• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Technika Tune |OT| Fashionably Late to the Vita Dance Floor

Mr. Al

This game is fantastic. I couldn't wait for this game and bought the Asian/English version last year. Worth every penny!!

For people that are having problems holding the Vita during game play, I recommend getting the controller style grips for it:

31OJ3caB5xL._SL75_AA32_.jpg

31phuQ0gx1L._SL75_AA32_.jpg

I recommend getting Hatsune Miku Project Diva. Top import Vita game IMO.

Verelios

I need to stop coming to GAF because you guys are causing me to spend all my money!

Damn, can I still get the limited edition or no?

branny

Unfortunately, I just resigned to the fact that my ring finger would be fucked after a long playing session. I use my middle finger to tap the rear touchpad, so that involves bracing the system with my index finger up top and ring/pinky finger below while it's cradled in my right hand (I'm a lefty).

Soul4ger

Wow, that LE is awesome. When was it available? I just found out that I'll be getting a substantial bonus from work at the end of this month. I'll be picking up a physical version of this. Very cool.

Chesskid1

Banned
want this game so bad because i love kara but i know i will be done with it in a month or so like every other music game.

please be like $20 soon!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a good place for my first GAF post. Picked up this game from a local import store and it's been great so far. Slowly getting better but haven't made it through any club mixes yet...

Roubjon

I played for a pretty decent chunk of time today. Trying to get to the #1 spot in the leaderboards is so addicting and it seems pretty doable too, as long as the people currently in first place stop playing the game, lol.

Genki

Nice OT, just in time! Imported it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Tomorrow I think! First game in the series for me, and first multi touch game.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Ahh about time this wonderful piece of work got an official thread!

Absolutely love the game. I'm not (comparatively) that good at it, but I like to play while I'm in the arcades from time to time too so the Vita provides good practice for that (even though it's three lanes versus four). Naturally I turned off rear touch controls because of this - so glad there's an option for that.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Oh this finally got made :0

Fun game and some good tracks, though I don't really enjoy touch screen otoge that much.

QaaQer

Thinking about getting this game. I already have so many PS+ Vita games to play, though!

Any chance this will go on sale, physical or digital?

You have to remember they need to pay royalties for songs, so this isn't ever going to be a free PSN+ or cheap game.

Roubjon

Does any know what's going on with the DLC tracks yet? Desperate for some Blythe :(

There hasn't been any news at all except for that one time where they mentioned it was going to happen a long time ago.

Honestly, my bet is that it is never going to happen.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
There hasn't been any news at all except for that one time where they mentioned it was going to happen a long time ago.

Honestly, my bet is that it is never going to happen.

I'm hoping you're wrong, especially since I'm also dying for Blythe!!

Considering that their community management still seems to be somewhat strong (for example, noticing this thread so fast and helping to promote it via facebook), I'd like to think there is still hope for some DLC.

Maybe they're watching this thread now, so let's all talk about songs we want to see! Haha

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Considering that their community management still seems to be somewhat strong (for example, noticing this thread so fast and helping to promote it via facebook), I'd like to think there is still hope for some DLC.

Maybe they're watching this thread now, so let's all talk about songs we want to see! Haha

Dreadnaught. With the George Bush video.

cj_iwakura

Hamsin. Imagine tapping out that.

bs000

Where can I buy a physical copy in Canada? I'd buy the digital version, but then I'd need to buy a new memory card. D:

Trigonx

Very very fun game. Never played a DJMAX game before, bought it off PSN with the hope that I'd like the game. Sure enough I wasn't disappointed. I'm slowly getting better day by day. For me the game was worth the $44.99 off the US PSN Store since I play a set or two(most times a lot more) every day. Gonna get that platinum this decade I swear.

Roubjon

I doubt DLC will ever come out because with DJMAX I feel like it's always better to expect the worse, otherwise you will be dissappointed lol. I'd love to be wrong though. There are so many songs from the previous games I'd love to play in this style. Anything by Tsukasa or M2U specifically. Clazziquai songs would be really neat too.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Playing Technika has made me crave another DJMAX Portable. Too bad PSN only has DJMP3 because I would seriously buy Black Square or DJMP2 if they ever released it. Hell, I'll even buy DJMP Fever.

cj_iwakura

Playing Technika has made me crave another DJMAX Portable. Too bad PSN only has DJMP3 because I would seriously buy Black Square or DJMP2 if they ever released it. Hell, I'll even buy DJMP Fever.

I'd pony up for a PSP if I were you, I'd say the odds of Clazziquai(my favorite) being rereleased are slim to none.

Roubjon

Do you guys know how to play the club version of HeartBeat Part 2? I'm assuming it's got to be a boss song for one of the clubs, but I can't figure out which songs I need to play. It's the last song I need to complete for that "Play every chart in the game" trophy.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Anything by Tsukasa or M2U specifically. Clazziquai songs would be really neat too.
That's my vote right here.

I'd love to get some DLC for this, but I'm not sure if it's ever going to happen. I'm open to the bestest of surprises, though!

Rahk

I bought Black Square on JPN PSN, which is good because JP version doesn't have the auto correct crap. I don't remember if the other games are there. Unfortunately I can't play it anymore since you now need another memory card to switch accounts. Waiting for a 64GB card to come out or prices to drop more.

Hopefully they make a new DJMax Portable for Vita. I don't think I like Technika as much, although I'm still enjoying it.

megalowho

All them Clazziquai bangers for sure. Also really like a lot of tracks that first showed up in Black Square - Honeymoon, Melody, Voyage, Sweet Shining Shooting Star, Play the Future. Any/all of those would be most welcome, my wallet is ready.

Where can I buy a physical copy in Canada? I'd buy the digital version, but then I'd need to buy a new memory card. D:

AFAIK the only way to get physical copies is to order them direct from their site or importing an Asian copy from like play-asia or whatever. Thing is, I'm not sure if the English/NA copies can be shipped to Canada. Couldn't hurt to contact them though - their customer service people are really friendly.

AFAIK the only way to get physical copies is to order them direct from their site or importing an Asian copy from like play-asia or whatever. Thing is, I'm not sure if the English/NA copies can be shipped to Canada. Couldn't hurt to contact them though - their customer service people are really friendly.

They'll ship it almost anywhere, but do NOT choose UPS if shipping to Canada. Use USPS only.

cj_iwakura

By the by, for you Virtue's Last Reward/999 fans, Son of Sun was indeed by the same composer, Shinji Hosoe(aka Sampling Masters MEGA).

ZeroAKA

Destructoid just posted a review (one of the few I've seen): http://www.destructoid.com/review-djmax-technika-tune-242328.phtml
Destructoid said:
DJMAX Technika Tune offers a smooth, enjoyably frustrating experience rooted in precisely-tuned gameplay fundamentals. It's presented attractively, with a level of engagement that relies on mechanics rather than sentiment and effectively transcends one's taste in music, which in the case of the arguably exotic track listing would present the highest initial barrier to entry. It may not be especially generous with the extras and fluff, but gets it all right where it counts the most, with the added bonus of making the PS Vita's touch gimmicks useful and relevant to play.

8/10
I'll have to get this at some point.

Oh man I have no idea how I'm going to get this. I've already lost hope in obtaining the platinum lol.

Which one, the combo trophy? It takes forever, but it's not hard as long as you do a few things:
1) Use anti-break equipment to give yourself a safety margin.
2) Set little goals like getting to the next level or getting to the next five thousand notes. 99999 is a ridiculous number, but you don't have to kill yourself getting there in one session.
3) Remember that you can save your combo even if you screw up by hitting the PS button and closing DJ Max from the Vita OS--as long as you do this before the song ends, you won't break your combo. (It'll be reset to whatever it was before you started the song, though.)

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Which one, the combo trophy? It takes forever, but it's not hard as long as you do a few things:
1) Use anti-break equipment to give yourself a safety margin.
2) Set little goals like getting to the next level or getting to the next five thousand notes. 99999 is a ridiculous number, but you don't have to kill yourself getting there in one session.
3) Remember that you can save your combo even if you screw up by hitting the PS button and closing DJ Max from the Vita OS--as long as you do this before the song ends, you won't break your combo. (It'll be reset to whatever it was before you started the song, though.)

Wow thanks for the tips!! I had no idea about number 3, that helps a lot thanks!

kiyomi

Much to my surprise I found my copy delivered to my door this morning. Pretty incredible seeing as it had to fly over the Atlantic and get through customs, having been shipped just last Wednesday. Well done to any handlers.

Just some basic, badly-played initial impressions now.

I kinda already knew I was gonna love it from the Japanese demo. I'm not a rhythm game guy at all but for whatever reason the front touchscreen controls make a tonne of sense to me and really have just clicked straight away. Tapping on the screen feels a lot more natural than pushing buttons and after a brief moment of acclimitization I felt right at home humming and tapping along to KARA.

I'm surprised at how much I like some of the music, I wouldn't have said much of it was particularly my cup of tea before I started playing, but there's only been one song I didn't like and that was mostly to do with it being at a slow tempo. Having come off several more intense songs it took me a few moments to adjust.

Haven't quite got to grips with the rear touchpad yet as I've mostly stuck to the Star Mix, but the couple of KARA songs I played with the rear touchpad controls were a little fiddly, especially when you're asked to almost simultaneously tap on the front as well. Though, it's a pleasant challenge I think, and not as irritating as I've read about. Haven't had too much trouble finding a comfortable position for it either, I just need more time to practice.

All in all I'm really enjoying it and I can tell many hours are gonna be spent S ranking. :3

Top Bottom