• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Devil May Cry shown live to the press, 30fps confirmed

sn00zer

DmC is a single player game not a competitive one. 60fps may be a requirement for fighting games or competitive shooters, but its is not a requirement for single player games. In SP there is no frame counting to get the edge on your opponent (well maybe for a select few "elite" players). It doesn't matter. Its nice, but it doesn't matter.

Xater

Spirit of Jazz said:
Amazing, they'll manage to make a game that looks and runs worst than it's predecessor released 4 years prior.

It's the Ninja Theory way of doing things.

morons at ninja theory said:
"The people who are sceptical secretly want to like it," Antoniades added, "and our job is to prove it's Devil May Cry in essence."

Bayonetta was DMC in essence. It still doesn't make it DMC.

This game lost all the wonderful things about DMC that made it was it was. The heavy gothic overtones, the powerful monsters that only a demon like Dante could kill, the attitude - all lost on emo boy fighting robot monsters.

This is DMC in essence, but not DMC. They got that right. I want a true DMC game.

sn00zer said:
DmC is a single player game not a competitive one. 60fps may be a requirement for fighting games or competitive shooters, but its is not a requirement for single player games. In SP there is no frame counting to get the edge on your opponent (well maybe for a select few "elite" players). It doesn't matter. Its nice, but it doesn't matter.
Holy shit...

Zeliard

_dementia said:
30fps? That's an improvement for Ninja Theory.

Not only is DmC almost certain to drop frames, but the PS3 version of Enslaved ran even worse than the 360, so there probably won't be platform parity either.

Xater

sn00zer said:

Please stop posting.

Smision said:
fuck, 30fps in Ninja Theory land is about 20 with tearing

Don't forget the input lag!

sn00zer said:

I agree. The quality in AM radio is just as good as FM too. Why don't people understand this?

alr1ghtstart said:
DmC |OT| The "Feel of 60"

5Z6ax.jpg

he's right. Even as a "true" DMC fan that plays for rank and beats the games back and forth, I have to play this game. It's just so weird-- capcom + ninja theory making a dmc game.

sn00zer said:

Turn in your Adventure Time avatar. :/

Ywap

Stop with the jokes guys. 24 fps can easily feel like 60 with help from the right producer.

Is "Feel of 60" a Ninja Theory patent btw.?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Totally unimpressed with this game. Muddy, washed out graphics and runs at 30fps...uggh. How could Capcom treat DMC like this?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If it's a rock solid 30 fps, it won't kill the game, but if it works like Enslaved or Heavenly Sword, it will ruin the game.

Of course 60 fps is what we would all like, but did ANYONE expect that after UE3 was announced as the engine? No UE3 game with visuals of this scale and quality has ever hit 60 fps on a console.

I never expected this to be a proper DMC game and that doesn't bother me. I was never a huge fan of the series myself. In fact, I enjoyed Enslaved more than any previous Devil May Cry title despite the fact that its combat was quite inferior.

rapid32.5

15 fps feel like 30 ? ok gotcha! no wonder Enslaved was a slideshow in my eyes, I forgot to double the framerate.

Tucah

you speak so well
The new character design looks better but everything else I see about this game screams at me to stay the fuck away.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If it's a rock solid 30 fps, it won't kill the game, but if it works like Enslaved or Heavenly Sword, it will ruin the game.

Of course 60 fps is what we would all like, but did ANYONE expect that after UE3 was announced as the engine? No UE3 game with visuals of this scale and quality has ever hit 60 fps on a console.

I never expected this to be a proper DMC game and that doesn't bother me. I was never a huge fan of the series myself. In fact, I enjoyed Enslaved more than any previous Devil May Cry title despite the fact that its combat was quite inferior.

It's a shame MT Framework was not available for them to develop with in English. DMC4 was quite a marvel. It looks absolutely beautiful, yet runs at 60 fps while displaying at 1280x720 on both consoles. That's pretty damn amazing, when you look back over this generation.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ywap said:
Stop with the jokes guys. 24 fps can easily feel like 60 with help from the right producer.

Did I just drown in a sea of sarcasm? Please tell me I did.

TreIII

Tameem Antoniades went on to tackle the issue of frame rate. The Devil May Cry prequel will run at only 30 frames per second, whereas old Devil May Cry games opted for 60FPS.

mj-laughing.gif

sn00zer said:
Do they speak English in what? Because I don't understand what the hell you're saying, a matter a fact, do you?

Beardz

sn00zer said:

If you keep saying this, I will become true.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like it's gonna be hectic and chaotic.

Top Bottom