• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do fat ass, uneducated Americans (aka all of them) chant USA and clap after a meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Is this an American thing? Someone told me they clap after eating at a restaurant. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Moppet13

Clap after a meal? The fuck? No, that's strange as hell. OP where do you live where people think Americans clap after eating?

LKyZG.gif

I have a few times but it was after I cooked a badass steak at home.

Like, biting into it "fuck yeah!!! *clap clap clap*"

And at the end another round. Never in public though.

Oreoleo

Maybe at Benihana...

Oh, this is a good point actually. At a hibachi-style restaurant it's usually customary to applaud the chef when he's finished cooking, but it's as much for the 'performance' as it is for the food, if not more so.

And even that is before you eat your meal. But after you're done? Nah, never.

BPoole

Sounds like someone lied to you. I've heard people clap after a movie, when they laugh and when a plane lands, but I have never heard one upon finishing a meal

Grisby

Sure, at Japanese Steak Houses. Cook is flying knives in the air and dazzling with his pyrotechnic displays so a clap or two isn't unheard of.

Only there though, be kind of werid to do it before a burger at Mickey D's.

This reminds ne of when I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy here in the UK and one person decided to clap at the end... Everyone in the screening was like wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom