• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do not believe anything, about gaming news tomorrow (according to your timeline)

kingfey

Banned
Be warned. Tomorrow is April 1.

As always, there will be alot of fake information.

Don't believe anything the media or leakers would tell you.

I know the demand for gaming information is high now. Just be careful not to believe about those rumors.

And no, I am not your dad. I am just saving you from disappointment that is all.

MiguelItUp

It's been a great week for April Fool's thus far, lmao. "Hey, stuff is going down tomorrow." - nothing happens. "Hey, actually it's tomorrow." - nothing happens. It's been a week full of rumors people have been freaking out about and nothing has happened, lmao.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Jokes on you, I hype myself for every news, gets disappointed and are sad and excited for a whole year for the next April 1sr news.

It's like annual E3 for me, except its awesome.

Bartski

Gold Member
Game Show Genius GIF by ABC Network

Hugare

Remember how Yakuza 7 combat system was made as an April's Fool joke and people loved it so much that they put it in the game?

You never know

fart town usa

Gold Member

I know the demand for gaming information is high now. Just be careful not to believe about those rumors.

And no, I am not your dad. I am just saving you from disappointment that is all.
Robert Redford Nod GIF

Legit love posts like this, gotta have a Dad Gaf mindset at times. Nothing wrong with looking out.

Banned
what a chad move would it be for Microsoft to just buy Sega tomorrow so that noone believes it when it is all over the gaming news?

financial shitposting is what we will call it, and it's gonna be lit!

A.Romero

what a chad move would it be for Microsoft to just buy Sega tomorrow so that noone believes it when it is all over the gaming news?

financial shitposting is what we will call it, and it's gonna be lit!
Can't happen, tomorrow is Friday and everyone knows Sega's acquisition will go down on Wednesday.

Nobody believes this stuff anymore but it's fun to look at the creativity. The most ludicrous ones are forgettable but there are some that do make people wonder.

Reactions: Fbh

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yakuza Like a Dragon's turn based game play was revealed on April's Fools and everyone thought it was a joke.

Turned out to be an amazing JRPG all things considered.

GHound

I'd take it a step further and just say be skeptical of all game related news. I'd make an exception for press releases, but sometimes even those are full of shit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marvel14

Banned

Is demand for gaming info ever low?

I hope Capcom, Sega, Namco, or Square Enix make that one small April 1st announcement that actually turns out to be real. There's usually one.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Way back EGM's April issue had them asking people to find the April Fools joke. Couldnt find anything suspicious. I forget how they gave the answer, but it was the cover. Streets of Rage 3 was spelt wrong.

998643574_ElectronicGamingMonthlyIssue57(April1994).jpg.7292e0647ed2c4cbb06e5fcaefda5f0f.jpg

Last edited:

trikster40

I just don’t get April Fools. All these stupid threads mucking up the forum, they’re not funny, nobody believes them, and it just pisses people off. Leave the “jokes” for websites and magazines.

Top Bottom