• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored - PC performance thread

JRW

GTX 670 factory overclocked / 306.97 drivers / Win 64.

Weird issue, my temps are fine (40°C while playing) and no graphical artefacts of any sort. But as I've said it only happened to me twice.
I've been reading the Bethesda forums and many people have experienced problems (even BSODs) and I hope that Arkane is working on a patch.

Hopefully it's just a compatibility or driver issue w/ the 600 series cards, but I know sometimes that error can indicate a possible RMA request, if you start seeing it with other games I'd look into it or email your card manufacture and see what they think, I had a problem with my previous EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked edition (random black screen + freeze during gaming) and they RMA'd it quickly without a fuss.

Waaghals

Haven't been able to test dishonored again today.. but I reset the SMC on my retina macbook pro and my Guild Wars 2 framerate went from 15 to 45.. so I'm thinking Dishonored will perform more in line with the previously reported results..

yeah I have this problem as well.
Every time I update I have to reset SMC or GPU clocks gets locked to 200mhz.

Its like fucking Windows Millennium all over again.

Btw Make sure you boot into OS X first, and not windows or the changes won't save.

Um...This happened to me a couple of times already along with those white streaks across screen when moving the camera:

fO4u0.jpg

Specs:

K2dqI.jpg

bqbXA.jpg

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 OC'd to 3.2GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM
Radeon 6950 2GB Sapphire DiRT3 Edition, max. temp ~60C when gaming.
Win 7 x64

No problems in any other game, just Dishonored.
Playing it on Steam, haven't touched a thing in any of the .ini files, etc.

Will try the new Catalyst Drivers and see if it helps.

Um...This happened to me a couple of times already along with those white streaks across screen when moving the camera:

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 OC'd to 3.2GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM
Radeon 6950 2GB Sapphire DiRT3 Edition, max. temp ~60C when gaming.
Win 7 x64

No problems in any other game, just Dishonored.
Playing it on Steam, haven't touched a thing in any of the .ini files, etc.

Will try the new Catalyst Drivers and see if it helps.

If you never had this problems befor its maybe just the game or the driver.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Alright I know nothing about how to get the best out of my specs for any game. haha

Here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor 3.30 GHZ
8 GB RAM
Radeon HD 5700 Series
Win 7 x64

Some guidance and setup help on how to get the best out of this game would be much appreciated. :)

Edit: Hmmmm going back through the thread are my only options for AA the MLAA and FXAA because of Radeon card?

If you never had this problems befor its maybe just the game or the driver.
It's most certainly a specific issue with Dishonored since all other games work fine. I installed Catalyst 12.10 and latest CAP but I couldn't test it last night. Will try today and post the results. Fingers crossed.

samdavis

Neo Member
I've switched between the Nvidia Inspector setting given here, and the default, global profile, and I see no difference at all (I've applied the changes).

Does applying the default setting to both the specific game profile, and changing the active profile to the default global one effectively remove those settings from the driver, allowing you to start anew?

I previous did NOT have the DX1? field activated and after doing that I noticed that DX was installed as Steam was booting the game up (I launched it from the .exe though), but the graphics look no different.

I've got the latest version of Inspector, and the latest Nvidia drivers.

EDIT: I DID get the little bit of the environment showing through the black bars in cutscenes though so something must have been activated.

Perhaps I'm confusing my screens with the downsampled images that often get posted here.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Could someone with the latest nVidia drivers (314.22) please tell me if SGSSAA still works? Because it sure as fuck wont work for me.

0x0000001C
Behavior: None
Mode: Override application
4xMSAA
4xSGSSAA
16xAF
-1.000 LOD Bias
Driver controlled LOD bias: On
Negative LOD bias: Allow
Texture Quality: High Quality

I played through the game once on my GTX 570 with these settings and it worked fine. I cannot for the life of me force any kind of AA with these settings on my GTX 670.

Could someone with the latest nVidia drivers (314.22) please tell me if SGSSAA still works? Because it sure as fuck wont work for me.

0x0000001C
Behavior: None
Mode: Override application
4xMSAA
4xSGSSAA
16xAF
-1.000 LOD Bias
Driver controlled LOD bias: On
Negative LOD bias: Allow
Texture Quality: High Quality

I played through the game once on my GTX 570 with these settings and it worked fine. I cannot for the life of me force any kind of AA with these settings on my GTX 670.

Use 0x080000C1 instead of the one you've got. Works just fine for me with those settings.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cheers guys. Easy fix: I was using 1C when I should have been using C1. Because I'm a moron.

rodan

Neo Member
A bit new around here so apologies if this breaks etiquette rules, this was the most appropriate thread i could find.

I'm wanting edit the ini file to swap movement/looking sticks on a pad. So left to look and right to move. I.e. southpaw. Could anyone guide me on which lines to edit.

Top Bottom