• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgusting Breitbart Smear Campaign Against the Immigrant Owner of Chobani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via The Daily Beast:
For his humanitarianism and thinking outside the traditional corporate box, Ulukaya now stands at the center of a vicious smear campaign. Earlier this year, in a piece originally headlined “American Yogurt Tycoon Vows to Choke U.S. With Muslims,” a writer for the far-right conspiracy-mongering website World Net Daily falsely claimed that refugees were being sent to Twin Falls specifically for the purpose of working at the Chobani plant and that Ulukaya was “call[ing] on [the] biggest American companies to join [an] Islamic surge.” (That line was later removed from the piece, as was the headline, since changed to the slightly less inflammatory “U.S. Yogurt Billionaire Asks Businesses to Hire More Foreign Refugees.”)

At Breitbart, the story of Chobani’s refugee employees has taken on new life as the centerpiece of a broader intrigue. For the past month, Breitbart reporter Lee Stranahan has been filing dispatch after dispatch from the Idaho town alleging a nexus of disease, rape, and jihad—all with Chobani and Ulukaya at its center.
In breathless tones, Stranahan, who according to his Twitter bio recently relocated to Twin Falls, attacks Ulukaya as a “globalist corporatist,” two epithets that, in the newfangled dialect of Breitbartian-Trumpian nationalism, signify one’s dubious, non-American loyalties.

Another story, under the non sequitur headline “TB spiked 500 percent in Twin Falls during 2012, as Chobani Yogurt Opened Plant,” insinuates that the company is somehow responsible for a tuberculosis epidemic in the Idaho hamlet. Never mind that the increase in TB cases exclusively ascribed to Twin Falls actually occurred across an eight-county public health district; there exists no evidence that any of the TB cases in Twin Falls were Chobani employees, or even refugees, for that matter. Furthermore, the “500 percent” “spike” consists of an increase from one case in 2011 to six in 2012, back down to a single case last year.

There's much more at the link above. Smear, generalize and lock me if old.

EMT0

Banned
I knew a guy that writes for Breitbart now after getting out of college. Dude was a complete social inept, and from what I've heard now all that he does for a job is write terrible clickbait articles and verbally fellate 'Milo'. The only saving grace for this article is that it wasn't the same clown I know that wrote this -.-

18-Volt

What. Hamdi Ulukaya is anything but jihadist, I doubt he's even a muslim. He's a supporter of HDP in Turkey, a secular Kurdish opposition party to Erdogan's AKP. He's just really that cool guy, like all Kurds are.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What. Hamdi Ulukaya is anything but jihadist, I doubt he's even a muslim. He's a supporter of HDP in Turkey, a secular Kurdish opposition party to Erdogan's AKP. He's just really that cool guy, like all Kurds are.

He's got brown skin, though. And every racist person knows that anybody with brown skin burns American flags for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom