• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DK Vine - RUMOR: David Wise composing on a new Nintendo game?

@MUWANdo

Banned
I guess a third DKC game from Retro would be pretty neat. It's not my preference, but Tropical Freeze was fantastic (Returns was solid too) so I wouldn't be disappointed with more of that.

Retro's been inching towards full 3D environments with every game, so I'd like to think a hypothetical DKCR3 would be fully 3D A-to-B platformer--think Mario 3D World, not DK64.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Retro's been inching towards full 3D environments with every game, so I'd like to think a hypothetical DKCR3 would be fully 3D A-to-B platformer--think Mario 3D World, not DK64.

I actually mentioned that when they first revealed the "3D" level designs in Tropical Freeze, Retro moving on to a 3D platformer would be pretty neat.

Apparently this is for a new "project", and not necessarily a game. Some people have speculated that he's doing some new arrangements for Smash to coincide with King K. Rool DLC.

io7tfjM.gif

daTRUballin

I kinda hope it's not another DKC 2d platformer, but rather a 3D DK platformer or a Diddy Kong Racing sequel.

I mean, come on. It's been 16 years since DK64 released and 18 years since DKR released. I would really like to see what a modern take would be like on these games. :p

Just ignore metroid retro, you've seen how disgusting those fans can be when they finally get another game in the series.
Donkey kong fans are better than that and would be thrilled to finish the trilogy, have diddy kong racing 2 or just k.rool in smash.
Please be dkcr3

AGoodODST

Retro's third Donkey Kong incoming. Can you dig it?

And we will all have a new trilogy to post in hat best trilogy thread :p

ramparter

Banned
Imagine if it was the Diddy Kong Racing 2 ost.

Guys, there's no way Retro is making a new DKC right now. Though I could see nintendo taking the TF engine and outsourcing it to another company.

Imagine if it was the Diddy Kong Racing 2 ost.

Guys, there's no way Retro is making a new DKC right now. Though I could see nintendo taking the TF engine and outsourcing it to another company.

Yeah, because 2D platformers are soooooo easy to make that anybody can do it. Just give the IP to some shitty studio like Paon or Vanpool while Retro makes a real game for real gamers.

Felensis

Banned
I LOVE DKCR and DKC:TF, but for the love of god, please let it be a DK 3D platformer like DK64 or at least Diddy Kong Racing 2. Wii U is overloaded with platformers and even though they're of high quality and I love them all, I start to get bored of them. DKR2 would be nice, too, loved the first one back in the days (except for the horrific difficulty spikes), but if you ask me, I'm more than satisfied with MK8.

They should make a DK 3D platformer or a new Metroid. Hopefully for Wii U. Let's see what Nintendo has up it's sleeves for upcoming Directs.

My stance is that Metroid fans can have their 4th Retro made entry into their neglected franchise when DKC fans get their third Retro made entry into their neglected franchise.

Diddy Kong Racing and such would be cool, but what I really want is a third DKCR game with K.Rool and pirates and dark moody music. It'd be a dream.

PSqueak

Banned
Why the fuck are there metroid fans bitching in a thread about David Wise?

This isn't even about Retro, David Wise is an independent musician.

Fuck off you guys, you're starting to make me glad you're getting Federation forces.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I love David Wise, but if Retro is working on a DKC3 or a DKR2 I will be REALLY pissed. So much wasted potential.

If they have so much potential, why does everyone constantly clamour for Retro to make either more Metroid or more DK? Why not something new and original?

Mr-Joker

Banned
I hope its for Retro Donkey Kong County series.

Oooh Donkey Kong 3D world sounds great.

Neat, I've always wondered what a David Wise soundtrack would sound like applied to Retro's take on the Nintendo classic Pro Wrestling.
Though I guess DKCR3 or DKR2 are pretty cool potential projects as well.

Metroid fans will crucify you, Retro. Just saying.

I anticipate the finale of this salty trilogy, Metroid Whine 3: Disruption.

Shiggy

Yeah, because 2D platformers are soooooo easy to make that anybody can do it. Just give the IP to some shitty studio like Paon or Vanpool while Retro makes a real game for real gamers.

Easier to make? Probably yes, that's why we see a lot more 2D indie games than 3D indie titles. Easier to master? Both are a challenge.

Neo Saf

Neo Member
DKvine posted a minor clarification and some tea-leaf reading. Important to note that despite the Kongversation podcast episode talking about them meeting and talking with Rare personnel, this David Wise thing did not come from anybody at Rare (or Playtonic). Which was clear enough from the context of the entire episode, but important to re-iterate for those hearing about it second-hand.

One last Retro DKC would be great. Wise made Tropical Freeze so much better (DKCRs soundtrack was really bad). Would be great if they would finally include Kremlins and K. Rool, but I doubt it.

A Diddy Kong Racing 2 would also be fantastic. It's still my favourite Kart Racing game and has probably the best Wise soundtrack after DKC2.

TreIII

Put me down for those who would like to see another Kong-related product. But I definitely would want to see a 3D adventure-platformer after 2D ruling the roost for so long.

And hey, if it brings back K. Rool and the Kremlings back out at sea, so much the better.

Zubz

Banned
I want to believe that Retro is making a 3d platformer with duck hunt dog and David wise is doing the music

I'd want this to happen if Yooka-Laylee wasn't a thing/a new Banjo seems likely. Just watch, though. It'll happen and come out in the same window as YL and Threeie. I mean, people said they wanted more 3D Collect-a-thons, right?

Kinsei

Banned
I'd want this to happen if Yooka-Laylee wasn't a thing/a new Banjo seems likely. Just watch, though. It'll happen and come out in the same window as YL and Threeie. I mean, people said they wanted more 3D Collect-a-thons, right?

I'd buy all 3, 4 if A Hat in Time came out then too.

Top Bottom