• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Disgusting story warning) Maggots may have kept 70 year old woman alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

Banned
I didn't even dare to read the story. I am just trying reading the replies to try the piece them together.

Why was the woman obligated to care for her mother? Why was she arrested, and what made the mother dependent? Genuinely curious.

The daughter could've been her mother's "care worker," receiving funding from the state to take care of her. Clearly she was doing a terrible job if this were the case.

“(She) said in the hospital that her care at home was fine,” the detective told the court. “However, (she) did not understand that maggots eating her flesh was not good care.”

That makes it sound like the daughter had something to do with the maggots, which would be insane.

This story reminds me of the dude they found grafted to his chair after having sat there without moving for three years. Finally discovered him after he had died. One cop said it was the worst thing he had ever smelled and the other said he had to throw his uniform away.

Seven.

After a full night of sleep, I feel bad laying in bed for a prolonged period of time. I guess it's a defensive mechanism of mine, one that was molded by what I've seen in hospitals and in news stories like this. The longer I'm there, the worse I feel about being stuck there forever. I've got to get up and get out of bed.

This story reminds me of the dude they found grafted to his chair after having sat there without moving for three years. Finally discovered him after he had died. One cop said it was the worst thing he had ever smelled and the other said he had to throw his uniform away.

Wasn't there a thread about a dude like that, but he only died after they removed him from the chair? I think he had girlfriend too.

catmincer

There's that heinous (fake) photo of the lady with the maggots on her boobs. That, til this day is the worst thing i've ever seen. It's actually a lotus root and it's been photoshopped but dear god the thought of maggots crawling in me.......

brb puking.

There's that heinous (fake) photo of the lady with the maggots on her boobs. That, til this day is the worst thing i've ever seen. It's actually a lotus root and it's been photoshopped but dear god the thought of maggots crawling in me.......

brb puking.

Ah yes, lotus nipple. Makes my skin crawl so much, it's almost therapeutic, like a massage.

OMFG!

lloyd.gif

ShogunX

I hate stuff like this purely because I cant help but look/read and then afterwards think ''why the fuck did I just do that''?

zon

Buncha babies in this thread. Maggots are the best thing to use when removing rotting flesh. They've helped save many hands/feet/limbs.

Gattsu25

Banned
WTF people? These maggots saved her life. How is that disgusting?

edit: ^^ Subaroo, is that blood on the gauze? That's fucking disgusting!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It sounds like both mother and daughter are uneducated and incredibly out of touch with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom