• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC Dante Voice Actor shot at in Guatemala

Central/South America has become such a craphole, I mean it was never great but it's reaching Middle-East levels of barbarianism.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
^^
Watching too much bias news.

Biassed news?

Have you seen documentary about crime in Central/ South America?

The cartel in Mexico are vicious

Lots of people kidnapped and decapitated body parts thown on the streets as messages

Same as Brazil which is notorious for it's high crime rate and drugs

Now I don't know about any other parts of South America but I assume it's more or less the same, could be dangerous for traveller or tourist if you don't know where you re going

Also, you need to be careful for thieves and pickpocked in crowded areas

Last edited:

KINDERFELD

Banned
Central and South America is a lot bigger than you think and to generalize like you are doing is inaccurate and downright ignorant.

Central and South America is a lot bigger than you think and to generalize like you are doing is inaccurate and downright ignorant.

Guatemala has a murder rate 5x that of the US. It is surrounded by Mexico (4x,) Belize (7x,) Honduras (11x,) and El Salvador (15x.) Outside of the heavily guarded 'tourist' areas (large walls and armed security 24/7,) these are not good places.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Guatemala has a murder rate 5x that of the US. It is surrounded by Mexico (4x,) Belize (7x,) Honduras (11x,) and El Salvador (15x.) Outside of the heavily guarded 'tourist' areas (large walls and armed security 24/7,) these are not good places.

The current population of El Salvador is 6,432,923 as February 2019, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

The current population of the United States of America is 328,233,846 as of February 2019, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

Sorry for my fellow El Salvadorian friend in this website but if what you said is true ( El Salvador murder rate is 15x times US) then it's must've been a really dangerous places

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Central/South America has become such a craphole, I mean it was never great but it's reaching Middle-East levels of barbarianism.
Wtf dude? So the US had a lot of mass shootings in recent years, in addition to the usual gang banging, massive numbers of incarcerated people and US troops all over the world, especially in warring areas of the Middle East. Should I call the US barbaric?

Maybe I should.

Azurro

Banned

Have you ever been to any of these "crapholes"? Sounds to me like you are just regurgitating shit Fox News talking points.

Last edited:
Wtf dude? So the US had a lot of mass shootings in recent years, in addition to the usual gang banging, massive numbers of incarcerated people and US troops all over the world, especially in warring areas of the Middle East. Should I call the US barbaric?

Maybe I should.

Homicide rate in the US gets a lot of media attention. But it is low single digit like 4-5 out of 100,000. Its high for a 1st world country but very low compared to a 3rd world country like Honduras.

Honduras has a current homicide rate of 60 in 100,000. Or 12x higher than the US. And it 2012 Honduras homicide rate peaked 88 per 100,000. Or 16x higher than the USA.

Last edited:
Thank you. A lot of people are hyper-sensitive and think it's offensive and crazy to point out facts these days. They think the world is just this warm and fuzzy place filled with good people; all we need is love and whatever other dumb shit they can conjure up. These are the same kind of people who think it's a great idea to trek across Afghanistan and then end up on the news for being decapitated.

Common sense goes a long way but so few people seem to have it anymore.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Thank you. A lot of people are hyper-sensitive and think it's offensive and crazy to point out facts these days. They think the world is just this warm and fuzzy place filled with good people; all we need is love and whatever other dumb shit they can conjure up. These are the same kind of people who think it's a great idea to trek across Afghanistan and then end up on the news for being decapitated.

Point out facts? Yes, Latin America is more dangerous than the US and you have to be more concerned about your safety, but hardly the apocalyptic shithole that Fox News make it seem. It would help if your ignorance of the topic was not on full display, but alas. I mean, are you so unaware of the world that you think people go on their daily commutes and have to walk through body parts to get to work? Ever been outside of MURICCA?

Diddy X

South america is huge, the southern part of south america is alright (Chile, Argentina and Uruguay) I'm pretty sure those countries are way quieter than central america countries. I'd dare to say those are closer, in terms of safety and quality of life, to some european countries than to guatemala or mexico.

Last edited:
Biassed news?

Lots of people kidnapped and decapitated body parts thown on the streets as messages

Now I don't know about any other parts of South America but I assume it's more or less the same, could be dangerous for traveller or tourist if you don't know where you re going

Fake news.

went to Mexico 3 times in December - the strip clubs were amazing and the 'doctors' selling 'medicines' in the 'pharmacies' were very friendly.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I always wanted to visit Peru. It seems as the nicest country in South America with little to no crime. I always wanted to see Macchu Picchu, Titicaca, Lima, trekking the Inca trail, finding square eggs in the Andes. Dream vacation.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
937.gif

peronmls

Maybe I should.
US doesn’t rip hearts out while you are alive or kill you for petty reasons. Go to the YNC to see.

Ozrimandias

I am from South America, and it is far from being a barbarism like the Middle East. What worries us are the populist tyrannies that can stop the development of certain countries, such as Venezuela. Venezuela was one of the richest countries thanks to oil, but it was broken by an authoritarian regime, Bolivia is the same, it is a country immensely rich in natural resources, but its political instability means that there is no adequate development for its people. Countries like Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay certainly have problems, but they are countries with a very good standard of living.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Its called history, feel free to look it up. Don't need to take my word for it.

I've already look it up but most drug cartel leaders, underbosses etc like El Chappo, Escobar, Noriega Fuentes and co didn't come from United States

We're you insinuating that gun ownership in United States have something to do with violence in Central and South America? Because that's an entirely unrelated story

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
For the people who are discussing how South America is while they don't live here, Dante is fine.

Azurro

Banned
I've already look it up but most drug cartel leaders, underbosses etc like El Chappo, Escobar, Noriega Fuentes and co didn't come from United States

We're you insinuating that gun ownership in United States have something to do with violence in Central and South America? Because that's an entirely unrelated story

I'm kind of stunned by your ignorance on the topic. Demand of drugs from the United States is what created the big drug cartels, this is not controversial knowledge.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I'm kind of stunned by your ignorance on the topic. Demand of drugs from the United States is what created the big drug cartels, this is not controversial knowledge.

We're you insinuating that without US involved they gona stopped themselves producing cannabis and co ?

Demand of drugs are not exclusively comes from United States

What's next ? Poverty? Coruption? Stop blaming United States for every other country problem in the world

Last edited:

Shifty

Glad to hear Mr. Langdon is safe and sound. Smokin' Sick Survival.

Less glad to see that this thread now belongs in the Politics section. What the fuck.

Airbus Jr

Banned
And still you're ignorant for generalizing all of Central and South America.

I haven't been on this site that long but I'm observing an interesting trend in communal ignorance.

Stating out the truth is considered ignorant now?

Those are from newspaper and not made up story

If you happens to be South Americans and chooses to ignore the elephant in the room and decided it's better to swept the problem under the rug instead of handle it just because you don't like what the news told you then you have bigger problems to deal with

Last edited:

KINDERFELD

Banned

Go look at a map of Central and South America please.

Its always these keyboard warriors who never left their county with the xenophobic mindsets.

KINDERFELD

Banned
Stating out the truth is considered ignorant now?

Those are from newspaper and not made up story

If you happens to be South Americans and chooses to ignore the elephant in the room and decided it's better to swept the problem under the rug instead to fix it just because you don't like what the news told you then you have bigger problems to deal with

Please, go look at a map of Central and South America.
You and your buddies are only creating a safe space of stupidity.

Azurro

Banned
We're you insinuating that without US involved they gona stopped themselves producing cannabis and co ?

Demand of drugs are not exclusively comes from United States

What's next ? Poverty? Coruption? Stop blaming United States for every other country problem in the world

You don't seem to understand much. Let me tell you, the cartels are not just scary monsters that want to wreak havok that are brown and come from a shit hole.

They are a BUSINESS. The most capitalistic type, as they have no regulations and are free to protect their marketshare and distribution channels through violence. That's what they are at heart, a McDonald's that can shoot people trying to put down another restaurant in the city.

They have several different revenue streams, and you know the biggest one by far? Drugs. And what fuels a huge business? A huge customer, the United States in this case. El Chapo had a personal wealth of over a billion dollars, you don't get to a business of that size with only the local market.

Now I'm a 100% sure you are just a FOX news parrot since you don't even know these basic facts.

VertigoOA

Banned
Cartels are a business lol.

Yea anyone who runs a drug business should be fuckinn murdered.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
You don't seem to understand much. Let me tell you, the cartels are not just scary monsters that want to wreak havok that are brown and come from a shit hole.

They are a BUSINESS. The most capitalistic type, as they have no regulations and are free to protect their marketshare and distribution channels through violence. That's what they are at heart, a McDonald's that can shoot people trying to put down another restaurant in the city.

They have several different revenue streams, and you know the biggest one by far? Drugs. And what fuels a huge business? A huge customer, the United States in this case. El Chapo had a personal wealth of over a billion dollars, you don't get to a business of that size with only the local market.

Now I'm a 100% sure you are just a FOX news parrot since you don't even know these basic facts.

The US government have been fighting drug cartel overseas for years

To insinuate that American citizens is the source of problem for every crime and druglord in South America is insanely ridiculous

Azurro

Banned
The US government have been fighting drug cartel overseas for years

To insinuate that American citizens is the source of problem for every crime and druglord in South America is insanely ridiculous

Like it or not that's the truth. The cartels make most of their revenue through the sale of drugs in the us. Sorry to burst your bubble that it's just savages doing evil stuff because they are evil. They have an impressive network of production and distribution, accounting and logistics.

