• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney moves Avatar sequels, Announces new Star Wars films

crowbrow

Banned
Can I suggest you ignore Disney then and concentrate on other films that are coming out.
Maybe you could create a thread about lesser known films and let people know about them.
;)

Oh I pretty much have been ignoring them now. The last Star Wars film I saw was Rogue One and the last superhero movie I don't even remember... I think it was Deadpool on Netflix but I don't remember the last one I saw on the movies (could have been Dr. Strange).

But yeah it is a good idea. I really like films and I have quiet a few less known good ones to recommend. :)

Jon Neu

Banned
Our favorite people in the world

giphy.gif

0-CEDF0-BB-65-FD-4-B4-C-98-A2-82-C9780-C9439.jpg

7-B7-E2-F33-13-D5-4-E1-E-8-E8-D-31-EB0-B0-BE4-C8.jpg

This list makes me want to put a bullet in my head.

Remember that South Park skit where Indiana Jones and the Stromtroopers get raped by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas? Replace Spielberg and Lucas with Mickey and it’s accurate now.

This is dystopian. Why must they take all that is good and grind it to dust?

This does feel like this is how Hollywood dies, total creative bankruptcy + overly politicized = who gives a shit anymore?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I tried to rewatch Avatar recently.
Pandora is a nicely designed world and I'm sure Avatar 2 will be visually stunning but the rest of the film is incredibly cheesy, predictable and mostly poor acted.

Unless he's got some crazy new visual technology to showcase and carry the movie like last time, then these sequels are going to need to be dramatically better movies.

Not at all, these companies are literally too big to fail. First Avatar just ripped of Ferngully and everyone jokes about it now but it made a ton of money. That’s the only thing that matters for any of this. None of these films need to reach any bar of quality. They simply need to stamp out more product using the IP they own and market it. People will go see these movies because they will be the only things playing in many theaters.

What you think of the bad story or cheesy acting doesn’t matter at all if they have your money. If they have your money that is a vote for more of the same. Quality is irrelevant. Criticism will be weaponised to make you seem like a toxic fan. All that matter is you giving them your money upfront

It is so disconcerting and looking at that list I actively weep for culture. Rehashes remakes and regurgitated crap from now until the end of time

Last edited:
Top Bottom