• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster:Day of Crisis New Pics - It Lives

Gabyskra

Banned
I can't imagine Americans importing it. It'll probably come out at 49€ + shipping... So much more expensive than what they're used to. At that price, I'd rather pick up a bunch of games I left aside...

duckroll

When the game comes out, it'll look exactly like the screens you're looking at. It doesn't matter if you think the screens are from an old build or whatever. It's how the game looks like.

Oh this is interesting

Downloaded one file, and as it's a PSD (all these screens are), uhm, they had a colour adjustment layer to make it all grey. Below is the image with it on, and with it off. All I have changed is the layer being on/off. Layer name was Japanese, and is tagged as the EU version of the game, where the 70ish or whatever screens were tagged for the Japanese version (different regions = different listings on the assets site).

Image1.png

Basically, don't photoshop the screens and let me turn off the adjustment layer. Cheers Ninty.

duckroll said:
Erm, all the widescreen shots are from July 2008. You don't believe that either?

I know that this is not true, look at the link i posted (news was from 22. 2. 07), then search for the same pic in the new Media blowout and compare the timer countdown on the two pics, the same numbers on it :p

duckroll

TwilightPrincess said:
I know that this is not true, look at the link i posted (news was from 22. 2. 07), then search for the same pic in the new Media blowout and compare the timer countdown on the two pics, the same numbers on it :p

O rly...... I'm talking about all the widescreen screens, which is clearly different from the ONE non-widescreen pic you're whining about. Give it up.

qx6h4y.jpg

j8ebew.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
duckroll said:
O rly...... I'm talking about all the widescreen screens, which is clearly different from the ONE non-widescreen pic you're whining about. Give it up.

qx6h4y.jpg

j8ebew.jpg
Yeah chances are it is not gonna look a whole lot different. It looks fine to me though, especially if the regular environments are destructible like that falling building in the video.

duckroll said:

qx6h4y.jpg

j8ebew.jpg

Yes you win in this point ;)

Edit: The pic with the bear and the pic whith the maincharakter running away from the flood were released april the 10th :p

But there are old screens and not only the one pic i complained about and i am not whining about anything. ;)

Wow, all this debating. . .

I, myself, will wait for a In-Game trailer as I always do with Nintendo games.:lol

And I look forward to the "Super Hard real Disaster Mode" and the unlockable stuff! Don't know what kind of uniforms they will have but I like the idea.

Also, MS is most likely working a Big RPG for Wii too if rumors are correct. No need to jump all over the fact that they and Nintendo didn't drop this infavor of a RPG. I like the concept of this game anyway so Im happy.

JonathanEx said:
Oh this is interesting

Downloaded one file, and as it's a PSD (all these screens are), uhm, they had a colour adjustment layer to make it all grey. Below is the image with it on, and with it off. All I have changed is the layer being on/off. Layer name was Japanese, and is tagged as the EU version of the game, where the 70ish or whatever screens were tagged for the Japanese version (different regions = different listings on the assets site).

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j153/jonathanexplorer/Image1.png

Basically, don't photoshop the screens and let me turn off the adjustment layer. Cheers Ninty.
Wow, I wonder . . .. why did they PS the gray over them?

Well, I like the colored one, reminds me of the art direction I liked from the first screens.
vvv
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/8269...screens-20080118040037579.html?page=mediaFull

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/8269...screens-20080118040036110.html?page=mediaFull

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/8269...screens-20080118040034094.html?page=mediaFull

I got my hands on a few new ones (I think?)

io0pap.jpg

Burnman.

30skldf.jpg

Day After Tomorrow anyone?

2nkryn7.jpg

I'll upload more when I get back later today, but I guess they'll be available by then (if they're new that is).

bryehn

Gabyskra said:
I can't imagine Americans importing it. It'll probably come out at 49€ + shipping... So much more expensive than what they're used to. At that price, I'd rather pick up a bunch of games I left aside...

I might, depending on when we hear about an NA release date.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
The character and weapon upgrades are promising because it suggest that the game-play may have a lot of depth to it. I'll wait for the reviews on this one but yes it looks like MGS:Rescue Snake.

Owensboro

Orobi said:
Is this game the wannabe sequel of Incredible Crisis (arcade/PSX, 1999)?
Spot the differences!
http://s4.tinypic.com/r94qyh.jpg

Oh man I hope so. Incredible Crisis is an awesome, awesome game. Back when I worked at a gamestop we would put this in the display and watch people have no idea what the hell to do. That, and the all ska music soundtrack was awesome. And hearing the dad scream "YAAAAAWWEEEEEEEHHHHHH!" was endlessly hilarous.

Man, now I'm gonna need to dig that game out of the closet.

'Welcome.... To Incredible Crisis."

Gwanatu T

Guyver said:
Some of the screen shots reminds me of Headhunter on the Dreamcast :D

I was going to say this. Also the whole lungs thing reminds me of Illbleed. Man I loved that game.

http://i34.tinypic.com/b5i3np.jpg

I think this is probably one of the best looking shots among all of them. Honestly I think the game looks quite good given what many other games on the system look like. It just all depends on how it moves. They say there's an advanced physics engine for everything so we'll just have to see.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Tenbatsu said:
Is this posted? This game is releasing in Japan on 25th Sep for 6800Yen.
wat.

damn, that was a fast turnaround. they're getting it at the end of the month! there is the potential for us getting this game this year now. could be just before summer 09 though...

Tenbatsu

Black-Wind said:
WTH!?!?!?!

Japan gets the best possible fall Wii line up if true. . .
This is the full list

Wii Days of Disaster Sep 25th 6800Yen
Wii Monster Battle: Ultra Colosseum Oct 16th 6090Yen
Wii Sky Crawlers Oct 16th 7140Yen
Wii Happy Dance Collection Oct 23rd 6090Yen
Wii Pro Golfer Oct 23th 6090Yen
Wii Tenchu 4 Oct 23rd 7140Yen

Tenbatsu said:
This is the full list

Wii Days of Disaster Sep 25th 6800Yen
Wii Monster Battle: Ultra Colosseum Oct 16th 6090Yen
Wii Sky Crawlers Oct 16th 7140Yen
Wii Happy Dance Collection Oct 23rd 6090Yen
Wii Pro Golfer Oct 23th 6090Yen
Wii Tenchu 4 Oct 23rd 7140Yen

Don't forget those RPGs. . .

Fragile
Kz
LKS (I think we also get this one this year. . .more of a RTS if I remember but still, we can't forget!)

Should have extended the date, Im mostly talking Fall-Winter :p

Dascu

duckroll said:
I hear Mario: Big Bang has been completed and will be shipping out the week after that. TV ads will start a month after release.
I'm sure there's going to be some ads on the Minna no Nintendo channel though.

DefectiveReject said:
I personally CANNOT wait for Nintendo to go HD.

Mario Galaxy and more are visual delights in SD. Imagine that world in HD. this game alng with others makes me wish HD was now with Nintendo purely to see what the real vision of this game was!

yes.

botticus

I'm really confused as to why this will be out everywhere but America this year. Counting on hardware sell-outs to void the need for any new software?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
tinfoilhatman said:
Some one please tell me this is a PS2 game, good concept horrible.....no horrendous graphics.
I think this is why it's called Disaster.
;)

Top Bottom