• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecosse_011172

Rösti's patent and meeting work is great.
When he pretends to be an insider, it's just a waste of time, the very occasional, vague as possible post which never, ever amounts to anything.

At first all Rosti did was find patent information. One day he mentioned stuff about trying to apply on Nintendo's dev site or something like that, insinuating he would soon have access to information we did. Since then, I found his whole demeanor completely different. His posting style became ridiculously cryptic and verbose. He started using pretty pretentious language and even tried to drop hints with codes. Seriously, people like to joke about IdeaMan from the WUST days, and Rosti isn't that far off. He seems to always pop in and said something to remind people he knew things they didn't while not sharing anything significant. I know I sound like I hate the guy, but I don't. It's just really weird the change I've seen in him from my time on GAF. I really liked and respected him before, but now I'm just wary and a little annoyed. :p
Your post sums up what I have also witnessed. Exactly.

Akhe

I knew it......

image.png

You're right! And you can connect the dots too!

Untitled_1.jpg

Richie

Rösti's patent and meeting work is great.
When he pretends to be an insider, it's just a waste of time, the very occasional, vague as possible post which never, ever amounts to anything.

I second this. I like Rösti as an user, his research on what's available publicy is top notch, and I just find him overall amicable, but when was the first time we ever got true insider info from him, instead of vague hints? While I appreciate the work he does bringing patents and future events to GAF's attention, he's given me no reason to trust actual secret information is gonna come from him more than any other unverified gaffer; which makes it all the worse when he posts teases that so far have led nowhere.

Guevara

We should put together all the surviving rumors thus far:

It's a handheld/home console hybrid with a dock
It uses flash storage/cartridges
Ubi and the Pokemon devs are making games for it.

etc.

I watch their channel all the time. Are they saying today because it looked like it was posted yesterday.
Have they ever posted anything Insider? It's probably just discussing what we already know
These guys LOVE Zelda. They make lots of Zelda videos and discussions. They also discuss Metroid and NX, but they've never had inside info before.

Who even are they?

To add some more they also like to do speculation videos. At the end of their videos they'll ask "would you like our next video to be about Mario on NX or Metroid on NX?"

I doubt they have any info. It's probably just some discussion stuff.

Hermii

I watch their channel all the time. Are they saying today because it looked like it was posted yesterday.

These guys LOVE Zelda. They make lots of Zelda videos and discussions. They also discuss Metroid and NX, but they've never had inside info before.
Yea I guess they were referring to Ubisoft.

Guys, I was going to post this back when I first saw it in RoI. I thought I was stretching it a bit, but I actually think this is a sign:

326WF8B.jpg

Nintendo is currently participating in Igromir expo in Moscow, which is open till the end of the weekend. There's no way something NX-related will be officially announced this Friday.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm pretty sure he's just talking about their NX speculation videos. They've been doing a series of NX videos for a while now. They'll probably pull some of the Ubisoft comments into it.

Now that you mention this, I suppose it's the case.

Sendou

I assume the later they announce the system also means the later smaller developers (indies) get their hands on it. In that light 2017 reveal seems catastrophic.

He's on the NX hype train. And it never stops. Therefore, the video is never coming.
Man im back in the Thread And this comment literally made me burst out laughing. The hype is unstoppable I can't even live a few hours without NX. We were blind NX is life! It's all around us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom