• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Technika Tune |OT| Fashionably Late to the Vita Dance Floor

It's a really fun game. Honestly whenever I turn my Vita on I have to do at least a few sets on the game, it's pretty much in my card slot all the time. If you guys are on the fence about it, just get it if you like music/rhythm games. I have no regrets paying the extra price and supporting the devs - such an awesome game.

GcRayden

Order came in today from play asia, amazing rhythm game. Buy it!

How long did it take to get to you? I'm in the USA and it shipped from Hong Kong, I was wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to get here?

It's not that I'm impatient, just that I ordered it economy air and it's coming via USPS and our USPS driver doesn't leave packages. Seriously, the guy doesn't come to the door, he just puts the mail in the mailbox and leaves a note inside saying I wasn't home and then I have to waste gas money to pick it up on the weekend. I have to literally wait by the mailbox when he gets here (apartment building, so I have to run out and check for him every half hour, from 11am to 5pm). I've called the post office about the problem and the driver; they just ignore me, so whatever.

I don't want to miss it and I can't wait to play it, it is going to be so awesome!!

How long did it take to get to you? I'm in the USA and it shipped from Hong Kong, I was wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to get here?

It's not that I'm impatient, just that I ordered it economy air and it's coming via USPS and our USPS driver doesn't leave packages. Seriously, the guy doesn't come to the door, he just puts the mail in the mailbox and leaves a note inside saying I wasn't home and then I have to waste gas money to pick it up on the weekend. I have to literally wait by the mailbox when he gets here (apartment building, so I have to run out and check for him every half hour, from 11am to 5pm). I've called the post office about the problem and the driver; they just ignore me, so whatever.

I don't want to miss it and I can't wait to play it, it is going to be so awesome!!

I've got a mailman (I mean mail person) like that. Feaking drives me crazy. I mean i live in a house so there is no excuse for him not ringing the doorbell.

namDa65

I ordered fedex so it took 1.5 days from hong kong :) to eastern ontario. (Near new york)

I heard economy takes a long time.

Okay we need to do this competition. I think the easiest way would be to do two of them at the same time: (1) an easy one so as not to alienate the beginners consisting of one song on Pop mixing with no equipment enhancements (my suggestion for week one is Kara Jump); and (2) a set on club mixing just going in order through the different albums. This would be for more advance players. Difficulty on normal and no equipment enhancements. When you are happy with your score you take a screen shot of the results screen. We use the honor system on the rules of difficulty setting and no equipment enhancements.

What do you all think?

Roubjon

I'm up for anything in order to keep the game relevant. Honestly, the easiest thing would be to pick a Club Mixing set and then just say HIGHEST SCORE GO!

Genki

ebSd14n.jpg
Finally. Took me way longer than it should have.

Does anyone else have issues with Heart Beat Part 2? It's completely bugged for me; it routintely loses the hit sounds a little bit into it, which is disconcerting to say the least. The game crashes a bit too often too, really think it could use a patch. No friend leaderboards or detailed stats would be easy fixes... Oh well.

I switched from back touch to front before that last trophy — for some reason I thought back touch was forced on Club so I played with thumbs and backtouch until then, lol. Small hands means that was a very bad idea. Just level 99 left for Platinum now, but that will be much more fun and less repetitive since I'll be improving scores for club mix sets and most importantly playing varied stuff. Too bad no score competitions happened...

Does anyone else have issues with Heart Beat Part 2? It's completely bugged for me; it routintely loses the hit sounds a little bit into it, which is disconcerting to say the least. The game crashes a bit too often too, really think it could use a patch. No friend leaderboards or detailed stats would be easy fixes... Oh well.

I don't know about that in particular, but there's a known bug where keysounds can die if you use Anti-Break.

Genki

I don't know about that in particular, but there's a known bug where keysounds can die if you use Anti-Break.

Aha, that is the reason then. It was happening at a certain place where I usually missed the end of a hold — to the point where I thought it might be a part of the bug — but in reality it was surely just me being terrible.

Wonko_C

Finally. Took me way longer than it should have.

I switched from back touch to front before that last trophy — for some reason I thought back touch was forced on Club so I played with thumbs and backtouch until then, lol. Small hands means that was a very bad idea. Just level 99 left for Platinum now, but that will be much more fun and less repetitive since I'll be improving scores for club mix sets and most importantly playing varied stuff. Too bad no score competitions happened...

Awww ya beat me to it, I was planning on posting a pic too once I got the trophy. :p

3lOdsj6.jpg

Love how I went at first from having no interest in earning trophies for this game because it looked impossible to only having 2 left (the grinding ones).

I have no idea how I pulled off that 96.4% in Heart Beat Pt. 2, my hands were shaking midway through the song, LOL. I do 90%-92% on average, with a couple of 94% on occasion, it saved me from my dismal performance on First Kiss.

Genki

98.0% ftw, heh.

I don't understand how these numbers match up... I'm guessing my score is higher because it's based on level(which is terrible btw)? The combo bonus in particular is weird, how does that work? Did you avoid using fever a lot, or is that score odd too?

Playing harder Club Mixes now, pretty challenging, heh. Had to go back to normal for the time being. Are the rankings worldwide? I kind of hope not for the sake of the game.

Were you playing on Hard when you took that screenshot, Genki? I forget whether your level affects the score, but difficulty definitely does; I think setting it to Easy/Hard gives you 80%/120% of your regular score.

Wonko_C

98.0% ftw, heh.

I don't understand how these numbers match up... I'm guessing my score is higher because it's based on level(which is terrible btw)? The combo bonus in particular is weird, how does that work? Did you avoid using fever a lot, or is that score odd too?

Playing harder Club Mixes now, pretty challenging, heh. Had to go back to normal for the time being. Are the rankings worldwide? I kind of hope not for the sake of the game.

Honestly, I don't know. I think I was playing on hard but I'm not sure (most likely, normal). I used Fever+27 and Autofever. I'm guessing it had to do with the combo, which I broke several times throughout the mix. Yours was a lot more consistent.

Genki

Were you playing on Hard when you took that screenshot, Genki? I forget whether your level affects the score, but difficulty definitely does; I think setting it to Easy/Hard gives you 80%/120% of your regular score.

Yeah, that would account for the main score then.

Honestly, I don't know. I think I was playing on hard but I'm not sure (most likely, normal). I used Fever+27 and Autofever. I'm guessing it had to do with the combo, which I broke several times throughout the mix. Yours was a lot more consistent.

The bonus scores are still mystifying though. I had the longer combo, but much lower max combo bonus. I used anti break 5, maybe triggering anti break — which I'm apt to do — destroys the bonus? Also I had a far higher fever bonus, but no auto fever, so I probably used fever less. Maybe I used it in more dense areas, but I don't see how that would amount to a 300+% as big bonus.

Roubjon

Fever mode doesn't give any type of "bonus" points. When Fever ends, the +XXX points that it gives is simply how many points you would have gotten if you actually got 100% max on all of those notes you hit without fever mode activated. That's why if you activate fever and actually manage to get 100% on all of the notes you hit, it says +0 points.

The scoring system is pretty odd in this game though. I don't understand why they made it so you get bonus points the higher level you are.

Genki

Ohhh. That's useful. I usually get lazy once I activate fever, so that makes sense. Cool that there's a way to gauge that.

Koroviev

Fever mode doesn't give any type of "bonus" points. When Fever ends, the +XXX points that it gives is simply how many points you would have gotten if you actually got 100% max on all of those notes you hit without fever mode activated. That's why if you activate fever and actually manage to get 100% on all of the notes you hit, it says +0 points.

The scoring system is pretty odd in this game though. I don't understand why they made it so you get bonus points the higher level you are.

So you play a whole lot :p

chuckycem

Guys i have been searching all over but can not get an answer.
Do you guys know if the Japan version has English language support? (Planning to buy it from Playasia with 25% coupon)
Thanks in advance.

Wonko_C

Guys i have been searching all over but can not get an answer.
Do you guys know if the Japan version has English language support? (Planning to buy it from Playasia with 25% coupon)
Thanks in advance.

There is a demo of it on the Japanese PSN. Why don't you try it out? It's been a long time since I played the demo but I think it didn't have language selection options (the Korean version does... maybe?). IIRC only the options screen is in Japanese, the rest of the game is in English. The game should be 99% import friendly, anyway. (Don't know about the trophies, though.)

EDIT: Nevermind, check this video of the Japanese version, it's practically all in English with only descriptions in Japanese, which aren't totally needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfdDwuVVUe0

EDIT 2: Korean version has an English language option. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2uy95xAeC_g#!

Wonko_C

I knew switching accounts back and forth would one day mess me up (can't stop playing PSO2). I went back from Lv92 to 88 (four days progress), from 1000+ songs played to 950 too. I don't know what happened, I made sure to back up my save to my PS3, PC and the cloud. At least I still keep the 1000 songs trophy, and still have my S+ Popping-Like record intact.

Genki

Grats. I've barely made any exp progress, heh. It's too bad that failing grants no experience; pushing hard club sets is the most entertaining to me.

Roubjon

Bisonyes.gif

Bring on Technika Tune 2!

