, there was no negativity, but i have to be honest the Wii U/Project Cafe never garnered this much attention and speculation. The NX hype is way above Project Cafe.

Maybe that's why Nintendo has been keeping silent all this time. This is the new marketing strategy and it seems to be working :p

Shiggy

No, there was no negativity, but i have to be honest the Wii U/Project Cafe never garnered this much attention and speculation. The NX hype is way above Project Cafe.

Maybe that's why Nintendo has been keeping silent all this time. This is the new marketing strategy and it seems to be working :p

Really? Due to the lack of any information, I don't really see much hype for NX right now.

Ah, I forgot about that; even without a freeform display it could still look similar in some ways. Not sure how exactly, though, and I realize it's shakier ground.

Still, in my initial reply to you I mentioned that Rosti didn't actually insinuate or say it was the actual device. Just that Nintendo would be bothered by it. So I don't see that as debunking his credibility.

It's not unreasonable to excuse someone when they're being claimed to have done something they did not do. Rosti never insinuated the leak was real. Inferences could be made from his statements, but all he said is that Nintendo would be upset by it. There are multiple ways to interpret that statement. Yes, he says vague things and it can absolutely be frustrating, but I don't see it as reasonable to claim now that he specifically insinuated it was real when that's more a matter of interpretation.
You're free to defend them to the death.

TLZ

Banned

From what I remember, he never said it was real, but instead Nintendo weren't happy about it. The one who's said their source confirmed the 3D print was ShockingAlberto.

Ha ha ha good point! They haven't even shown the thing and it's dominating discussions. The hype is partly due to the wait we have all endured. The NX Reddit page is tearing itself apart with frustration for it.

I just hope it's something I like, the GameCube was the last Nintendo system i invested in long term, I miss my Nintendo fix.

All the talk about its specs but what about the OS & Online features? I'm concerned about that. Hopefully they are doing something good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom