• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney acquiring LucasFilm for 4.05 billion dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
This means Avengers 2 and Star Wars VII in 2015, what an insanely smart thing for Disney to do.

I am actually legitimately excited to see what someone else will do with the franchise.

Also, perhaps this will allow the live action show to finally resurface after being on the backburner for years?

I'm still at a loss of words. Still trying to process this. I'm utterly shocked, surprised, excited, uncertain, hopeful.... I can't believe that we not only get this announcement but they announced Episode VII. I'm mind is being overloaded with the concept of this happening.

My daughter is only 2, maybe in a couple years.

It's not just a kids show. Heck, I find it hard to recommend it as a kids show. It's a got a lot of mature themes in it, and there is a lot of death surrounding the series. It's good Star Wars.

bengraven

And does this mean that Marvel gets the Star Wars license back?

They've done good with muppets, they've done good with marvel.

Buy away Disney!

Yeah, I know, but I'm a bit nervous. It's the fucking Mouse.

If they do my plan of a stand alone Star Wars film by an elite director/writer team every 2-3 years I'd be okay though.

Xater

Greatest news ever!

Lucas no longe rin charge of Star Wars is awesome. Now I can have hope again for the franchise. I also hope that Disney can now release the theatrical cuts of Episode 4-6.

Celegus

That sure came out of nowhere. Could be cool though, not like anything worthwhile has come of the Star Wars name lately. They were probably smart to sell now before the brand loses even more value.

Rich!

So...if that $4bn went straight to Lucas as the sole owner, how does he stack up against the worlds richest people? Gotta be near the top now, surely?

Or not?

disney knows how to make money and had done wonders with marvel licensing. I expect the same from lucas. They would also be getting some rights to the next indiana jones if there is one. As well as videogames (monkey island). They are paying the same they did for marvel. I hope ILM is in the deal too. Having a special effects wing that did their best movies (pirates, iron man/avengers) would be golden.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Looking at how Disney has handled the likes of Pixar and Marvel, I am not so worried about Lucasfilm.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
304420_10151162211914617_790576499_n-361x550.jpg

Man I really thought Lucas was going to take this franchise to the grave with him. And I'm kind of disappointed he didn't. Although he's turned into a talentless hack, I really liked just how much he hated big studios and larger companies.

destrudo

Star Wars - Episode VII - The Return of Mark Hamill's Career

Seriously though, I could see him back as an Obi Wan like character.

Like everyone else though, I'm pretty shocked (excited) to hear this. I figured there would be a new trilogy at some point, but not completely out of the blue like this. Hopefully they'll finally release the unaltered original trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom