• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Devil May Cry shown live to the press, 30fps confirmed

lowhighkang_LHK said:
The use of using the D-pad to switch was in DMC4. It seems - judging by this thread - everyone loves DMC4 right?

Liking a game means you must want to squee over every aspect of it. Likewise, disliking a game means everything about it was the worst thing in the universe.

gutter_trash said:
i proffer the Capcom laugh at the face of danger archetype personality they gave original Dante.

it was part of his charm being 85% ''laugh at danger'' with a minor 15% ''shit got real''

now, he is just angry?
Yeah, they keep going on about how angry he is and it's really off putting. If they make it a constant thing it will get old fast.

Dahbomb

This whole Dante is "angry" is an obvious story angle. If you guys listened to what NT has been saying throughout... they say that the demons survey and kill humans. Dante was affected PERSONALLY by this demon activity (this is quoted directly) and that's why he is angry. This is clearly "demons killed my family so I am going to hunt them down" mentality that made him who he is and it led to his final revenge battle with Mundus in DMC1. This iteration of the game is him getting used to there being demons, hunting them and getting into combat mode while evolving his powers and tapping into his bloodline.

I mean people say that this is not totally going to lead into DMC3 but it possibly can. Dante had a full office and a devil hunting office ready to go in DMC3 (plus he was super proficient in combat and styles, only thing he hadn't canonically developed yet was his DT), he just needed a name for it. Dante has no such thing in DmC as of yet so obviously stuff like that is going to be explained.

Going to be checking out the old trailers for a game play analysis based on the information released in the previews.

gunbo13

ezekial45 said:
It doesn't sound too bad. You'd be surprised what players can adapt to. If players could get used to the crowded and bloated control scheme for Dante in DMC4 (three items on the melee/firearm switch and five styles on the d-pad), then i'm sure this will be no trouble at all.
I have 7 button configs in DMCSE, so I know. Dante in DMC4 has clunky controls even if they are doable. It should be avoided where possible. DMC3 with custom configs is perfect. Though, there is an issue with weapon buffering while performing style jump cancels. There isn't any elegant solution there and I have a custom crappy config for it.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Actually, it's more or less the same set-up as DMC3 and DMC4. You are switching between various styles/weapons via L2/R2 and you cycle between other things via D-pad (like DMC4).

It requires the same hand dexterity and inputs as in DMC3 and DMC4.
I'm familiar with the controls...

Dahbomb said:
I don't know how they plan to incorporate weapon switch on the d-pad. That seems really awkward and I wasn't even much of a fan of the way styles were handled in DMC4.
I'm with you as usual.

First Name said:
This concerned me the most. Going to the D-pad usually means you have to take your thumb off the movement stick, right? It just doesn't seem like it would work as well as the previous system but I'm not sure.
Yep. As Dahbomb said style switching != weapon switching. There are link cancels in DMC3SE for example that can require weapon switching in intervals of a second, very true. Going to the d-pad while manning other buttons is nightmarish.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
The use of using the D-pad to switch was in DMC4. It seems - judging by this thread - everyone loves DMC4 right?
Just because we like a game doesn't mean we like everything about it. D-pad switching sucks.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Furthermore, the use of the left analog isn't required when you're in an animation string - which is when you would cancel to another weapon/or stance/or style/or whatever it is.
Incorrect. Jump back cancels on aerial frame links is just one example. That would require d-pad inputs and analog toggling within seconds. That is not comfortable.

Dahbomb said:
So yeah... please NO MORE talk about 30/60FPS until someone actually plays it. Capcom/NT have said all they need to said on the topic, it is what it is.
Agreed. Everything we stated was confirmed in the interview. As I said, there will be a ton of smoke and mirrors going on. And chances are the depth will be tapped in weeks time. However, we can lay to rest the speculation.

It's also interesting to note, that when I started my first year at med school, naturally - you don't want to take your consoles with you. But I did bring my laptop. I had the itch to play some DMC3 and DMC4 again, and unfortunately on my generic laptop the best I could do was average about 24 fps on DMC4 and DMC3 (fuck DMC3 was worse maybe).

And, after some getting used to - maybe an half hour? I was doing a lot of the advanced stuff I was doing with the games on consoles. The the thing that took the most time to adjust was jump canceling multiple helm breakers. But it could be done.

I still remember to this day, back when it seemed like the OG Devil May Cry crew (me, Dwarfkicker, JustaNewbie, Yurisealprime) were all trying to instill the concept of jump canceling, and prevention of enemy knockback (ugh, one of DMC2's biggest problems) into Ben Judd's head after the release of DMC2. It took him so long to finally figure out what the fuck we were talking about and he took it to the DMC3 team. I'd like to think that's what helped get DMC3 back on track. Man we were giving him like combat design docs on a daily basis.

...good times.

But anyway, if I could do a lot of the top tier stuff in regards to DMC combat on laptop running at sub 30 fps, I think a lot of those things can be captured at a game running at 30 fps with inputs at 60 fps.

And without a doubt, there are somethings that have one frame inputs required per second, but if I really want to pull that stuff, I'd just go back to DMC3 for that. I'm interested in some of the new concepts that are in DmC. As I was interested in some of the new concepts that existed in DMC4 (compared to DMC3).

Even DMC1, had the enemy jump cancel into shotgun infinite loop. In the other DMC games, shotgun causes knock back in air. But in DMC1, it propels the enemy further upward. So you just jump cancel. I still to this day love doing that. And it's one of the things that only work in DMC1.

And I agree that style switching in DMC4 was annoying via D-pad. It's difficult to do mid combo.

In fact, even the weapon cycling concept in DMC4 was annoying, as opposed to the weapon switching that existed in DMC 3.

But what would be an alternative? You essentially have style switching and weapon switching. One has to be applied to the other.

Maybe style switching is more important than weapon switching. So when something has to be prioritized, you go with shoulders for one and d-pad for the other.

Ultimately this is a mute point - I don't think the control scheme was really explained to begin with. Interestingly, if they would actually answer our questions, this one would be a good one to ask.

gunbo13

Dahbomb said:
I am probably going to go over both the trailers and extrapolate what I can from the 2 videos. I think I am beginning to visualize where they are going with this. You guys can maybe expect a full post by me sometime in the future.
Visual confirms are a big concern. You also have to question the speed at 30fps due to animation constraints. I don't expect Rebellion first attack SM style jump canceling speed. I'm also concerned about jump speed and the number of levels. If you remove twitch forward canceling, you are killing a ton

I'm expecting a lot more charge attacks and less rapid inputs. Not sure about mashing. You should definitely reference previous NT game combos/controls if you know them. I'm going to at least glance at an faq.

Someone mentioned how weapons should feel very differently and I agree. Something more than just different ways of swinging a long object around. Ifrit/Beowulf/Gilgamesh were some of my favorite gaming weapons because of that. But maybe the sub weapons will be better. I think they really need to differentiate the main weapons for each form though.

First Name said:
Someone mentioned how weapons should feel very differently and I agree. Something more than just different ways of swinging a long object around. Ifrit/Beowulf/Gilgamesh were some of my favorite gaming weapons because of that. But maybe the sub weapons will be better. I think they really need to differentiate the main weapons for each form though.

There are more than those weapons.

What you're seeing is sword, scythe and axe. Judging from what was said - this is all part of the same 'morphing' weapon that constitutes it's forms via style. Angel, human or devil. That other weapons, are going to have individual forms depending on the style.

Much how the properties and applications of rebellion, changes depending on what level and style you have. Except these changes are now more visually relevant.

gunbo13

lowhighkang_LHK said:
And, after some getting used to - maybe an half hour? I was doing a lot of the advanced stuff I was doing with the games on consoles.
You would have to define "advanced." Good luck doing forward SM twitch cancels on small window hit confirms @ 24fps. You'll probably claim you can but I would a) doubt it - b) cite how ineffective it is.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
I think a lot of those things can be captured at a game running at 30 fps with inputs at 60 fps.
Sure, at about 1/10th the efficiency. I can also drive my car with my elbows.

Finaika said:
Of course. Top Japanese players played Bayonetta on the PS3 too, with its less than perfect framerate.
And I'm sure they were wishing upon a star every chance they got to not have to work around a shitty frame-rate.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
But what would be an alternative? You essentially have style switching and weapon switching. One has to be applied to the other.
You build a combat system that doesn't rely on those mechanics. Having a ton of options and relying on odd button configs is not necessarily a good thing.

Monocle

I'm prepared to allow myself a tinge of cautious optimism if TA sincerely acknowledged fans' concerns, and if the 60 fps inputs really do give DmC's controls proper responsiveness. Could these be the first stirrings of an updraft that will raise DmC to the level of DMC2, or dare I hope, beyond it? I won't hold my breath, but just maybe...

gunbo13 said:
You would have to define "advanced." Good luck doing forward SM twitch cancels on small window hit confirms @ 24fps. You'll probably claim you can but I would a) doubt it - b) cite how ineffective it is.

I'm unaware of that terminology. Explain what that is. I have seen a lot of stuff, and have done a lot of stuff in DMC3, but I'm not up to date with certainly terminology. Unfortunately my brain is more reserved for medical terminology at this point in my life.

Are you talking about moving the analog stick to reset the sword animations so you can repeat the other one immediately after.

Like in DMC1, O, O (analog twitch) and then you can repeat the first two slashes of Dante's Alastor (O,O) infinitely with no delay?

Because I saw some of your videos that I cared to watch in the DMC anniv, thread - all that was being done I was aware and could replicate myself. Even on my laptop. But I'm not aware of some of the terminologies. It feels like I'm back at EVO and people are saying "SWAG combos" all the time.

sn00zer said:
What is all this gibberish about advanced techniques...do a lot of people really play like that?

LOL, no.

Maybe about 1% of the active DMC community.

And in the general population, like - real life, I'd say 0.001%

So, I'm engaged with this discussion because I like this stuff about DMC, and I used to egange myself in this elitist form of discussion and execution back in the days of DMC3 (vanilla) i.e, when I had more free time, but it doesn't concern .. well, next to everyone on GAF. So don't worry about it.

This is a big plan setup by Capcom. Have another developer completely ruin the franchise, so in 2-3 years they will announce their internally developed DMC with the original Dante. They will go on to sell millions of copies and be the saviors of the franchise.

Right guys???..............Right?

keltickennedy said:
This is a big plan setup by Capcom. Have another developer completely ruin the franchise, so in 2-3 years they will announce their internally developed DMC with the original Dante. They will go on to sell millions of copies and be the saviors of the franchise.

We can only hope. No matter how this little experiment turns out I don't want classic DMC to die out.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
keltickennedy said:

If they really wanted to be heroes they'd hire Platinum.

gunbo13

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Are you talking about moving the analog stick to reset the sword animations so you can repeat the other one immediately after.
No.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Because I saw some of your videos that I cared to watch in the DMC anniv, thread - all that was being done I was aware and could replicate myself.
I doubt it but claim what you want.

sn00zer said:
What is all this gibberish about advanced techniques...do a lot of people really play like that?
No, but we do exist.

Dahbomb said:
Oh it's about to get REALLY gibberish up in here in a bit. :D
No, I will refrain. You know what I'm talking about with this stuff (also Wolf/Guardian) but that's probably the extent on gaf. It will just be a wash. I'm not trying to be a jerk to the thread. But as an example, you wrote a constitution on the combat so people should get that this intricate stuff.

Actually, screw that.

[cerb/beo SM]
[ground string -> early jump cancel swing -> three variable forward canceling jump cancels -> jump delay -> lower to upper body jump cancels on hit confirm -> ground string -> launch, crush -> double enemy down jump cancels -> finisher]
[O + /\ + /\] -> [Forward + /\ + R1(EJC)] + [/\ + R1(JC)] +[/\ + R1(JC)] + [O + R1 (JC)] + R2(WS) -> [DELAY] + [Forward + /\ + R1(j-canc)] +[Forward + /\ + R1(j-canc)] + O -> /\ + /\ + [Back + /\ (short charge, rapid tap)] + O + [Forward + /\ + R1(j-canc)] + [Forward + /\ + R1(j-canc)] + [Forward + O]

One SM combo, 11 seconds. I couldn't help myself. We speak in hieroglyphics and we want our sequels to contain these abilities.

Carbonox

gunbo13 said:
No.

I doubt it but claim what you want.

No, but we do exist.

No, I will refrain. You know what I'm talking about with this stuff (also Wolf/Guardian) but that's probably the extent on gaf. It will just be a wash. I'm not trying to be a jerk to the thread. But as an example, you wrote a constitution on the combat so people should get that this intricate stuff.

Actually, screw that.

[cerb/beo SM]
[ground string -> early jump cancel swing -> three variable forward canceling jump cancels -> jump delay -> lower -> upper body jump cancels on hit confirm -> ground string -> launch, crush -> double enemy down jump cancels -> finisher]
[O + /\ + /\] -> [Forward + /\ + R1(EJC)] + [/\ + R1(JC)] +[/\ + R1(JC)] + [O + R1 (JC)] + R2(WS) -> [DELAY] + [Forward + /\ + R1(j-canc)] +[Forward + /\ + R1(j-canc)] + O -> /\ + /\ + [Back + /\ (short charge, rapid tap)] + O + [Forward + /\ + R1(j-canc)] + [Forward + /\ + R1(j-canc)] + [Forward + O]

One SM combo, 11 seconds. I couldn't help myself. We speak in hieroglyphics and we want our sequels to contain these abilities.

:lol Brilliant.

gunbo13 said:
I know. Dahbomb is in the thread. Why don't you put up?

A lot of the things you're talking existed during the hand vs eye days. Who do you think put up some of those videos?

You're little combo list is representative of the general concept of jump cancels. People have been doing that for some time now. There are variations that exist, but stop acting like you've accomplished some novel, groundbreaking idea that isn't or hasn't already been duplicated by others.

Seriously, get over yourself.

For those wondering the primary foundation for his little "combo description" is based upon enemy step. A purchasable move in DMC4. Also inherent in DMC3.

Your canceling the recovery frames or active frames of an attack by essentially jumping off an enemy. Thereby you can input the commands for the next attack ASAP.

This is probably also the inspiration for Dante's bold cancels in Marvel, allowing you to cancel one special to go into another because of the input of a bold cancel and using the 3 frames per-jump to input a new attack.

This is the very same basis in regards to advanced combos in DMC3. Using various jump cancels or enemy steps and using the frames that exist pre-animation to input a new normal or special.

Gunbo13, while I don't doubt you're probably better at these things than I am, considering I had to move on if you will due to - well, growing up, but to assume that you and Dahbomb are the only ones who can replicate some of these concepts is ridiculous.

And one thing that I tried to do in the past 10 years, on places like hand vs. eye, is to actually translate your hieroglyphics into something that's understandable to the general person.

So again, more people than you realize can pull those things off.

gunbo13

lowhighkang_LHK said:
A lot of the things you're talking existed during the hand vs eye days. Who do you think put up some of those videos?
Apparently you are claiming you did. So put up.

Of course the mechanics existed. The game hasn't changed so what's your point?

gunbo13 said:
HD Combo Video - Dante - Gunslinger/Swordmaster
1400x1050
60fps MU / 30fps UT
CRF25 x264
MU - 1400x1050 - 60fps - 351.26mb
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P1CBZ7FY
UT - 720p - 30fps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p31mEV1W7D8
That's my rebuttal. Call it shit if you think it is shit. I don't care. I like talking to combo DMCgaf who know this stuff because you learn interesting things. UT posted SM combos are mostly no more difficult then the one I cited, including a certain famous one...

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Seriously, get over yourself.
How about you not belittle my efforts and imply you can do the same without a sweat; without proof?

EDIT:
@24fps no less, lol. I also never gloated once or claimed I was breaking any ground. This was done for the 10th anniversary and to dig deeper into one of my favorite games while sharing the experience.

gunbo13 said:
Apparently you are claiming you did. So put up.

Of course the mechanics existed. The game hasn't changed so what's your point?

That's my rebuttal. Call it shit if you think it is shit. I don't care. I like talking to combo DMCgaf who know this stuff because you learn interesting things. UT posted SM combos are mostly no more difficult then the one I cited, including a certain famous one...

How about you not belittle my efforts and imply you can do the same without a sweat; without proof?

EDIT:
@24fps no less, lol. I also never gloated once or claimed I was breaking any ground. This was done for the 10th anniversary and to dig deeper into one of my favorite games while sharing the experience.

Because for the past 10 years I have been doing this. If you aren't aware of it because you got into the "scene" at a later date after I became less active, than there is nothing I can do on that.

I don't have the current resources to record myself playing DMC3. I don't even have a working PS2 or a backwards compatible ps3 to do so. Nor do I have my PC any longer since I have a Macbook.

Okay, I think it's great you're doing what you're doing. It reminded me of a lot of the shit I used to do 5 years ago. Keep up the good work. You're awesome. And you're much more gifted at the art of elite video game skills than I am. Which is why I did download and enjoy your videos. And spread them to other places for people to watch.

And in regards to my example about pulling off some advanced strats at sub 30 fps, candidly, not everything can be replicated as well, or at all - you're right. But a lot of the break through concepts that help make DMC3, in my opinion, better combat games than Ninja Gaiden and even Bayonetta, are capable to certain extents.

That's really all I was trying to get across earlier. And let's leave it at that, I appreciate a hardcore DMC fan - considering I kind of felt that after the days of DMC1 on various message boards, it was seemingly only me and a few others (call me a DMC1-er, but that game had some interesting set-ups as well using JC's) that really pushed the "scene."

So, you're doing great. Keep it up. Can't wait to see more of your stuff.

gunbo13

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Because for the past 10 years I have been doing this. If you aren't aware of it because you got into the "scene" due to DMC3:Special Edition, that's on you.
So have a ton of people including many who are better then me. Your point?

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Okay, I think it's great you're doing what you're doing. It reminded me of a lot of the shit I used to do 5 years ago. Keep up the good work. You're awesome. And you're much more gifted at the art of elite video game skills than I am. Which is why I did download and enjoy your videos. And spread them to other places for people to watch.
Give me a break. All I tried to do was bring back the past a bit for a great game on the 10th anniversary. I got excited learning new difficult mechanics and sharing it with fellow fans in the thread.

Some people appreciate the effort it takes to capture terabytes of footage and compile it in HD for fans. I think YOU need to get over yourself.

UT Message said:
Just want to say Ive been following your thread on neogaf and I absolutely love what you have been doing. I Have wanted to have a collection of HQ combo vids for DMC3SE for years and yours certainly fit that bill. thank you.

side note:- I tend to watch your videos in slow motion and do you know what ive noticed? DMC3 actually had much better and detailed animation than DMC4...its crazy when you think about it.

any who keep up the good work, you dont get as much recognition on GAF as i think you deserve so Id thought id throw out a quick shoutout.

gunbo13 said:
So have a ton of people including many who are better then me. Your point?

Give me a break. All I tried to do was bring back the past a bit for a great game on the 10th anniversary. I got excited learning new difficult mechanics and sharing it with fellow fans in the thread.

Some people appreciate the effort it takes to capture terabytes of footage and compile it in HD for fans. I think YOU need to get over yourself.

Maybe you actually didn't notice when I said I actually spread your videos around multiple areas. I even showed your videos off at my friends independent game studio he works for. Using it as a good example of animation vs. game functionality. When one should be sacrificed for the other.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly appreciate the media efforts involved in putting those videos up.

You just kind of rubbed me off the wrong when you doubted that others could pull off the concepts you were doing? Because I know from first hand experience, that a) I can, and b) as many others as well.

But, again - you're very talented. Most likely more than I. You should do a lot more of this when the anniv. hits. Ultimately, this is a kind of conversation that deals with concepts that are obtuse or indifferent to 99% of GAF, so it's pointless. Let's carry on with whatever was being discussed before.

gunbo13

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Maybe you actually didn't notice when I said I actually spread your videos around multiple areas. I even showed your videos off at my friends independent game studio he works for. Using it as a good example of animation vs. game functionality. When one should be sacrificed for the other.
Sorry LHK, I thought you were being sarcastic when you said you were showing off the videos. You have my apology for that.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
You just kind of rubbed me off the wrong when you doubted that others could pull off the concepts you were doing? Because I know from first hand experience, that a) I can, and b) as many others as well.
Fair enough.

But, again - you're very talented. Most likely more than I. You should do a lot more of this when the anniv. hits. Ultimately, this is a kind of conversation that deals with concepts that are obtuse or indifferent to 99% of GAF, so it's pointless. Let's carry on with whatever was being discussed before.
OK, I personally just got a little tiffed at this:
"Because I saw some of your videos that I cared to watch in the DMC anniv, thread - all that was being done I was aware and could replicate myself. "

That sounded like a belittling comment. If you talked a bit about how much you played in the past, then that would be another thing. But, from my point of view you were stating that I was doing garden grade stuff where my hundreds of hours should have been a few. Though, it wasn't fair for me to question what you did in the past, so I take it back.

I agree, we can drop this. As Dahbomb yelled at me in the past, we are all fans. Thanks for your appreciation BTW. It is difficult to put so many hours in to those videos on an old game and not want to quit.

blackflag said:
Getting salty up in here. I can taste it.
Nah. True fans get at each others throats sometimes. I truthfully have a bit of pride in my efforts so I will get defensive.

It's all cool now.

At the end of the day, we will all play this game

At the end of another day, this shit will be better than ninja dog gaiden 3.

NT and Capcom are at least self-aware....Team Ninja just sounds oblivious

Himself

I can see some vehement and passionate arguments in here. As someone who never played the series (I would love an HD collection dammit!), and isn't a fan of Ninja Theory's previous work, I'm interested in playing this.

It seems that the main argument (amongst many other things) is that DMC=combat and NT=terrible combat.

I know the gaming press can be a joke, but a lot of what's being written about the game has them serving as a middle man saying, "look, it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be", and it seems to be true. The environments are stunning. It has colors! I like the music that adapts to how you're fighting. Perhaps after I play the originals I'll understand why this is such an abomination. But, as an outsider to the series, for whatever it's worth, it looks pretty cool to me.

gunbo13 said:
Sorry LHK, I thought you were being sarcastic when you said you were showing off the videos. You have my apology for that.

OK, I personally just got a little tiffed at this:
"Because I saw some of your videos that I cared to watch in the DMC anniv, thread - all that was being done I was aware and could replicate myself. "

That sounded like a belittling comment. If you talked a bit about how much you played in the past, then that would be another thing. But, from my point of view you were stating that I was doing garden grade stuff where my hundreds of hours should have been a few. Though, it wasn't fair for me to question what you did in the past, so I take it back.

I agree, we can drop this. As Dahbomb yelled at me in the past, we are all fans. Thanks for your appreciation BTW. It is difficult to put so many hours in to those videos on an old game and not want to quit.

Nah. True fans get at each others throats sometimes. I truthfully have a bit of pride in my efforts so I will get defensive.

It's all cool now.

Yeah, no joke. He asked me if I could show him something on the importance of casual vs. core game design concepts.

Casual gamers, want "the animationzz" right? Core gamers want responsive controls. The player to do what they want him to do at the moment of input.

A lot of these DMC combo videos show poor animation (due to the absurd amount of cancels) but also show the level of "human" control they offer.

Effectively allowing fans to break the system. I don't think that all of the shit advanced players do in DMC, was thought out by the dev team.

So, I pointed the video out and he showed some of the guys he was working with.

Curufinwe

Psymon_Stark said:
This preview was made by a friend of mine (not a Capcom fan which has played all the saga od DMC), and he was super skeptical about this game before trying the demo at GamesCom. If he changed his mind, I'm starting to thinking that the game may be good, after all...

Sorry, but it's more videogame press toadying, just like Eurogamer's preview. The dumbest remarks are bolded.

Ninja Theory creative director Tameem Antoniades, who was playing and explaining how the game works along with other staff members, really wanted to remark how Dante's really upset with the world: he doesn't have a job, and he feels like he has no future. Just like most angsty teenagers nowadays.

As much as old fans of Devil May Cry might dislike this, it's actually a good move to boost the appeal of the game in order to reach new audiences. And it's backed up by amazingly high production values. The game does look good, and moves smoothly -- just as you would expect from a Ninja Theory production.

GuardianE said:
Whatever happened to hand vs eye? I miss that site.

It kind of died out. And also, what we started to do, became grass roots. Everyone was putting together their own stuff and we soon found out that some of these people were doing better stuff than we were.

But really, Hand vs. Eye I think was all Gemasis. I did some DMC focused stuff, but he really expanded it to other games.

I actually see some of what Gunbo is doing and maybe somebody like that should continue the hand vs. eye concept. Awesome videos relating to 'mechanics' and skill oriented games. As you know, hand vs. eye wasn't restricted to DMC. I certainly would dig a website like. Or at least a youtube channel.

gunbo13

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Yeah, no joke. He asked me if I could show him something on the importance of casual vs. core game design concepts.

Casual gamers, want "the animationzz" right? Core gamers want responsive controls. The player to do what they want him to do at the moment of input.

A lot of these DMC combo videos show poor animation (due to the absurd amount of cancels) but also show the level of "human" control they offer.

Effectively allowing fans to break the system. I don't think that all of the shit advanced players do in DMC, was thought out by the dev team.

So, I pointed the video out and he showed some of the guys he was working with.
Good stuff. I honestly thought my videos were going to vapor but for it to help out a few people, that makes the effort worth it.

Dahbomb said:
I made a post here with my analysis but it got made into another thread. You guys should probably continue the discussion there now (as in non frame rate related discussion which is done to death anyway).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441662
Can we still fight? ;)

Psymon_Stark said:
This preview was made by a friend of mine (not a Capcom fan which has played all the saga od DMC), and he was super skeptical about this game before trying the demo at GamesCom. If he changed his mind, I'm starting to thinking that the game may be good, after all...

That's good to hear.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
moves smoothly -- just as you would expect from a Ninja Theory production.

you can instantly discount any PReview that says anything of this sort. Maybe he played the imaginary PC versions @ 60fps or even real 30fps.

moves smoothly -- just as you would expect from a Ninja Theory production

300full.jpg

BeautifulMemory said:
At the end of the day, we will all play this game

At the end of another day, this shit will be better than ninja dog gaiden 3.

NT and Capcom are at least self-aware....Team Ninja just sounds oblivious

Team Ninja: We want the player to know how it feels to cut through human flesh, to rip through skin, muscle, and bone. To slice, with ninja like tact.

The World: So, you're going to have decapitations and cut limbs - like in Ninja Gaiden 2.

Team Ninja: No

The World: Huh?

Team Ninja: Huh, what?

The World: You just sai---

Team Ninja: Who?

Khal_B

alr1ghtstart said:
you can instantly discount whatever PReview that says anything of this sort. Maybe he played the imaginary PC versions @ 60fps or even real 30fps.

If this gets a PC port, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Team Ninja: We want the player to know how it feels to cut through human flesh, to rip through skin, muscle, and bone. To slice, with ninja like tact.

The World: So, you're going to have decapitations and cut limbs - like in Ninja Gaiden 2.

Team Ninja: No

The World: Huh?

Team Ninja: Huh, what?

The World: You just sai---

Team Ninja: Who?
For the record the new Dante absolutely disgusts me, personal opinion I know

But why in the hell would Team Ninja fuck with flying swallow, Ryu's signature move? Ninja gaiden isn't exactly ninja-like, but if there's a move that made ryu a ninja, it's flying swallow

Ugh

Top Bottom