• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored Golden Cat Gameplay Walkthrough

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Thanks for posting, watching now.

Derrick01

Banned
This is the demo they showed off at gamespot's E3 show but it appears to be a little different. Whether they're taking different paths or not using certain abilities.

It's still a really interesting watch though and it shows off the game's strengths. People should watch it if they still don't know about the game.

ironcreed

Banned
This is the demo they showed off at gamespot's E3 show but it appears to be a little different. Whether they're taking different paths or not using certain abilities.

It's still a really interesting watch though and it shows off the game's strengths. People should watch it if they still don't know about the game.

Yeah, it's the same E3 demo, but it is a new playthrough with better dev commentary on abilities and such. Gives a much better look at the game and what can be done. Which is why I am guessing they put it up today.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh shit you can blink while holding downed guards, making it easier to hide them on roofs or balconies. Did not know that.

USIGSJ

Posted in other thread, but pretty cool stuff they say around 9:45 (stealth vid), you can do a sidequest for some crime boss and instead of killing them they'll end up working in their own mines for life.

ironcreed

Banned
Posted in other thread, but cool stuff they say around 9:45, you can do a sidequest so instead of killing them, they end up working in the mine.

Sorry, did not see it. But I think it's worth it's own thread. This game needs to gain all the steam it can. Incredible depth and unique variety.

USIGSJ

Sorry, did not see it. But I think it's worth it's own thread. This game needs to gain all the steam it can. Incredible depth and unique variety.

NP, I'm glad there's a new thread, I was actually referring to the non lethal approach information for targets by doing sidequests.

Derrick01

Banned
They say they think there's 8-9 different ways just to get inside the building. That means the more creative should be able to find more :p

MDSLKTR

I'm currently playing dark messiah for the first time in anticipation for this and I'm loving every single bit of it. Dishonored will be huge.

ironcreed

Banned
The end of the direct approach video where he spawned rats, possessed one and escaped was absolutely brilliant. This honestly looks like GOTY material and is certainly more unique than anything else coming out this Fall. Those wanting some real stealth, here you go. But it is still wide the hell open for playing it again differently.

Derrick01

Banned
So you can blink whenever you want? That seems way to OP.

Kind of. They said the first part of the bar regenerates so you can use that or another move as often as you want, though you have to wait for it to recharge like in Deus Ex Human Revolution. The rest of your magic you have to use potions.

They're designing the game to let you be overpowered but the draw is using your creativity to find cool ways to do things and not necessarily make the game limit you.

Herla

"Hard: enemies are more perceptive."

Yes! THIS is what I want. I'll play it on Very Hard and I'll enjoy every single failure.

ekim

Kind of. They said the first part of the bar regenerates so you can use that or another move as often as you want, though you have to wait for it to recharge like in Deus Ex Human Revolution. The rest of your magic you have to use potions.

They're designing the game to let you be overpowered but the draw is using your creativity to find cool ways to do things and not necessarily make the game limit you.

Well at least you don't have to use it - you're right.

Derrick01

Banned
I like how there's no visible mini map either. I don't know if there's a map in an inventory or menu screen (I'm sure there will be) but using maps in these games ruins the exploration. I won't be using one at all.

Also I noticed a pick pocket option on all the guards. If skyrim is any indication then I will be stealing everything :D

Kajiba

Love how the menus look like before you start the game. When you click easy it shows corvos face, normal shows him wearing the mask.

I really can't wait to play this game.

theDeeDubs

Love the rat summon graphic. I lost it when he possessed one to get away :). Every new thing I see makes it seem too good to be real. It just looks so good. The replayability of this looks off the charts too. Definitely a game worthy of the $60 price tag. And Bethesda, take some melee combat notes please.

ironcreed

Banned
Love the rat summon graphic. I lost it when he possessed one to get away :). Every new thing I see makes it seem too good to be real. It just looks so good. The replayability of this looks off the charts too. Definitely a game worthy of the $60 price tag. And Bethesda, take some melee combat notes please.

Yeah, there are just so many unique mechanics on offer here. Hell, even the look of the game makes it stand out from the pack. I thought it looked good before at glances, but it really just sort of hit me over the head like an anvil all of the sudden. It's the real deal for sure and it's nice that it is coming from a new IP.

MDSLKTR

Watched both. Jumping from a building then possessing a civilian just before hitting the ground? Using your summoned rats for distraction then running away as one? Organizing "accidents" like in hitman? Secondary quests in unrelated levels that add another way of accomplishing the current objective? Fucking GOTY wow o_o

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can never remember my youtube login info... incredibly annoying.

Nelo Ice

Banned
OK will have to have this game day 1, Deus Ex was favorite game last year and Dishonored looks like it'll be that and then some.

ironcreed

Banned
Watched both. Jumping from a building then possessing a civilian just before hitting the ground? Using your summoned rats for distraction then running away as one? Organizing "accidents" like in hitman? Secondary quests in unrelated levels that add another way of accomplishing the current objective? Fucking GOTY wow o_o

My thoughts exactly. I thought this game had potential from just barely paying attention before, but it literally hit me like a ton of bricks today. It may be the most refreshing new IP I have seen in years. The depth, variety and mechanics are just killer.

Aranath

I lost count of how many times I said "holy shit" out loud watching the second video.

This and AC III are my two most anticipated games for this year, without a doubt.

Golden Cats...reminds me of something you collect in Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.

Enough of this, where's the Ganbare Goemon series?

Labadal

I have already seen this, but it was still worth to watch again. The dev commentary is good and explains things very well for anyone that is not familiar with the game. Looks like a game I will thoroughly enjoy. These types of games, if done correctly, are amazing.

I like how there's no visible mini map either. I don't know if there's a map in an inventory or menu screen (I'm sure there will be) but using maps in these games ruins the exploration. I won't be using one at all.

And people are bitching about that for Hitman Absolution not having a map, what with its own X-Ray vision and this game has its Dark vision to see enemies through walls and cones of vision.

Hypocrites the lot of ya! I'm loving this game more and more, it'll be pretty tough GoTY competition when this comes out.

Top Bottom