• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 5 characters hinted?

screw the newcomers really. since its been the core audience thats been keeping the series alive this long.

you start messing with core mechanics and you can have a good amount of your actual consumer base walk away if you fuck it up. dont think they will be willing to risk that.

Disgaea 2 -> Disgaea 3 had some pretty major changes (which are still debated last I checked) , DD2 rolled some of those changes back, I'll be interested to see which way they go in D5 (I like defensive stats doing something in the late story and post game personally).

I still personally feel monsters are fairly useless in combat with a handful of extremely gimmicky exceptions (monsters with large good attack areas before Big Bang is widely available, Fusion/Magichange/Mount grinding). It's really hard to compete with the sheer versatility that equipment gives humanoids and in combat rather than retrieval lift/throw/towers > Bounce. So I think more work needs to be done there.

Top Bottom