Nice. All I have left to do is play 1000 songs and get to level 99. As enjoyable as the game is, it got too simple way too fast and there isn't much challenge to it any more. All I can really do is replay the same 10ish songs that I kind of like and are relatively difficult. It got old :( Which is a shame because of how freaking awesome Portable 1 through Black Square were.

Wonko_C

Wow, grats. how long did it take? I eventually want to get it as well

I don't know how long but I estimate about a hundred hours, which isn't really much considering I try to play it daily since launch for at least a few minutes.

Nice. All I have left to do is play 1000 songs and get to level 99. As enjoyable as the game is, it got too simple way too fast and there isn't much challenge to it any more. All I can really do is replay the same 10ish songs that I kind of like and are relatively difficult. It got old :( Which is a shame because of how freaking awesome Portable 1 through Black Square were.

Heh, I'm happy to be able to play pop mixing songs and be "decent" at them. Club mixing sets from the 3rd onwards probably took away 5 years of my lifespan, so I'm glad I didn't have to play them much and still be able to platinum it.

Cheddahz

Banned
My copy of it came in the mail today and well, I'm loving it, though I am finding it a little on the hard side. The touch screen notes are perfect for me, but the rear touch notes are the ones that are killing me

Genki

My copy of it came in the mail today and well, I'm loving it, though I am finding it a little on the hard side. The touch screen notes are perfect for me, but the rear touch notes are the ones that are killing me

You can play front touch screen only. Oh, and you can touch wherever on the back touch if you didn't know.

Had a weird bug today. Attained level 95, then level 96 on the very next song clear. Wouldn't be too sad to have it happen again.

Wonko_C

You can play front touch screen only. Oh, and you can touch wherever on the back touch if you didn't know.

Had a weird bug today. Attained level 95, then level 96 on the very next song clear. Wouldn't be too sad to have it happen again.

That happened to me twice actually. Both times it seemed that playing Club Mixing until the xp bar is nearly full, then playing 3 more songs in Free Style (1 to finish filling the bar, 1 more to level up and a last one to level up a second time since the bar was still full), is what caused it. Actually the second time I was looking to trigger it and it worked. Went from LV97 to 99 that way.

Did it happen like that on your end?

Cheddahz

Banned
I tried to play using the touch screen only, but it gets too crazy trying to use two different fingers on the screen at the same time. I mainly think it's more of a issue that I need to find a position that is comfortable for me while I play the game

Genki

That happened to me twice actually. Both times it seemed that playing Club Mixing until the xp bar is nearly full, then playing 3 more songs in Free Style (1 to finish filling the bar, 1 more to level up and a last one to level up a second time since the bar was still full), is what caused it. Actually the second time I was looking to trigger it and it worked. Went from LV97 to 99 that way.

Did it happen like that on your end?

I was S-Ranking the remaining pop mixing songs absentmindedly while listening to a podcast, so I was probably getting really low exp per song. The full bar but no level thing could easily have happened, but I wasn't paying attention until the level up flash appeared again.

Genki

10 more.

Individual Song Unlocks:

DJ Level 3: Hello Pinky
DJ Level 6: Back to Life
DJ Level 9: EGG
DJ Level 12: Oohlala
DJ Level 24: Fallen Angel
DJ Level 30: ShowDown
DJ Level 32: Thor
DJ Level 34: The MAX
DJ Level 36: DarkPrism
DJ Level 38: SuperNova
DJ Level 40: Angel
DJ Level 42: Emblem
DJ Level 44: Silenc Clarity
DJ Level 46: Xeus
DJ Level 48: SigNalize
DJ Level 50: Renovation

Club Mixing Set Unlocks:

DJ Level 10: Instrumental Set
DJ Level 20: Rock to the Rhythm Set
DJ Level 30: Nostalgia Set
DJ Level 40: Freaky Garden Set
DJ Level 45: Sound Lab Set
DJ Level 50: Dark Abyss Set

Genki

Actually the second time I was looking to trigger it and it worked. Went from LV97 to 99 that way.

Aww yeah, made it work too. Only this time it levelled straight from 97 to 99 in one song. Second Platinum trophy after Guacamelee which was shall we say a lot less effort.

I see I fell out of gold while playing the easier modes, lol. Will keep playing to improve Club Mixing scores. Bad choice to have note skins affect stats; can't play with the most aesthetically pleasing skin freely. Don't like the +50% fever one at first glance.

cj_iwakura

I like how the only game available on Technikatune.com now is... a Technika 3 cabinet. At least it has free shipping!

There was a Technika cabinet once at Bird Bowl in Miami. It was gone after like a week, since it made no money. I forever regret missing it.

Roubjon

DJMax is basically dead, right? What a goddamn shame. It's by far one of my favorite game series. Rest in Beats DJMAX. May you ever be so fly and so fresh.

Top Bottom