• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 5 Complete rated for PC

Foffy

Banned
I would love Disgaea 5 on PC, but I figured they'd port 3, 4 and D2 first.

I assume those might be in a unique spot. For example, what versions of 3 and 4 would we be getting?

Also, is it fair to say NISA is likely skipping the other games associated with Disgaea because Phantom Brave didn't sell well at all on PC?

zulux21

I assume those might be in a unique spot. For example, what versions of 3 and 4 would we be getting?

Also, is it fair to say NISA is likely skipping the other games associated with Disgaea because Phantom Brave didn't sell well at all on PC?

nah. the only reason they would jump to 5 would to be more relevant instead of a really late port.

phantom brave not selling well never changes things no matter how many times it happens :p

It didn't sell well on the ps2, more nis games still came to the ps2
it didn't sell well on the psp more disgaea games still came to the psp and vita
it didn't sell well on the wii, and well I don't think more came there but i don't think that effected it.
and it didn't sell well on the PC but disgaea 2 still came and sold fine :p

phantom brave is just the game nis wants to port to everything to hopefully get people to realize how fun it is, that people never do :p
though it should be noted that 10k sales for phantom brave's port really isn't that bad by nis' standards.

Cerium

I hope this is true because I really REALLY want NIS to succeed so we can get more Disgaea games. Don't die, NIS!
The preorders on Switch alone almost matched the LTD on PS4.

It sold well enough on Amazon that they're out of stock and couldn't fill a lot of preorders.

I think it's safe to say there will be a Disgaea 6.

entremet

I'd forgotten that Disgaea 5 had the "Only on PlayStation" label on its boxart for the PS4, so I'm guessing that explains the "Complete" moniker, which wasn't used for the Japanese release on Switch. Either that or NISA is smart enough to want to boast about the included DLC as well, or NIS didn't want the PS4 version to seem "incomplete" in Japan.

Those thing don't matter lol. Remember Resident Evil 4 Gamecube?

The preorders on Switch alone almost matched the LTD on PS4.

It sold well enough on Amazon that they're out of stock and couldn't fill a lot of preorders.

I think it's safe to say there will be a Disgaea 6.
Goodie.
Hope we get a D2 soon too since I still haven't beaten that game yet.

FLD

The same versions we got for 1 and 2, i.e. ports based on the ones with the most content. For 1 and 2 it was the PSP versions, for 3 and 4 it would be the Vita versions. I don't see what's so unique about their situation.

Eusis

Well, I figure it will come sooner or later. Question is whether it will come before 3 and 4, or after.

It may well be that Disgaea 5 was made with easier porting in mind and perhaps even that the PS4 x86 architecture makes it really easy to port, with 3 and 4 to come later. But I suppose we'll see.

Oregano

Well, I figure it will come sooner or later. Question is whether it will come before 3 and 4, or after.

It may well be that Disgaea 5 was made with easier porting in mind and perhaps even that the PS4 x86 architecture makes it really easy to port, with 3 and 4 to come later. But I suppose we'll see.

Too bad Disgaea 5 Complete was made with ARM architecture in mind.

It means nothing in reality

Top Bottom