• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Technika Tune |OT| Fashionably Late to the Vita Dance Floor

Has anyone had the game lock up on them? I went to load up a new set and when I picked that blue bird song it froze. I forget a lot of the song names lmao.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Has anyone had the game lock up on them? I went to load up a new set and when I picked that blue bird song it froze. I forget a lot of the song names lmao.

Happened to me once, but a very long time ago and hasn't happened since. Thought it was just my Vita but I guess it must be a bug if it happened to you guys too.

kiyomi

Unfortunately there isn't any way to view your friends on the leaderboard. I guess the best place to do that would be in this thread, which would be fun.

Sounds like you are on the exact learning curve that most people go through, especially for someone relatively new to rhythm games. Play a little each day and move up the difficulty level of the songs (the amount of stars) one by one. Slowly things will start to click, and before you know it even the most difficult songs on club mixing will be do-able.

The slower pop-songs are generally a good place to start. I started with the K-Pop and Put Em Up (one of my fav songs). In saying that, some people like to just dive into the deep end and start with the faster-paced songs. Your score will progress from C to B to A and before you know it, you'll be getting S's.

Just keep at it! Even if you just pull it out for a quick set each day, it'll help you a lot.

Thanks! It's nice to know I'm not completely floundering by myself as a rhythm game noob. I'm mostly getting A or the basic S ranks on Pop mixing right now. Don't think I've managed a 100%, no break song yet.

Schobeleth said:

Yeah, twice. Relieved to see that it wasn't just me. :lol although as Roubjon says that song is pretty bad, and the animated sequence.. guh

As for score comparisons - it's pretty easy to upload images from the Vita but how exactly would people be interested in comparing? A more general comparison of scores on the overall leaderboard, or maybe we could choose a particular song or a set of songs to try and get scores for?

I finally moved onto pop mix guys! I'm getting more and more used to the back touch but it seems like it doesn't really care about placement of fingers when it comes to back touch? I'm really enjoying the increase in speed/difficulty though. I just now realized there are avatars with special bonuses.... lmao. This game is so amazing.

Roubjon

I finally moved onto pop mix guys! I'm getting more and more used to the back touch but it seems like it doesn't really care about placement of fingers when it comes to back touch? I'm really enjoying the increase in speed/difficulty though. I just now realized there are avatars with special bonuses.... lmao. This game is so amazing.

Yeah, you can put your fingers on the backtouch wherever you want. It doesn't matter.

hamchan

Unfortunately there isn't any way to view your friends on the leaderboard. I guess the best place to do that would be in this thread, which would be fun.

Wow, had no idea. I just assumed comparing friend scores would be in. That's actually the minimim expect from a game with leaderboards,

web01

Nice that we actually have an OT now.
Also a reminder for anyone didn't see in the defacto OT that the 3DS stand that came with Kid Icarus is perfect for holding the vita when playing this game.

Roubjon

It's taking such a long time to Platinum this game. All I need at this point is to get to max level and play 1000 songs. I'm currently level 84 with a 717 playcount.

Overall though, it's continuously becoming more fun as I keep getting better. I really want to S++ rank a harder song like End of the Moonlight or Angel on Club mode. Hell, I still seem to get random breaks at spots which can be annoying.

kiyomi

From the Vita thread ;

If you have something in mind let me know. I proposed a while back there should be a Technika Tune challenge in this thread (probably a 3 or 4 in Pop mixing, everyone would have to set difficulty to Normal and not use any DJ Icons to make the scores comparable). Could also be done in the OT but I fear it would have a lot of trouble being noticed there.

On the other hand, it might just get swamped in the Vita thread, haha. I think the idea of doing a set of 3-4 songs is good, and we can change the set up once everyone's had enough. There would be enough information in the final result screen, right?

Let's pick some songs!

I haven't really played much recently but I want to, since I'm kinda still floundering around on the Star mixing.

Roubjon

On the other hand, it might just get swamped in the Vita thread, haha. I think the idea of doing a set of 3-4 songs is good, and we can change the set up once everyone's had enough. There would be enough information in the final result screen, right?

Let's pick some songs!

I haven't really played much recently but I want to, since I'm kinda still floundering around on the Star mixing.

Yeah, we should definitely do this. I think it makes more sense to do it in here though, because like Monosukoi said, it will probably get swamped in the Vita thread. It wouldn't be a bad idea to mention it there though.

Yeah, we should definitely do this. I think it makes more sense to do it in here though, because like Monosukoi said, it will probably get swamped in the Vita thread. It wouldn't be a bad idea to mention it there though.

When I say run it in the Vita thread I mean make it the challenge in the OP, which is supposed to rotate monthly (like the current Gravity Rush challenge). No reason it can't be in both places, but I think getting it to be the monthly challenge would present the highest possible visibility.

The results screens not breaking down notes by % bugs the crap out of me. I'd want to know exactly how many MAX 70%s I got, not some magical average.

Roubjon

The results screens not breaking down notes by % bugs the crap out of me. I'd want to know exactly how many MAX 70%s I got, not some magical average.

I was thinking the same way the other day. Black Square and Clazziquai do this right? I forget if Portable 3 does considering I haven't played it in the longest time.

I'm kind of picky when it comes to songs so I'll probably leave it up to you guys to pick stuff - but some of my current favorites are End of the Moonlight or OBLIVION.

From the Vita thread ;

Let's pick some songs!

Great idea!!

I would suggest the following:

In the Tdot
Kung Fu Rider
Lupin
Mozart Symphony No.40

Also, to anyone having trouble holding the Vita while using the back touch screen, I recently bought a Nyko Power Grip from amazon and found that it is awesome for this game. I've heard that the stand from Kid Icarus Uprising is also useful, but I like to play this one in bed while the wife watches that damn show Downton Abbey.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
From the Vita thread ;

Let's pick some songs!

I'm all for this. Will get back a little later with a list of songs (at work at the moment).

From the Vita thread ;

Let's pick some songs!

Yes, let's do this. I'd love to get a score challenge going. The poor leaderboards has made me lose interest in this game faster than I would have liked. StarCreator, any idea when you'd be starting this up?

Here's my suggestion for songs:
Never Say
ShowDown
Cozy Quilt
Kung-Fu Rider
Mister
Light House
Wanna be your LOVER
End of the Moonlight

Yes, let's do this. I'd love to get a score challenge going. The poor leaderboards has made me lose interest in this game faster than I would have liked. StarCreator, any idea when you'd be starting this up?

Probably not this weekend; I'm going to be offline most of the time between Katsucon and overtime at work. I haven't even been able to spend time with the game because I have my JP PSN account on my Vita right now. I've seriously considered just getting a second Vita so I don't have to worry about which account is active at any given time; as it is I've already wasted three months of PS+ because I'm never on my US account!

Fusebox

Banned
Just got my copy today from play-asia. First impressions are that this game should be called DJMAX SEXYTIME because damned if I'm not mucking up my combos as a result of getting distracted by the beautiful babes in the video clips.

Roubjon

Just got my copy today from play-asia. First impressions are that this game should be called DJMAX SEXYTIME because damned if I'm not mucking up my combos as a result of getting distracted by the beautiful babes in the video clips.

'Dem ripped jeans.

5473872101.gif

kiyomi

Yeah ; Gyuri and Goo Hara will do that to you! The only thing I find is a shame is that KARA's Mr. doesn't have the actual MV. Hope you're enjoying the game and not just the girls. :p

Yeah I'm gonna have to save this gif. Thank you~ So are we doing a competition? :D
Do you have any ideas on how exactly we might do it? A mix of 3-4 songs which we can compare sounds good, but should we just post screenshots of our final result to see who does the best in a given time? Or come up with a more structured competition? I'll post more in the morning, kinda tired now, but we'll do something for sure.

Do you have any ideas on how exactly we might do it? A mix of 3-4 songs which we can compare sounds good, but should we just post screenshots of our final result to see who does the best in a given time? Or come up with a more structured competition? I'll post more in the morning, kinda tired now, but we'll do something for sure.

I might be able to take part in a bit of a competition but I really haven't played that much so I probably won't be too high up on the rankings. That said, would there be a focus on keeping things as even as possible? Meaning that there'd be set difficulty, back/front touch, the icon and note things, etc.? I know I generally play on Hard because I get much higher scores that way but some people might not have fun trying on Hard if they end up just losing a lot more often?

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing what sort of score challenge thing comes up and if I can find my Vita cable to get it charged up I'll probably aim to at least get some scores turned in.

Roubjon

I mean, it would be really easy if we chose to do one of the club mixing sets, but that might be too difficult for some, leaving them behind.

Probably best to keep it to something like one song every two weeks. All that has to be regulated as far as I know is mixing, difficulty (in options), and no use of items. Front and front+back have the same charts so that's just personal preference.

Roubjon

Probably best to keep it to something like one song every two weeks. All that has to be regulated as far as I know is mixing, difficulty (in options), and no use of items. Front and front+back have the same charts so that's just personal preference.

Yeah, you're right. That makes simple and manageable.

Now hurry up and pick a song, because you are the leader of the tribe here, lol.

Fusebox

Banned
Lol, good question. Don't worry I don't have one.

Although if I did I'd probably use it.

Or not. Maybe. I don't know how they feel.

Ugh, my freaking 3 year old daughter got her hands on my spare memory card that had this game on it. There is no freaking way I am going to find it. Damn, I should have known better than to leave my game case out in open view in the den.

So, what song are we doing?

I'm leaning toward Jumping, but I wanted to run through the song to make sure it wasn't -too- hard before declaring it. I haven't had time to even take my Vita out of its case all week - I've been working 12 hour days at work lately and last night my free time was dedicated to making graphics for the PSO2 Vita OT.

Roubjon

Have any of you gotten a platinum yet? Getting to 1000 playcounts and level 99 is taking so long lol. I still have 250 more plays to go and 12 more levels.

Also, I think one of the reasons I like traditional DJMAX more is because of how much more precise buttons are compared to a touch screen. Obviously this also has to do with skill as well, but it's freaking hard to hit buttons on a touchscreen compared to just normal buttons. It makes it so difficult to get full combos. I'm thinking playing it at the arcade would definitely make this easier.

hamchan

I'm just barely finishing level 7 club mixing sets. I have no idea how i'll finish the Dark Abyss set to get the all songs cleared trophy. I was thinking of grinding out the 99999 combo trophy right now at level 30 something so I can use it to get a lot of levels quickly.

Wonko_C

I'm using this guide but I stopped in the middle of my 99999 combo grind, (it's all Project Diva F's fault!) I'll continue in the next days. I don't see myself doing an S++ in Star Mixing, though, let alone 3 times in a row!

So what happened with the score competition? are we still doing it?

Top Bottom