• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DiRT Rally is available on Steam Early Access

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
10% discount? Yeah, it's only for hardcore Rally fans.

That said, I'll check it out when it gets out of Early Access and adds a few more assists.

Kinthalis

Banned
Why even finish games in this game in age right? Apparently even publishers can't even be arsed any more.

It's about co-operating with the community and working togather to make a game that the community likes and that runs well.

The old model is outdated, at least for these types of games. Theyare ponderous, gigantic, focus tested, beasts that would never be able to respond to community feedback.

JamboGT

Will wait on impressions, all for the big sites saying it is a sim but will wait on hands on experience from a few other sources to see what it actually is.

Looks interesting though, glad to see them moving on from last gens mistakes.

bltn

Oooh, very exciting. Spent a lot of time with Colin McRae Rally back in the days. Might pick this up tonight.

Zeknurn

It's a shame it's on the old gen version of the EGO engine but as long as it feels good and there's plenty of content, the graphics doesn't matter as much.

Not to derail the thread, but what options will PS4/XB1 owners have this year for rally racing ?

Sebastian Loeb Rally. Australia Preview.
edit: It's by Milestone, the previous developers of the WRC titles.

roytheone

This kind of stuff really makes me think that one day, Half-life 3 will just randomly pop up on early access. Gaf will be down for at least a month afterwards.

Azzawon

WRC 5: FIA World Rally Championship will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation Vita and PC in Autumn 2015.

from this developer

Oh god, I didn't realise they made Motorcycle Club...

Yeah, I'm buying DiRT Rally now. Is there anyone here who isn't at work downloading it? Post impressions when you get chance!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
10% discount? Yeah, it's only for hardcore Rally fans.

That said, I'll check it out when it gets out of Early Access and adds a few more assists.

The base price will rise as more content is added. I presume the game will be full price ($50) when it leaves Early Access, in which case the current price is akin to 37% off.

Sakujou

Banned
i dont want any gymkhana, no buggys, no racing in circles.
I FUCKING WANT RALLYS, were your car gets dirty just by nature.

i think rallisport challenge 1+2
and v-rally 2 were the best rally games i have ever played. nothing comes even close to them.
would love to see a realistic rally game feeling like the mentioned games.

Certinty

After watching some gameplay videos I think I might have to invest in a decent enough PC to get this, gameplay looks top notch.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What? Holy shit, I've been waiting for the announcement and this doesn't disappoint. Pure rally, looks fairly realistic ala cmr too. Graphics look solid.

What exactly is early access? A open beta? Odd way to reveal and announce, is this being sent to die? Where den console versions at?

Shut up and take my monies

I would totally get this, but I don't really like the idea of Early Access for it when I've seen how badly they can mess up a DiRT game. I think I might wait and see if it still sounds this good when it's finished.

What? Holy shit, I've been waiting for the announcement and this doesn't disappoint. Pure rally, looks fairly realistic ala cmr too. Graphics look solid.

What exactly is early access? A open beta? Odd way to reveal and announce, is this being sent to die? Where den console versions at?

Shut up and take my monies

it's pretty much a beta which is working its way to a final version, you buy it now and save a little over retail price at launch (most of the time) its a way for the dev to make money to go towards development, more or less.

Early Access is a way for developers and publishers to get a game out as soon as possible so that they could obtain additional funds to develop the game. It's also a way to give the community a voice in the development process of a game.

An Early Access game can be released as an alpha or beta.

And there is no console version currently planned.

From the FAQ:

When is DiRT Rally coming to console?

For now, we’re focussed on Early Access. It’s really important to us that we make DiRT Rally the best game it can be and we can only do that with your help. Steam Early Access is the perfect place for us to do that. We believe that DiRT Rally is the game many of our fans want and right now, our plan is to develop DIRT Rally with community feedback and get that experience absolutely right. Once we have done that, if there is sufficient demand for the DIRT Rally experience on consoles, then of course we’ll consider that.

Nzyme32

Fantastic - an actual full on Rally return!!

It's early access so naturally I'll see how it develops before diving in, but this will hopefully be something amazing for people like me who have wanted a pure Rally game

Carlius

Banned
i am liking this of putting big games on early access so the community can help. its a good idea when done right. i think it can benefit codemaster if they actuially listen to feedback

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So it's pure rally? And more sim focused?

Color me super interested!!!!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
My god, the details are like a wish list come true. Instantly this is my most anticipated game

MJLord

Finally! What a day, KSP 1.0 and this!

I hope we see a return to the rally school as well. It's just one of those things that I miss most form the old CM games. I'm also SUPER glad we're seeing a return to the mechanic system!

Megasoum

Banned
They were teasing something early access for a while so not that surprising...except for the fact that it'S already available lol.

Sounds promising but it's Codemsaters we're talking about here now so I'll try it for sure but I'm staying cautious.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
XTREME DRIFT BRO tears are salting the earth.

Thank god, a real rally game! I can't fucking wait to try it.

Karak

So my favorite game is Rallisport Challenge 2.
First time racing here. Felt much like...Rallisport Challenge 2.

Makikou

Please do tell it's RBR level. Kinda afraid because the VideoGamer footage looks a lot like it's basic Codemasters without proper physics :F

Would love it if someone would confirm the Driving Force GT works. I assume so b/c of the other Logitech wheel support, but it's not explicitly stated... :-/

Risgroo

Not buying unless Mr. Monster Energy Bromigo Muchacho Driftbrah from Dirt 3 congratulates me after every stage.

Top Bottom