I agree they should be caged and thrown in a firepit somewhere, but let's not forget who their biggest customers by far are. You made them big.

DonyDevitt

Neo Member
Biassed news?

Hey, man. Brazil is bad, but crime here is not much more than in USA. We have a lot of problems, but, we still living in a OK country.

DonyDevitt

Neo Member
I am from South America, and it is far from being a barbarism like the Middle East. What worries us are the populist tyrannies that can stop the development of certain countries, such as Venezuela. Venezuela was one of the richest countries thanks to oil, but it was broken by an authoritarian regime, Bolivia is the same, it is a country immensely rich in natural resources, but its political instability means that there is no adequate development for its people. Countries like Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay certainly have problems, but they are countries with a very good standard of living.

That's it. Perfect.

Brazil have a huge social problem and almost every shit come by this. (Well, we kind of maybe gonna have a presidencial problem to come, but maybe not)

AAAANNND I'M VERY GLAD he's safe. Love his work.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Like it or not that's the truth. The cartels make most of their revenue through the sale of drugs in the us. Sorry to burst your bubble that it's just savages doing evil stuff because they are evil. They have an impressive network of production and distribution, accounting and logistics.

I agree they should be caged and thrown in a firepit somewhere, but let's not forget who their biggest customers by far are. You made them big.

Humanity has been victim to vices and narcotics forever. There’s always a demand. So we’re going to blame the wealth of the country for other’s murderous ways?

Chapo... just put a bullet in this fuck’s head already

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

That's it. Perfect.

Brazil have a huge social problem and almost every shit come by this. (Well, we kind of maybe gonna have a presidencial problem to come, but maybe not)

AAAANNND I'M VERY GLAD he's safe. Love his work.

Brazil may have some problems but it is maybe the most strong economy in south america, its not even close with Haiti, Honduras, Guatemala amog other countries in Central America.
Also, please do not compare Central with South America, i mean, its basic.

Its good that he is safe btw....

Azurro

Banned
Humanity has been victim to vices and narcotics forever. There’s always a demand. So we’re going to blame the wealth of the country for other’s murderous ways?

Chapo... just put a bullet in this fuck’s head already

I'm not berating anyone. I'm just telling you the fact that the greatest source of revenue and reason for growth of the cartels was Americans buying their drugs.

If that makes you uncomfortable then that's your business.

VertigoOA

Banned
I'm not berating anyone. I'm just telling you the fact that the greatest source of revenue and reason for growth of the cartels was Americans buying their drugs.

If that makes you uncomfortable then that's your business.

Why are you blaming those who buy it? You’re gonna blame the mentally broken heroin addict for the crimes of drug cartels? Does that make it more acceptable that cartels run their countries on death money? Humanity has always been victim to its vices, opioids, alcohol... they have existed from way before the United States ever existed.

Shut em down. Blow them off the face of the planet

Last edited:

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
Given the nature of the conversation and how there isn't really any gaming discussion being had, I've moved this topic over to the OT.

If someone wants to create a gaming-only version of this thread (I'd assume to talk about potential implications to the DMC series), then they can try again in the Gaming section.

Almost RIP, son of Sparda...

Last edited:

Fbh

Glad to hear that he is doing ok

About as ignorant as posting a bunch of crime related news from Mexico, a NORTH american country, when trying to prove your point about what a shit hole central and South america are

I always wanted to visit Peru. It seems as the nicest country in South America with little to no crime. I always wanted to see Macchu Picchu, Titicaca, Lima, trekking the Inca trail, finding square eggs in the Andes. Dream vacation.

If you ever can you definitely should. Amazing place, nice people and as someone who as been lucky enough to travel around a bit, still some of the best food I've eaten.

Just don't underestimate the height of some of these places. I personally just felt like I got tired a lot of faster but one the people I went with was sick for a few days

Airbus Jr

Banned
Glad to hear that he is doing ok

About as ignorant as posting a bunch of crime related news from Mexico, a NORTH american country, when trying to prove your point about what a shit hole central and South america are

If you ever can you definitely should. Amazing place, nice people and as someone who as been lucky enough to travel around a bit, still some of the best food I've eaten.

Just don't underestimate the height of some of these places. I personally just felt like I got tired a lot of faster but one the people I went with was sick for a few days

It's funny because Mexico and the Carribean is actually classified as Central, not North

The more you know

Last edited:

Fbh

It's funny because Mexico and the Carribean is actually classified as Central, not North

The more you know

LOL, your source being you?
Because according to (to name a few) The Government of Mexico, Worldatlas, Nationsonline, Reference.com, The North American Free Trade Agreement, Wikipedia and even the freaking CIA Mexico is located in North America.

But don't worry, I'll write them all to let them know that Monsterkillah knows better.

The more you think you know

Top Bottom