• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Technika Tune |OT| Fashionably Late to the Vita Dance Floor

Wonko_C

This came out of left field to me. I was looking forward to Technika Q. I even thought a Technika Tune 2 announcement was imminent.

:(

Roubjon

Jeez... I just saw this on twitter. The DJMAX games fueled my love for rhythm games, it's a shame they're over. They are and always will be some of my favorite games.

Rest in beats, yo.

Firehead

Ended up picking this up the other week. Had heard great things about the game and felt it wouldn't be getting a price drop any time soon.

And now I see this bad news. Blah. :(

I'm enjoying the hell out of the game though! Just... still playing on easy.

cj_iwakura

So correct me if I'm wrong, but to play the DJ MAX I downloaded from the J-PSN, I have to insert a new card, format the system, set it to JP region, then undo all that to go back to US?

Roubjon

So correct me if I'm wrong, but to play the DJ MAX I downloaded from the J-PSN, I have to insert a new card, format the system, set it to JP region, then undo all that to go back to US?

I think that's right. I haven't done it before, but I'm pretty sure that's what people said you have to do. Basically get comfortable with unsorted bubbles.

cj_iwakura

Boy is this a hurdle coming off of classic DJ MAX. Videos are gorgeous, but I still don't quite 'get' the hold notes with the pink bars.

The fact that the tutorial was in JP probably didn't help.

Step is a LOT more fun on DJ MAX than Pump It Up.

Roubjon

You drag your finger on the bubble on the yellow hold notes. The straight purple bars are different. What you do there is tap on the main bubble whenever the lightbar crosses one of the little purple nubs coming off of the purple bar. So you are tapping the same place every time. They take some getting used to yeah. I honestly just used the backtouch control method, because it found the main screen got WAY too croweded with both my hands playing in front. This kinda sucks though because it isn't the way the game was meant to be played, but oh well. I managed. It was fun for a good while but there is only so much they can do with small screen and the charts get boring.

Classic DJMAX is way better.

cj_iwakura

Wow, didn't expect Sampling Masters MEGA. I thought Hosoe only used that alias for Beatmania.

Hanz Up was not nearly as fun as it was in DJMP3. I need to play Portable 3 on here, I bet it's gorgeous.

Just need to play my favorites and I'll be happy. I bet Oblivion~Rockin' Night Style~ is a late unlock, isn't it?
Never mind! There it is.

None of the new tracks seem that great, aside from the classical remixes.

Well. RNS having an actual video instead of still images is certainly flashy.

Roubjon

I thought some of the later unlocked songs, like XEUS, were pretty good. It also has a really fun chart too. I've also always been a fan of third coast, which is good for me because they are one of the few artists who never left the entire time. JC magic for everyone.

I'm not the biggest fan of that J-Pop group that was thrown in their, but their songs are catchy I guess. Clazziquai is way better.

cj_iwakura

I thought some of the later unlocked songs, like XEUS, were pretty good. It also has a really fun chart too. I've also always been a fan of third coast, which is good for me because they are one of the few artists who never left the entire time. JC magic for everyone.

I'm not the biggest fan of that J-Pop group that was thrown in their, but their songs are catchy I guess. Clazziquai is way better.

Imagine if this had been in. Now that's hi res video!

cj_iwakura

I love whoever at Pentavision decided to throw in Rockin' Night Style instead of vanilla Oblivion. Both are great, but RNS has only ever been in one game before this.

I even did a Stepmania chart to it once. (Which I still have if anyone wants it, did it as a Pump chart.)

Club Mode doesn't mess around. How does turning off the back touch screen affect the rear note charts?

Cheddahz

Banned
It's a shame that the series is basically dead now. I bought a physical copy of this when I got my Vita and I really do enjoy the game

Totally random bump: VideoGamesPlus has either commissioned a reprint or somehow dug up some stock of the physical Technika Tune (presumably non-LE). They're selling them for $49.99.

Too rich for my blood, seeing as how I already own the digital version, but figured someone here might be interested!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Totally random bump: VideoGamesPlus has either commissioned a reprint or somehow dug up some stock of the physical Technika Tune (presumably non-LE). They're selling them for $49.99.

Too rich for my blood, seeing as how I already own the digital version, but figured someone here might be interested!

HOLY SHIT

I was playing Technika Q today and was hesitating on either grabbing DLC for that game or getting Tune digitally. Since I have a very small memory card I'm all in for a physical version. Thank you so much for the heads up, honestly this is thread worthy.

Top Bottom