• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DK Racing prototype exists, Rare thought MS would make a handheld, Timesplitters 2 HD

Fox Mulder

Do we even know WHY the F- MS needed rare? Except to make a statement? Or was that the whole point?

MS was new to the industry and wanted to make a statement with their money. I'm sure they actually intended for Rare to be something more, but they made mistakes managing them.

Oddduck

Hearing about timesplitters is so fucking depressing. It was just not meant to be.

I think TimeSplitters fans should just continue being vocal. I doubt it would cost Crytek much money to release Free Radical's HD version of TimeSplitters 2.

I think TimeSplitters fans should just continue being vocal. I doubt it would cost Crytek much money to release Free Radical's HD version of TimeSplitters 2.
Of course it wouldn't, but because we didn't have a million people replying on that Crytek guy's personal blog with their bank details and a bunch of frymoney.gifs, nobody wants it. TimeSplitters will never return because Crytek don't have any interest in putting out an official gauge of consumer demand.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
TimeSplitter 2 HD exists yet does not exist fucking generation sucks.

jimi_dini

Nintendo should buy it and then release it exclusively on Wii U.
So we would get to play it and also get insane meltdowns ... again. :D

Sooner or later someone will release it
hopefully
. Why create a HD version and then not release it? It's not some generic FPS, it's Timesplitters for god's sake. 60fps. 1080p.

BD1

Banned
In my dreams Microsoft decides to sell back to Nintendo the great IP that they think doesn't connect with the "Xbox audience." All those great characters back on Nintendo systems.

And then Nintendo decides to Bayonetta 2 the next Time Splitters.

Man, every time Rare talks now i get a little more depressed. I don't know if my heart can make it much longer in the cycle, all of these good companies just keep dying, or turning into map pack developers.

Rare just needs a hands off approach. Let them do what they want (within reason) and realize your fucking them over at every turn MS. Whomever is calling the shots above them needs replaced with someone who has a better grip on the studio and the gaming market in general.

Fox Mulder

Rare just needs a hands off approach. Let them do what they want (within reason) and realize your fucking them over at every turn MS. Whomever is calling the shots above them needs replaced with someone who has a better grip on the studio and the gaming market in general.

It's too late, then Rare everyone loved is gone. They'll continue to make the avatar kinect bullshit that MS wants from them and sells well.

Pyrokai

Wasn't there a bundle of other Rare tidbits that recently unsurfaced? I'd love to be pointed to them if there were...thanks!

whitehawk

Banned
Donkey Kong Racing was advertised on the back of launch Gamecube Boxes. I was so hyped because I loved Diddy Kong Racing. 9 year old me was lied to
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom