Here is the store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560
DiRT Rally FAQ: http://steamcommunity.com/games/310560/announcements/detail/139952470927998940
Here is the Steam Broadcast page for live streaming: http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/broadcasts
Here is the Twitch Game page for live streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/DiRT Rally
Welcome to DiRT Rally - a new world of DiRT. A pure expression of rally, the pinnacle of off-road motor racing and it begins now, in Early Access, with regular free updates including new locations, new game modes and new vehicles.
DiRT Rally captures the essence of what makes rally unique – that sense of trying to remain in control of your emotions, as you hurtle along dangerous, undulating roads at breakneck speed, aiming to squeeze everything out of your car whilst knowing that one crash could irreparably harm your stage time. It’s the ultimate test of a driver’s skill, and it’s the ultimate in high risk, high reward gameplay.
Every stage will test you differently, as you feel out grip across varying surfaces and adapt your style to a range of different weather types. As the car suffers attrition you’ll need to account for mechanical damage whilst your dedicated rally team tries to keep you competitive with time-limited repairs between stages. As stages string together, each rally becomes a marathon-like test of concentration and skill, as you trust in your co-driver and your own ability to react and adapt, in order to stay competitive and chase that ever-elusive perfect run.
• DiRT RALLY AND THE COMMUNITY: The community is DiRT Rally’s co-driver and their feedback will help shape the evolution of the experience. For players joining DiRT Rally in Early Access and the road ahead, the team want their feedback. They’ll be helping to test theories and providing vital data that will help to refine DiRT Rally.
• EXPERIENCE 3 MASSIVE NEW REAL-WORLD RALLY LOCATIONS: From the start of Early Access, DiRT Rally offers three massive environments and 36 challenging stages, with more to follow. Drive them during the day - in dry, overcast, sunny, misty, wet, rainy and snowy conditions - and then take them on at night for a very different, intense experience that will challenge the elite.
• Powys, Wales - Muddy, wet gravel stages and forest runs often in the rain during the day and at night.
• Monte Carlo, Monaco – Tight, twisting, dangerous roads covered with snow and ice that wind through the Alps. Snow and mist affect visibility during the day and at night.
• Argolis, Greece – Sweeping dusty gravel stages that take their toll on even the strongest rally cars in the intense heat of the Mediterranean in the bright daylight or at night.
• 14 CARS OVER 6 NEW AND CLASSIC CLASSES TO DRIVE NOW: Rally is about having the right car and DiRT Rally will have all of the right cars. At the start of Early Access, DiRT Rally delivers 14 cars and will be adding more cars over more classes in the future.
• NEW DRIVING MODEL: The physical simulation for DIRT Rally has been completely rebuilt to adequately capture how it feels to race across changing surfaces, and loose surfaces collect under the wheels during lateral sliding, creating a completely new feel to sliding around corners.
• RALLY CHAMPIONSHIPS, RALLY ASYNC & CUSTOM RALLY EVENTS: Take on a single stage and learn the calls in Custom Rally events, compete against increasingly skilled opposition in Rally Seasons or prove yourself against the entire community of players in Rally Async challenges.
• TEAM MANAGEMENT: Hire up to four engineering staff to work on your vehicle between stages. Drill down and hire them based on their contract length, wage demands, and on the insight they can offer over upgrades to the vehicles you own. Keep renewing an engineer’s contract and you’ll be able to give them perks that will help upgrade specific vehicles faster.
• UPGRADES: As you drive a vehicle in events your engineers will become more familiar with it and will research upgrades that will unlock the full potential of the car. DiRT Rally’s comprehensive upgrade system makes meaningful improvements to the car’s handling and performance to stay competitive
• TUNING: Delivering the most comprehensive tuning system ever in a DiRT game, DiRT Rally enables players to tune their cars based on weather conditions, car condition and more to ensure they can refine their setup and get the car feeling right for their driving style.
• DAMAGE & REPAIRS: Off-road racing is tough and unforgiving; competing causes vehicles to suffer wear and tear as replicated by DiRT Rally’s comprehensive mechanical damage system. Thankfully, damage can be repaired by hiring eEngineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages. Much as in the Colin McRae Rally games, there’s a finite amount of time to repair cars between rally stages.
• PHYSICS-BASED ASSISTS: Being fast is about skill, not raw speed. Whilst DiRT Rally allows players to experience cars in their purest form it also offers a selection of real world assists, similar to those seen in race and road vehicles. Traction Control works to minimise wheel spin, ABS increases your braking ability by preventing the wheels from locking up and Stability Control keeps your car from over rotating in the corners.
Full Timeline (with descriptions)
DiRT Rally Early Access Begins
Release April 2015
Welcome to DiRT Rally and thank you for joining us for early access.
For the last few years our fans have been asking us for a game that is pure rally with none of the fluff, one that has more stages, longer stages and repairs in between stages. You’ve told us you want your own team, you want to be able to set the car up and to feel like you own the car you’re driving. We want to deliver that game and with your help we hope we do.
So what are you getting in our launch pack?
17 Cars - Having hundreds of cars doesn’t interest us, rally is about having the right car and we intend to give you those cars. These 17 are just to get us started and we’ll be adding more cars over more classes as the year goes on.
36 Stages – Winding paths through forests, death defying drops off hillsides and narrow mountain paths are what this is all about. It’s you, your codriver and your car versus the road ahead and to get us started we’ll be heading to the muddy forest tracks of Wales, the dusty trails of Greece and the icy tarmac of the legendary Monte Carlo rally.
A-Synchronous Events – Take on the world in Daily, Weekly and Monthly challenges. These are the ultimate tests of skill and determination and it’s going to take everything you have to finish on top.
Simulation handling – We’ve accurately recreated how every part of the car works and to support this we’ve developed a brand new physics model which simulates everything from the way the surface of the road behaves to limited slip differentials. This is how these cars drive and to achieve this we’ve had our very own rally driver on staff working alongside the most talented car handling designers in the world. We’ve had countless visitors in from the world of rally, rallycross and friends from the community, helping us to make sure that we’ve got it as right as we can, ready for you.
Team Management – Hire and fire your crew members, each of which will have different skills improving repair times for different parts of the car, unlock new perks as they gain experience and work together as a team to improve your performance in events.
League Support – Get together with friends and run your very own racing league. You can join up to six leagues at any one time and run them how and when you want. For more information on setting up and joining a racing league visit dirtgame.com
As a thank you for supporting us during Early Access we are giving you a special DiRT Rally livery for the Subaru Impreza 1995.
Pikes Peak Pack
Scheduled date May 2015
Pikes Peak returns to DiRT. Rebuilt from the ground up and now featuring the modern full tarmac route alongside the mixed surface variant. We’ll also be including a full Hillclimb season mode and putting some Hillclimb Online events into the rotation. Obviously you’re going to need some wheels and you’ll find a collection of hillclimb cars added too.
Scheduled date June 2015
This month we’re heading to Germany to tackle some of the most technical and challenging tarmac stages in the world.
Scheduled date June 2015
This collection of classic rally cars are the cream of the crop, true rallying legends from days gone by and some of the finest machines you’ll ever have the privilege of driving.
Scheduled date July 2015
Rallycross comes to DiRT Rally with two brand new circuits, a pack of rallycross super cars, a brand new single player career and of course fresh Online Events.
Scheduled date August 2015
Competitive multiplayer comes to DiRT Rally for the first time.
Scheduled date August 2015
Launching alongside the PVP Pack we’re also adding new cars and a new Rallycross circuit to the DiRT Rally roster.
Scheduled date September 2015
We head to Finland for some of the fastest sections of road in rally with two legendary cars from two legendary drivers to go with it.
Scheduled date October 2015
A whole new class of car for you to master in career containing some firm fan favourites
Scheduled date November 2015
With a new environment to tackle and new cars to master can you keep your cool in this winter wonderland?
article about it..
Players expecting an experience similar to DiRT 3 will want to watch videos of the game being played before laying down the cash, though. DiRT Rally is tough and, at launch, is being designed to attract a hardcore rally audience.
"Right now, the only assists that are available in the game are assists that you would get in a normal road car: ABS, traction control, stability control," says Coleman. "But in time we want to layer in some of the other assists that really help players drive, so braking assists, steering help... stuff that we had in DiRT 3 but actually felt quite intrusive because of the way that we layered it in.
"So you're absolutely right: You do need to learn how to drive a rally car before you can be fully competent within DiRT Rally, but it's our intent to bring that in as part of our experience as time goes on. I think it would be wrong to hold the project back while we do all of the tutorial and quite cumbersome and costly elements of an experience when there's an experience there to be had already."
However, while DiRT's move into simulation rally racing may leave some fans excited, they may also be disappointed to learn that the game is actually being built on a modified version of Codemasters' last-gen Ego Engine, not the next-gen version used in this summer's F1 2015.
Dirt Rally isn't Dirt 4, in name at least. It's not on console - yet - and even though you can play it today it's no way near finished. Once you've got through the muddle of emotions all of that inspires, it's worth considering this: Dirt's new direction, which goes well beyond what fans have been calling for, is the best thing that's happened to rally games for years.
his is a simulation, and to my mind perhaps the first that Codemasters has ever produced, despite its long heritage with driving games. TOCA, Colin McRae and latterly Dirt and Grid have all provided enjoyable driving experiences, but you could never really accuse any of them of being authentic. Dirt Rally changes that.
There's no mistaking that this is anything other than a simulation - and I don't think you've been able to say that of a rally game since 2004's much-loved Richard Burns Rally. Even that's not quite good enough for Coleman, though. "I haven't aimed at Richard Burns Rally and say I want to make a game as revered as Richard Burns is," he says. "However, my personal feeling and the feeling of a number of rally drivers I've spoken to who've had experience of Richard Burns Rally out of the box - I'm not talking about the modded version - certainly it's too hard. It's a simulation that goes beyond what is real, and if rally cars fully drove like that, there wouldn't be many rally drivers left in the world because they'd all be wrapped around trees."
Did Codemasters ever announced this game? I don't remember them talking about. Unless this is DiRT 4?