• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds launch trailer

Pachimari

I thought there were already a Falcon figure?

I hope Battlegrounds have online play (?), gonna watch the trailer now.

Bm314uI.jpg

Memory

Is there another trailer somewhere, checked this one out after the power stone comparisons. It looks nothing like power stone...

I don't like the art style but if the gameplay is like powerstone I'll certainty pick it up.

I need the figure to choose characters right? No built in characters?

Edit: Watched the second video. Im still not getting many power stone vibes. PS big thing was character transformations and items, the perspective is also different, I can't see the mechanics being the same. The stages thing is cool but it looks more like the X-men/marvel hero's games to me. Still I'm curious to see the finished product.

Is there another trailer somewhere, checked this one out after the power stone comparisons. It looks nothing like power stone...

I don't like the art style but if the gameplay is like powerstone I'll certainty pick it up.

I need the figure to choose characters right? No built in characters?

You need the figures and the base game. This is just an add-on for Disney Infinity 3.0.

Battlegrounds will likely cost $25 - $35. That's the normal price for the play sets. The starter pack includes the Star Wars play set and goes for about $65 at Gamestop.

*Sigh* If only there was a way to experience all of this without spending a fortune.

Well if you don't care about figures, you can experience all there is to offer in the PC version for substantially less than the console versions. Especially if you look to ebay for the codes.

Memory

You need the figures and the base game. This is just an add-on for Disney Infinity 3.0.

Battlegrounds will likely cost $25 - $35. That's the normal price for the play sets. The starter pack includes the Star Wars play set and goes for about $65 at Gamestop.

Thanks for the info.

Well if you don't care about figures, you can experience all there is to offer in the PC version for substantially less than the console versions. Especially if you look to ebay for the codes.

How does this work exactley, the PC version has a way to use all the characters without the figures? Guess I'll look into this abit more a d see if its viable for me.

I have a feeling that we're going to see an every-character version of this playset in the next version of the game, in the same way that Escape From The Kyln got remade into an 'everyone' playset with Toy Box Takeover.

But even if they don't do that, this seems pretty rad.

Would love a Daredevil figure myself.

I've just kind of dropped off comics in the past few months after getting into them with New 52's launch out of DC back in 2011, but I've established that Cap (retroactively read Winter Soldier and loved his portrayal in Born Again, and enjoy his fresher portrayal in the cinematic universe), Daredevil (introduced to the character via Mark Waid's run, which I know is not the same usual tone for the character but it was enough to get me into the character), and Ant-Man (Scott Lang -- via Matt Fraction's brief run on FF, and then the following solo series by Nick Spencer) are my favorites. I really like Spidey from just my out-of-comics exposure to him growing up, but my attempts to get into the contemporary Spidey comic books never really resonated with me.

Anyway, already pre-ordered the set from Amazon to get the new Cap figure. Really want the Ant-Man and Black Panther ones, too. Don't really play Infinity as a multiplayer game, though, so I might just use the figures to run through the Toybox Takeover, which I've yet to really complete.

Is the game update going to revamp all of the combat styles of the older figures? I inherited the entire Guardians of the Galaxy cast from a friend of mine, but I really only like playing Star-Lord and Rocket -- they kinda feel like lite Jak & Daxter/Ratchet & Clank inspired characters.

EDIT:

Also, since I didn't see anyone else post it -- appears Amazon discounts the Battlegrounds Playset to $19.99 ($10 off) when you pre-order. It also mentions the Prime discount below, but I'm not sure if it stacks with the pre-order price.

Link -- fixed

Pachimari

Iron Fist is already in Ultimate Spider-Man. The inclusions of Daredevil & Jessica Jones would promote adult material.
Just make a line for the comics. Doesn't have to be so complicated. I would agree with JJ but a kids friendly version of DD in his comic red would be swell.

How do the alternate costumes work in this? How do the characters work in this? Everything looks so different from normal Infinity it's kind of blowing my mind. This is practically a separate game.

Hell, they should sell a Marvel starter with this thing.

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?p=173221#p173221
to answer some questions ...

battlegrounds = story campaign mode
super hero = 1 player becomes "it" the super hero and the other players all attack that player. if another player defeats "it" they then become the super hero
hero af the hill = get inside the moving circle and keep other players out. whoever controls the circle longest wins. this can be done in teams or individually
rumble = every player for themselves and whoever scores most wins
custom = customise the settings of the different modes including health levels of characters, length of time rounds last, difficulty

only some of the arenas have a breakable floor that gives access to another level below. there are no more than 2 levels in any arena

figures and power discs need to be scanned in at each gaming session that the play set is used

each week a new digital trial version character from one of the figures that are available physically will be available (try before you buy sort of thing)
-

Top Bottom